Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Latest Threads
Mex Discord Unmute
Forum: Unban Requests
Last Post: CoachGrump
Today, 04:03 AM
» Replies: 1
jasper's Member+ Applicat...
Forum: +Member Applications
Last Post: jasper
Today, 02:06 AM
» Replies: 0
North Member Reapplicatio...
Forum: Approved
Last Post: Not John Smith
05-01-2024, 03:05 AM
» Replies: 12
Mem+ Application
Forum: Denied
04-26-2024, 01:48 AM
» Replies: 3
Heavysandvich5 RDM
Forum: Resolved
04-21-2024, 01:56 PM
» Replies: 2
BoySmokes - Membership Ap...
04-18-2024, 01:59 AM
» Replies: 10
Slanderman_ member app
04-18-2024, 01:12 AM
» Replies: 6
A Basket of Puppies Membe...
Forum: Denied
Last Post: Basket of Puppies
04-16-2024, 02:21 PM
» Replies: 10
Scopes Membership Applica...
Forum: Membership
Last Post: twentysix
04-15-2024, 09:18 PM
» Replies: 2
YeOldRust - Membership Ap...
04-14-2024, 11:46 PM
» Replies: 6

Forum Statistics

Members: 4,447,   Latest member: cobaltgeo,   Forum threads: 9,008,   Forum posts: 74,340,   Full Statistics

Need some ideas and input.
Posted by: Brassx - 12-06-2014, 05:10 AM - Forum: General - Replies (23)

Ok, so I'm planning out a market(or bidding) system, that will be accessible on the forums(not like NTG's more like Steams marketplace), and In game.

This system will also be used to give an estimate for how much your item is worth, based on previous transactions, this I hope will help newer players not get sharked.

Here's what I have planned:
Calculate an average % rating for your Item, that is, all stats are stored as a value 0 - 1, then I just calculate an average based on how many stats. (say you have 4 stats, .3, .5, .6, .25, the average would be (.3 + .4 + .6 + .25 )/ 4 which is .3875)

I then calculate a % rating for any traits/suffixes attached to it(slightly different way, but overall same result).

After these values are calculated, I search previous market transactions for similar item quality, and trait qualities, these are found with a set + or - margin, it just looks for SIMILAR qualities.

With that data, I calculate an average price estimate for the item, based on an average of the 10 or so most recent transactions, this is shown to players so they now know the estimated worth of it.

The problem I have now, is that I can't decide what to do when NO results are found, do I simply state "Not enough transactions to estimate price" or do I search at a wider margin, or even take away a trait to search?

I'm worried because, this system doesn't work if the first item of something is dropped. So if a newbie gets a really rare item FIRST, they have no idea what it's worth.

Any ideas?

Print this item

Suggestion note to Terran: Health Kit
Posted by: Bottle4 - 12-05-2014, 10:33 PM - Forum: Off Topic - No Replies

1. Check the Shoutbox archive
2. Health kit - Can heal you/Somebody else for # HP (Based on % increase). Limited use - normal ones have only 1 use. Has a chance to drop with a Use stat - increases uses - up to # times (let's say, 3-5 times per round?). Has chances to spawn with a trait. | TRAITS: Offensive category: Healing does NOT heal them - instead, it can steal their HP, Poison them, Electrocute them, Freeze (if possible) them, Burn them. Defensive category: Can stop after-effects of: Poison, Electrocutions, Freeze OR burning. Hold LMB (or whatever button you use to shoot) to charge the health kit to heal yourself - Hold the RMB (or whatever button you use to aim with ironsights) to charge the health kit to heal someone else ( NEEDS TO BE AIMING ALREADY AT SOMEONE )

kgnitem9.

Print this item

Please
Posted by: Terran - 12-05-2014, 06:21 PM - Forum: General - Replies (13)

Let us never have regen bubbles or anything of their ilk in FRG.

I'm done with NTG's fucking regen bubbles. What's the point of shooting a T to near death if he can camp for two minutes and heal to full? What is even the point?

Print this item

Terrans Nightmare
Posted by: Rangerdanger - 12-05-2014, 03:41 AM - Forum: Off Topic - Replies (10)

https://plus.google.com/106198048378462214414/posts/ejFGq37UEdp

This
is
cancer

SHIELD UR EYES

Print this item

This Thread needed to be made
Posted by: [TAW] Baltarog - 12-05-2014, 12:24 AM - Forum: Other Games - Replies (25)

I just got my first knife on 2014-12-01 Big Grin

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=351235254

Print this item

General patchnotes 12/4/2014
Posted by: Brassx - 12-04-2014, 09:45 PM - Forum: Server Patchnotes - Replies (6)

This update does a few things to the forums, and the server.

Forums
•Fixed users having to re-log in every time they close their browser.
•Fixed some issues with mysql and weird usernames.
•Fixed "Mark All forums Read" bug(fixed awhile ago).
•Added an Inventory tab in a users profile block, it allows you to see how many coins they have in game(soon will show inventory).
•Finished the Donation page(wont be live till server launch), everything is linked with the forums, so you don't have to enter a steamID. You simply log into your steam account and everything else is automated after you donate.

Server
•Converted all inventories to a new save format, to be more compatible with PHP, for future purposes(possibly a market in browser, and the ability to fully link your inventory to the forums).
•Fixed some bugs with the Coinshop displays.
•Improved loading for Coinshop items.
•Rubies are now fully functional(Donator currency, non-tradeable), but wont be used until the Donation page is open.
•Slightly tweaked rarities of some low-level traits.
•Various other tweaks and fixes(too many/too small to list).

Print this item

Swifts beta tester application
Posted by: SwiftXvenom®™ - 12-04-2014, 01:21 AM - Forum: Denied - Replies (1)

Age*: 15
Where did you hear about this server?*: Jake is my friend and he informed me about it.
Why do you want to be a Private Beta Tester?*: I want to help the server grow in as many ways possible and this seems like a way.
Are you a member of Next Tier Gaming?*: no, I was banned for exploiting (but dont worry i have payed my time and stopped hacking)
Any other info: I am swift like a ninja (jklol). Um im a chill guy and I like pizza also I am silver 4 on csgo and I am close friends with jake so hi.

Print this item

well hello there guys
Posted by: SwiftXvenom®™ - 12-04-2014, 01:17 AM - Forum: Introductions - Replies (12)

well im swift you may not remember me but this is my alternate steam account and yeah =) im glad to see a new fun and welcoming community

Print this item

Tyler Jones' Application
Posted by: Tyler "Dat Booty Doe" Jones - 12-04-2014, 01:04 AM - Forum: Denied - Replies (14)

Age*: 18
Where did you hear about this server?*: Like everywhere on NTG
Why do you want to be a Private Beta Tester?*: I have seen the work you have done on NTG and I can only assume your own server will be incredible. I want to help you make this into the amazing server I know it can be.
Are you a member of Next Tier Gaming?*: Yes :3
Any other info: As you know, I was the manager of NTG for quite some time, as well as a rank for an even longer time. Plenty of experience with TTT and what makes TTT fun. I would love to put my input in towards this project as well.

Print this item

What has happened
Posted by: Zephyr - 12-03-2014, 10:53 PM - Forum: Off Topic - Replies (18)

Can you guys please fill me in on whats been happening with NTG? Im kinda banned so, I cant really check.

Who has left NTG? Anyone that left NTG and just came here? Anyone still in both? Any new things happening, besides any inventory system updates?

I just want to be a little bit more informed, I havent heard anything about NTG for 2 months.

Print this item

Online Users
There are currently 950 online users. » 27 Member(s) | 923 Guest(s)
?Shadow Wolf?, Boolerino, Brassx , Brim, cnyanners, Creeper Hugger, D3F4ULT, Danderp, enby.wafflehouse2001, Gluten-Free Toast, heavysandvich5, Hugs, Jyu Viole Grace, Kusaki, MAGES., ManeGunner6, PandaCow, Revs, Ruastin, Slanderman_, Sleepman, stoopid, Tcupp, Toxicbust, ◥ChechenWolf☪◤