Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[NERF] Molten Tier Proc

The Molten Tier already gives you a gun with really good stats that allow you to pump out a lot of damage compared to virtually any other tier. With that in mind, it makes the molten ring proc very unbalanced because of just how much damage the proc itself can dish out. There are several ways the ring could be nerfed, some of which have already been suggested already:

-Make it have a smaller hitbox
-Make it dissipate onto the first person it hits
-Make it deal less damage by not having people burn for quite as long when hit

Any of these could be chosen to balance the proc.
Find

Yes, this is something that has angered me for an obscene amount of time. People complained constantly about the DOW balls, and while I agree they were bullshit, the molten ring is just as bad, if not worse. You can shoot it down a hallway and it just shreds innocents. Combined with mage balls/djinn procs, its ridiculous. Keep the stats high, that's fine, its a great event gun, but it is ANTI-FUN for TTT.
Find

Or just less burning time rather than less damage from the fire ring proc
Find

(06-11-2019, 04:18 PM)Kcat Wrote:  Or just less burning time rather than less damage from the fire ring proc
The problem is that you can hit people with it without actually hitting people. Exact same thing with the DoW, molten is just used to spam and get kills/procs without even trying. The gun is the epitome of anti-fun. You're fighting someone who doesn't even need to hit you to win the fight. NOT ONLY THAT, but the gun is ALSO one of the statistically strongest guns in the game. So you're combining amazing stats with an amazing suffix.
Find

(06-11-2019, 04:22 PM)Terran Wrote:  
(06-11-2019, 04:18 PM)Kcat Wrote:  Or just less burning time rather than less damage from the fire ring proc
The problem is that you can hit people with it without actually hitting people. Exact same thing with the DoW, molten is just used to spam and get kills/procs without even trying. The gun is the epitome of anti-fun. You're fighting someone who doesn't even need to hit you to win the fight. NOT ONLY THAT, but the gun is ALSO one of the statistically strongest guns in the game. So you're combining amazing stats with an amazing suffix.
First of all, T E R R A N, I was commenting about one of suggestions they listed, not yours. Stay in your lane. Plus, the whole uniqueness of the proc is that it is spreadable and can be used to a good extent if planned and targeted at a group. Its supposed to be good for groups but balancing it would be to make it do less damage or reduce the amount of fire time if proc'd on others. Talking about stats, yes, its amazingly good close range but trying to shoot it down a hall towards a person is hard due to the bad accuracy, stability, and the fire ring doesn't just go straight since the stability sucks. Having a djinn crystal usually saves me but that isn't the gun.
Find

Find

I'll look into it, but no guarantees it's going to receive any changes. It's a pretty dang rare weapon, but typically when we make items we make them either have really good stats and a less powerful proc/ability, or really good proc/ability and less powerful baseweapon/stats. We bend that every now and again cause keeping the same flow would get repetitive/boring, and molten is an example of bending it due to rarity of an item(which is not often used to determine how good something should be) and the nature in which it is obtained - to make it feel worth it to get. Though that won't entirely excuse if something is just TOO over the top, thus while I'll check into it.
Find

(06-11-2019, 05:00 PM)Kcat Wrote:  First of all, T E R R A N, I was commenting about one of suggestions they listed, not yours. Stay in your lane. Plus, the whole uniqueness of the proc is that it is spreadable and can be used to a good extent if planned and targeted at a group. Its supposed to be good for groups but balancing it would be to make it do less damage or reduce the amount of fire time if proc'd on others. Talking about stats, yes, its amazingly good close range but trying to shoot it down a hall towards a person is hard due to the bad accuracy, stability, and the fire ring doesn't just go straight since the stability sucks. Having a djinn crystal usually saves me but that isn't the gun.
rude tbqh  Angel
Find

honestly bump it up to experts+
doesnt really add up to be put with enigma

- That Thrakos Noob

changing tiered items just before crafting release is semi dumb.

We gotta see what crafting does to the meta before changing stuff like this, especially since this can't be crafted with.'

Who knows, this may be semi-tame in comparison.
Find