Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tone down SF+ Ocarina

I'm not asking for it to become non top tier anymore like it was for a bit.
I'm just saying that in it's current state the SF+Ocarina combination is TOO opressive and will if left alone most likely affect the PvE content very negatively.

The problem with it currently is that FRG recently recieved a MASSIVE increase in PWR on guns due to the Mutable AK being introduced and broken combinations being found.
This lead to things like putting a meatballer in and getting 8.9k pwr and most notably merc edge gaining 9.8k PWR!
Power levels like this have never really been seen before and like the system has showed records have been decimated.
But the Mutable wasn't the end to the powercreep but the Ocarina got released shortly afterwards.
And with it the SF+Ocarina combo was born.
The increased trait proc chance + the SF being able to be slotted into the Mutable means that you can have the strong gun WITH Stormforged AND ON TOP OF THAT OCARINA.
And quite evidently a monster was born.

The combination simply is too powerful and it's caused a situation were the gun simply outperforms literally everything by around 30% (i've personally experienced larger margins but this was documented in the discord channel)
Now it's okay for a gun to be the best and it's okay for this combination to be the best as well.
It's just that when everything else gets outperformed by such a large margin it creates a bad situation for the future of event weapons.
First of all the Ocarina is seasonal. This means that if you aren't playing right now and have the funds/luck to get one chances are that you will never really be able to perform at 100%.
Now that would be okay if there were any competition for the combination, but there isn't.
Also since 10k+ power guns aren't able to compete this means that if Brass were to create new event weapons for them to be event viable they would need extremely overtuned PvE traits OR to have the most insane statranges known to man.
And the second option wouldn't work since TTT exists.

So my proposal is to tune it down, a nerf if you will.
It isn't, in my opinion at least, good for a gun to overshadow all of the competition by such a large margin.
The release of the Mutable Ak has already made all prior event weapons garbage in comparison and it feels like it's been too large of a jump made in viability in such a short span of time.
I just think it's sad that the powercreep has made everything else irrelevant for records and score on Kraken and Lyrus
I mean take the recent gardinator buff for reference, it got a buff that put it on the level of 8.6k power guns which made it event viable for a short time. Sure it wasn't an eerie galil but it wasn't far off DPS wise maybe 5-10%. Then mutable comes out and blows that out of a park with 9.8k power which already is insane powercreep. But then Stormforged comes along and blows THAT out of the park with another 30%, do you see the problem?

You could've summarised this honestly, Just get to the point.

-> Howl+OC is almost on par with Stormforge, the base damage is just too high and reload speed is very handy for keeping up with damage.
The extra 25% damage is very gamechanging with howl.

If we nerf SF+OC wen eed to nerf Howl+OC and some other possibly combos because SF won't even come close to top combo if we nerf it to the point it's no longer viable.
Find

(01-24-2020, 10:50 PM)Tempus Wrote:  You could've summarised this honestly, Just get to the point.

-> Howl+OC is almost on par with Stormforge, the base damage is just too high and reload speed is very handy for keeping up with damage.
The extra 25% damage is very gamechanging with howl.

If we nerf SF+OC wen eed to nerf Howl+OC and some other possibly combos because SF won't even come close to top combo if we nerf it to the point it's no longer viable.
Well i felt like going the long route, it's just to try and put the problem in perspective.
And I would totally be for nerfing a lot of the new seasonal stuff that got introduced this xmas. I don't know if brass made it intentionally strong to mitigate Masterworks or if he just didn't quite think the power through due to the time schedule but a lot of things introduced are VERY strong.
Find

Please learn to format your posts better. Do spaces between paragraphs to split up the reading.

Like so.

(01-24-2020, 11:14 PM)Brassx Wrote:  Please learn to format your posts better. Do spaces between paragraphs to split up the reading.

Like so.
Will do, just wanted it out before it became irrelevant.

>getting something nerfed on FRG
good luck

I'm sorry but what's SF?

EDIT: just clued in that its stormforged. I mean yeah I agree. I miss being able to use heroic galil and get scores/damage/time which rivalled the best players with the best weapons; even though there were better options than heroic galil, it wasn't by a huge margin. Now it's kinda frustrating if you don't have the exact meta set of guns you won't be able to compete nearly on the same level as people who have it.

Like that video of Ace or whoever it was mowing down morgoth in like one or two magazines because of mutable/SF/ocarina. That's not really as frustrating cause it's not competing against others, but it really is an overpowered combo in my opinion.

As an ocarina owner, I can agree with a slight ocarina nerf and maybe a stormforged/mutable nerf.

(01-25-2020, 12:49 AM)Dreadark Wrote:  I'm sorry but what's SF?

Stormforged.
Find

i agree nerf mutable ( nerf clip or firerate ) and flute, maybe replace proc with firerate?

cursed and flute even worse .-.

It’s just...too much. Way too much. If you don’t have the exact setup as the top player, you won’t come near their level of damage. That isn’t what FRG grew on, sure, some items will always outclass others, but the margin was small, and didn’t matter as much. Now, your loot is based almost entirely on how fast you can kill something compared to the guy next to you, and that just irks me.
Umpty Dumpty