Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

The Fishing thread

Only if I can get an item called "Bait" and link it every time I ruse someone.
Find

Hell yes fishing thread

I wanted to suggest a variety of fishing rods, one "base" rod that can evolve or be upgraded to others that specialize in a certain thing, specifically what type of thing they catch.

One can catch a greater percentage of fish,
one can "catch" a greater percentage of crates like a brand new "aquatic" crate or tidal II crates,
and the third can give the increased chance of catching new random fishing rewards that range from junk items to cosmetics to new fishing related items and uniques.

I'm less interested in the mechanics of fishing as with the unlocks you can do and new content it can give like fishing challenges, titles and unlocks

This is what I kinda envisioned for what fishing would be used for, +1

Harpoon Gun should be added
Find

Fishing related event on lobby, announced prior to it starting. (to give people time to join)
Either miniboss that is based out of the lake (rare chance to spawn by someone fishing) or fishing derby.

Rune of Reeling : Grants bonus rng to catch either rare fish or rare drops.  Only acquired via fishing as a rare drop. 1hour time limit for rune.

Rune of Shared Reeling: Grants bonus to catch rare drops to everyone, given by lobby bosses only. (or only fishing miniboss) time based. 20mins time limit for rune.

most of my other ideas were placed into the opening post, so I don't get to push my ideas as much considering you posted them for me.

Fishing rod unique godlike, as the end all be all rod. It can be used as a melee, with a right click that functions like the Minecraft fishing rod, only during TTT. (all karma loss is enabled so don't flail people off edges randomly)
"Closest thing I have had to alcohol is chocolate milk... Don't quote me on that!"
"Please somebody use this as a signature to remember this day."-Catbug
Find

(08-13-2018, 01:47 AM)TJ1524 Wrote:  And then the micro moments where you just win the jackpot because your name is microboss.

Make it feel like it was worth spending the three hours spinning to win the 40k jackpot.

I know you said not complicated, but I just wanted to add systems to give options.

i sometimes let other people win. Only sometimes tho.

Also i like alot of Tj's ideas they are pretty good and cant wait to see what ideas you add!

(ALSO NO FLASHBACK FROM SPIN2WIN HELLO??? i think people have spinned more then 30k)
Find

Oh, oh! I don't want to make this to complex but what if you can get a chance to summon the kraken which excel had posted about ( https://forerunnergaming.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=6420 ) from fishing.

Such as:
Oh! You're line has snagged something big.
Then go into a fight with the kraken right away.

Or

Catch some sort of ticket/scent that can be used with a party to call in the kraken.
Find

(08-15-2018, 01:39 AM)Skully_Fluff Wrote:  Oh, oh! I don't want to make this to complex but what if you can get a chance to summon the kraken which excel had posted about ( https://forerunnergaming.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=6420 ) from fishing.

Such as:
Oh! You're line has snagged something big.
Then go into a fight with the kraken right away.

Or

Catch some sort of ticket/scent that can be used with a party to call in the kraken.

I think the second way to enter the fight would be better, but maybe kraken could be a singleplayer bossfight? A new singleplayer boss would be cool
Find

Some progress:

Find

Ohoho, looks fun. The only downside I see is one a friend helped me realize, that this might further TTT's stagnation. Its a shame to see so few people on it.

Also, if I can suggest something, there should be special juicy fish you can gut for forerunner fragments and stuff.
Find

(08-15-2018, 12:20 PM)Terran Wrote:  Ohoho, looks fun. The only downside I see is one a friend helped me realize, that this might further TTT's stagnation. Its a shame to see so few people on it.

Also, if I can suggest something, there should be special juicy fish you can gut for forerunner fragments and stuff.

Yea I mean, if some of the recent updates didn't keep people on TTT, I don't know if anything will at this point. I'd rather just focus on making stuff I enjoy rather than continuously focusing on trying to keep TTT numbers up. As long as our regulars stick around and enjoy my content, I'm happy.