Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tone down SF+ Ocarina

The excuse used for stormforged was that the gun had bad stats, so it had a great suffix. Now you can put it in other guns or even buff them and its silly. Not really exactly on topic, but a gripe I have regardless.

(01-25-2020, 02:41 AM)Bezerker Wrote:  It’s just...too much. Way too much. If you don’t have the exact setup as the top player, you won’t come near their level of damage. That isn’t what FRG grew on, sure, some items will always outclass others, but the margin was small, and didn’t matter as much. Now, your loot is based almost entirely on how fast you can kill something compared to the guy next to you, and that just irks me.

Come on dude.. There's only 2 real competitive PvE things on the entire server. Lyrus and kraken. And it makes a rather irrelevant difference if you're 1st or 10th for kraken. Lyrus is a bigger deal though. Your comparison is funny to me, saying the margin was 'small', as people used to say the opposite when everyone used azuredge on kraken. From my perspective it seems like a lot of people are just pointing fingers, trying to figure out why certain people always place higher than others a lot of the time, though admittedly, this instance is difference because it is objectively a bit step up. But nonetheless I see it all the time, and been reading complaints about this stuff since the dawn of lobby PVE stuff.

I think people are making a big deal out of something pretty small though. It's strong for pve yes, but regardless what happens there will always be specific people who always place top. It's been a "problem" long before ocarina/stormforged combo. Once this is resolved, people will move on to complain about what ever meta other people come up with to get better scores. PvE doesn't need nearly as much balancing as PVP. It's okay for TWO PVE things to favor those with better weapons, I mean, that's the point of having weapons/combos that are better. A good synergy is fine. Without the synergy between it and ocarina, stormforged isn't as good as some of the other options anymore.

But yes I am aware it's strong with stormforged. Stormforged is really weird with it though, and I plan to look into it more. For instance, rounding the 1.81818181 chance down to 1.8 made it significantly better. Which is so odd. RNG really is a pain to deal with. I don't plan to nerf ocarina just because stormforged is good with it though.

(01-25-2020, 02:50 AM)Terran Wrote:  The excuse used for stormforged was that the gun had bad stats, so it had a great suffix. Now you can put it in other guns or even buff them and its silly. Not really exactly on topic, but a gripe I have regardless.

When you put a gun in mutable, mutable takes all the item stats from the gun you input. The bad stats still apply..

Keep in mind, stormforged was dethroned for best PvE item before ocarina was added as well.

unnerf azuredge

(01-25-2020, 02:50 AM)Terran Wrote:  The excuse used for stormforged was that the gun had bad stats, so it had a great suffix. Now you can put it in other guns or even buff them and its silly. Not really exactly on topic, but a gripe I have regardless.

mutable only brings viability to m16/famas because the same stats apply but in mutable its just a normal gun. so if you put an ak12 in the mutable you lose 8 bullets because normal ak has 30 while ak12 has 38.
Find