Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

Poll: What to do with melees.
Yeah nerf the damage! (you're pretty cool)
Nerf the damage but increase a bit eveywhere else (you're okay)
no frick u i like having my durendal and doing 1-2 hit kills on most people (nerds vote here)
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

A Note on Melees.

They seem pretty overpowered. I've heard certain ones can do up to 70 in a hit which is just stupidly overpowered. Not to mention they all have +stats with no downsides. The crowbar dosent even stand a chance or compare to the other melees.

What I say is nerf the damage on ALL melees but increase other stuff a tiny bit to prevent the melee nerds from going crazy.

And to all those coming to say "ya but they r supr slow" : It dosent matter because when you melee someone you're likely going for the kill. Unless you attack an afk with a melee, swing speed dosent really affect much.

If you don't think they need a nerf then you're a nerd who enjoys overpowered weapons.

I mean I use a hatchet and I think it's pretty strong.
Find

Well, a few things I feel:

Ninjato is pretty powerful at 15% movement speed and a two-hit kill. I was feeling it should be a three-hit kill and retain the high movespeed.

Durandel is nice, but the range is way too high. 25% range is really strong, lowering that a bit would be good (Its a 3-hit kill, too). 10% would feel more fair.

The rest I haven't used much, but the Hylian Shield could use a small buff (What if you held right-click, and after a few seconds you'd be enveloped by a shield similar to Naryu's Love in Ocarina of Time? You wouldn't be able to shoot out of it, or be shot inside of it. It'd last just a couple of seconds, too.

Otherwise, I really DO like how they function, even right now. They're a viable method of winning a fight, surprisingly. I just feel the reach is a bit high on some.
Find

Nah even a 3 hit kill is pretty strong. I feel they should be balanced around the crowbar. I mean it would even make sense if the swing rate of swords were really high and damage was a bit lower because, well, they're swords.
Find

No, a 3 hit kill is fine man. They do swing slower and the point of Melee weapons isn't to be useless.

If you pull a crowbar out and fight someone with a gun, you WILL lose. With a better Melee you have a chance. Or, good for finishing people off.
Find

Maybe but there shouldn't even be a chance of doing 50 damage. I'd say 40 max. 30 lowest.
Find

I'm not gonna vote because theres no very cool
Find

At the very least please nerf ninjatos.

please.
Find

But they are going up against guns that most can 2 hit you from range. Sniper can instant kill from across map and Swords are like a 2 hit from hugging distance so they aren't that bad

Some of their damage is RNG based, and it will do a random + or - to the base damage. (usually -13 through + 15).

A 3 hit kill is fine when we're talking melee weapons. The point of them being more powerful is to make them more useful in a fight. If they were all around crowbar 'level' they would practically be useless, I mean, how many times do you see someone with a crowbar trying to kill anyone? It doesn't work.

Even at their current stats, how many times do you see a melee weapon out perform a gun?(I mean aside from if they have their backs turned and/or you take them off gaurd). The ranges should likely be nerfed a bit, but I feel the damage on most aren't as bad as you're making them seem(Even the ninjato has some RNG on the damage. -13 - + 15 so it can do more, and do less in some hits.)

EDIT:I applied a slight nerf on the damage ranges. Specifically decreased the max amount the damage can be increased to via RNG. This should stop any of them from 2 hitting people.
Find

The legbiter which is the one that does around 70dmg takes another year to swing again its pretty balanced (ik u already stated the slowness but the slowness on this melee is a lot, so if it was nerfed even a little bit it would be shit). If they did like 20 damage then what is the point of hitting someone with a melee? They'll just shoot you. Also none of them can 1 hit.
Find