Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

Poll: What to do with melees.
Yeah nerf the damage! (you're pretty cool)
Nerf the damage but increase a bit eveywhere else (you're okay)
no frick u i like having my durendal and doing 1-2 hit kills on most people (nerds vote here)
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

A Note on Melees.

Bad thread is bad.

If you nerf melee weapons, then they will have no purpose. 2 hit kills vs fully automatics that will kill you in less than 1 second of a trigger pull? waaaaaaaaaaah.
Find

Melees aren't made to be brutal OP weapons. They're basically made to be stat sticks that make you look cooler. It's just like a mage with a really expensive staff; Looks really cool, helps them passively a lot, hits like a twig.
Find

(03-28-2015, 10:56 PM)Maeps Wrote:  Melees aren't made to be brutal OP weapons. They're basically made to be stat sticks that make you look cooler. It's just like a mage with a really expensive staff; Looks really cool, helps them passively a lot, hits like a twig.

I simply carry 5 rocks while running because it looks cool there's no point in me doing it I just enjoy running with rocks. What would be the point of melees if they were unusable?
Find

What are the point in skins in CS:GO? All they do is makes your stuff look different, they literally do nothing. But some can cost a fortune just being they look nice.
Find

imo the crowbar was always supposed to be for breaking stuff and as a last resort, these melee weapons take that concept and dump it in the toilet.

I don't understand. YOu guys are all saying "melees aren't supposed to be useless"

when they kinda are supposed to be except for breaking stuff and as a last resort. Its really not hard whatsoever for a person with a sword to beat someone with a gun in close range.

Also I've been told Brass applied a slight nerf to the RNG of some weapons. Thank you Brass. Hopefully this dosen't make me rage as much.
Find

(03-28-2015, 11:11 PM)Dreadark Wrote:  imo the crowbar was always supposed to be for breaking stuff and as a last resort, these melee weapons take that concept and dump it in the toilet.

I don't understand. YOu guys are all saying "melees aren't supposed to be useless"

when they kinda are supposed to be except for breaking stuff and as a last resort. Its really not hard whatsoever for a person with a sword to beat someone with a gun in close range.

Also I've been told Brass applied a slight nerf to the RNG of some weapons. Thank you Brass. Hopefully this dosen't make me rage as much.

That whole crowbar is meant to be useless type concept kinda gets thrown out the window when players spawn with weapons IMO.

Anyways, I wanted melee weapons on my server to not be like that. I wanted them to be useful in more than that last resort, open door, break stuff ways, which is why you can drop them and pick them up now too.

I wanted them to be more than looks. They should be considered weapons. Not wooden sticks that take 10 hits at point blank range to do anything.

Also:
I slightly nerfed the range on some as well.

But don't take what I'm saying as 'shutting you down' or anything. I'm just discussing my views on it, of course I will likely nerf it if It does what it wasn't meant to and a lot of people dislike them.
Find

I totalllyyy see where you're coming from Brass. I LOVE melees personally. I always love hitting things and it probably comes from my childhood of only playing RPGs.

I just don't think they need to be THAT powerful. I would rather them do less damage but swing a ton faster.
But hey, As long as its not possible to 2 hit kill with ANY melee weapon, I'll be fine. I can live with 3 hit kill.

also I would love some rpg-like melees other than just swords.
or just more melees, but then again there's likely a few that haven't dropped.
Find

(03-28-2015, 11:59 PM)Dreadark Wrote:  I totalllyyy see where you're coming from Brass. I LOVE melees personally. I always love hitting things and it probably comes from my childhood of only playing RPGs.

I just don't think they need to be THAT powerful. I would rather them do less damage but swing a ton faster.
But hey, As long as its not possible to 2 hit kill with ANY melee weapon, I'll be fine. I can live with 3 hit kill.

To be fair, isn't it kind of the same to have them swinging a ton faster with less damage as swinging slower with more damage? The DPS averages out if it's like that.

Should be looked at by considering DPS(damage per second), not hit's per kill in this scenario imo.
Find

We're RPG now.
Find

(03-29-2015, 12:35 AM)Brassx Wrote:  
(03-28-2015, 11:59 PM)Dreadark Wrote:  I totalllyyy see where you're coming from Brass. I LOVE melees personally. I always love hitting things and it probably comes from my childhood of only playing RPGs.

To be fair, isn't it kind of the same to have them swinging a ton faster with less damage as swinging slower with more damage? The DPS averages out if it's like that.

Should be looked at by considering DPS(damage per second), not hit's per kill in this scenario imo.

At least you would have a chance to know what's happening when they hit you. if it just deals a lot of damage and its slow, its possible to one hit kill at over half health. I dunno, I guess both can have their advantages but I see damage more useful than swing rate.
Find