Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

QoL for Newer Players

This is mainly for newer players. With the new influx of players in the community and a lot of new players being confused with how the server works, we need a better way to explain how this server works. The server has so many features which easily overwhelms new players. Majority of the time older players explain how to use the inventory, what are keys, and other things which is fine but it's just not efficient. The https://forerunnergaming.org/help/ is a pretty helpful site but not a lot of new players know about it and the help button is just a small icon that people rarely notice when they open the iventory. There needs to be a clearer indicator on how to get help.

Suggestions:
-Maybe have a tour guide video for lobby or large signs posted on each area and npc to let new players know what there is to offer.
-Have a Motd message similar to the new boss rush message whenever new players join the lobby/ttt.
>The Motd message can be the website i said above and maybe have some of Beebee's guides in there also (shoutout to Beebee for those guides).
-Have a progression system that allows players to unlock certain features whenever they "mastered" the previous one.
> You can make it sort of like a beginner's quest and reward them for exploring each section. For example, whenever someone has familiarized themselves with the coinshop (ie Buy 10 crates or items), they unlock the marketplace and earn 1000 coins. Creating quests like these can help new players get started in the right path and also keep them busy besides wandering around ttt not knowing what to do.

Those are my thoughts right now and to the new moat players who just joined, welcome and I hope you enjoy your stay here.
Find

but most people cant read
can i have a sliding picture book
Find

I think the most confusing part was when I started that your inventory gets full really quick, and even after filling up the bank you need to keep removing your items as you keep getting new ones. Seems counter intuitive before you unlock the higher tier disassembling.

Maybe make it so you can disassemble the higher tier stuff but you won't benefit as much, for example only few scraps per unlikely/legendary/rares but no chance for catalysts and no xp gained.

(08-08-2019, 02:56 PM)Jertz Wrote:  I think the most confusing part was when I started that your inventory gets full really quick, and even after filling up the bank you need to keep removing your items as you keep getting new ones. Seems counter intuitive before you unlock the higher tier disassembling.

Maybe make it so you can disassemble the higher tier stuff but you won't benefit as much, for example only few scraps per unlikely/legendary/rares but no chance for catalysts and no xp gained.

That's what I'd been saying. However, don't forget you can make keys out of 10 weapons of the same rarity on the lobby.
Find