Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

Poll: What to do with melees.
Yeah nerf the damage! (you're pretty cool)
Nerf the damage but increase a bit eveywhere else (you're okay)
no frick u i like having my durendal and doing 1-2 hit kills on most people (nerds vote here)
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

A Note on Melees.

(03-29-2015, 01:10 AM)Dreadark Wrote:  
(03-29-2015, 12:35 AM)Brassx Wrote:  
(03-28-2015, 11:59 PM)Dreadark Wrote:  I totalllyyy see where you're coming from Brass. I LOVE melees personally. I always love hitting things and it probably comes from my childhood of only playing RPGs.

I just don't think they need to be THAT powerful. I would rather them do less damage but swing a ton faster.
But hey, As long as its not possible to 2 hit kill with ANY melee weapon, I'll be fine. I can live with 3 hit kill.

also I would love some rpg-like melees other than just swords.
or just more melees, but then again there's likely a few that haven't dropped.

To be fair, isn't it kind of the same to have them swinging a ton faster with less damage as swinging slower with more damage? The DPS averages out if it's like that.

Should be looked at by considering DPS(damage per second), not hit's per kill in this scenario imo.

At least you would have a chance to know what's happening when they hit you. if it just deals a lot of damage and its slow, its possible to one hit kill at over half health. I dunno, I guess both can have their advantages but I see damage more useful than swing rate.

Fair enough. I can definitely see it being more of an issue if they have lower HP.
Find

What if Melees did 20 damage by default, but each one had a higher current HP damage, too?

Default Crowbar = 20 Damage
Axe = 20 Damage + 5% Current HP
Ninjato = 20 Damage + 15% Current HP + Movespeed
Durendal = 20 Damage + 20% Current HP + Range

or something?
Find

(03-29-2015, 01:30 AM)Terran Wrote:  What if Melees did 20 damage by default, but each one had a higher current HP damage, too?

Default Crowbar = 20 Damage
Axe = 20 Damage + 5% Current HP
Ninjato = 20 Damage + 15% Current HP + Movespeed
Durendal = 20 Damage +  20% Current HP + Range

or something?

sounds pretty good but probably wouldn't be A-Okay for the rest of the people here.
Find