Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average

Problematic Maps

I honestly miss space station too, despite how bad the generator and ships were for TTT, I have some of my favorite memories on that map. (Along with lost temple too)

I have an addon called "Mappatcher" that allows me to block off certain areas, make teleports, etc. I could easily apply it to the generator room. But then it's just the problem of the space pods causing rounds to take forever.
Find

tbh, the part of the map that really breathes life into it is the generator room. it's no fun without it. the space pods were always funny when Ts struggled to kill the last Inno flying around xd

(12-30-2018, 05:53 AM)Fagxel Wrote:  tbh, the part of the map that really breathes life into it is the generator room. it's no fun without it. the space pods were always funny when Ts struggled to kill the last I no flying around xd

The way it would work would be T's can still cause it to explode via explosions. Innocents just wouldn't beable to trigger it.

I've mentioned this idea multiple times, but I think it'd be cool to convert TTT2 (AKA former 24/7 Minecraft) to rejected map server. It'd only feature maps that have been removed, and with a few special rules to allow them to be played (such as either allowing map objectives).
Heres a makeshift list of the maps off the top of my head:
Vagiland
Space Station
Sand Raiders
Toy Soldiers
Umpty Dumpty
Find

Man, I don't know how anybody actually enjoyed space station. From the incredibly slow opening doors that can instantly kill you, to instant death areas, to an outside area that you have to carefully navigate to get to stupid space pods without touching the "floor" of space and instantly dying, to rooms that could be locked and you had to C4 people out, to the X-Wing room that nobody knew how to get to except for a few and they would camp there every round, to the fact you could blow up the entire map in the first minute and kill everyone...

There were other issues, too. Cool map, terrible TTT map. But if someone is offering to fix the problems and make it a decent TTT map, I have absolutely no complaints. The map looked cool, it just played like shit.

(12-30-2018, 05:25 PM)Terran Wrote:  Man, I don't know how anybody actually enjoyed space station. From the incredibly slow opening doors that can instantly kill you, to instant death areas, to an outside area that you have to carefully navigate to get to stupid space pods without touching the "floor" of space and instantly dying, to rooms that could be locked and you had to C4 people out, to the X-Wing room that nobody knew how to get to except for a few and they would camp there every round, to the fact you could blow up the entire map in the first minute and kill everyone...

There were other issues, too. Cool map, terrible TTT map. But if someone is offering to fix the problems and make it a decent TTT map, I have absolutely no complaints. The map looked cool, it just played like shit.

From an era where being sweaty on TTT wasn't mainstream.

(12-30-2018, 05:26 PM)Brassx Wrote:  
(12-30-2018, 05:25 PM)Terran Wrote:  Man, I don't know how anybody actually enjoyed space station. From the incredibly slow opening doors that can instantly kill you, to instant death areas, to an outside area that you have to carefully navigate to get to stupid space pods without touching the "floor" of space and instantly dying, to rooms that could be locked and you had to C4 people out, to the X-Wing room that nobody knew how to get to except for a few and they would camp there every round, to the fact you could blow up the entire map in the first minute and kill everyone...

I mean they were, there was a reason everyone called it Delay station.
Find

I downloaded a version of the map and extracted its materials, there is a lot of content put into this map (even a soundcache and a radar, +1 for radars in TTT!).

Tried to place the files in my directory but nothing was really working (besides the adverts...of course...).

Through experimenting it could work but I don't know if it's worth the time + Brass can just use that workshop item to patch the map up with clipping and such.

Besides I never really liked the map even without the little space ships, pretty cool to see how it was made tho.
Find

I think NTG was a pretty sweaty era :(
Find

(12-30-2018, 08:11 PM)Terran Wrote:  

I think NTG was a pretty sweaty era Sad

Post-inventory sure. Pre-inventory? Not really. TTT was a lot more chill when I used to play.
Find