Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

New rules discussions(v3?)

(01-23-2019, 05:15 PM)Brassx Wrote:  Only because you can literally get away with killing a detective in most situations and not even have to hide the body or dispose of it. I'm sure you remember the times where that was actually NEEDED. No one bothers doing it because the rules support a playstyle where pretty much any info on bodies is ultimately useless to everyone but people who have DNA scanners, or unless you directly see it happen. You just said so yourself.

These old items were not always useless, and I've used them so much. You used to HAVE to be sneaky. You simply don't have to be like that anymore. Everyone used to use flareguns to burn bodies, it was a normal thing.

If anything, I think our current rules/mindsets hurt new players more than these new ones would (these new ones aren't new, they are rules from an older era of TTT), because most other servers allow more logical rules than we do. They come here, use logic, get slain for it and end up leaving most likely.

I'm not trying to stop the sweaty mindset, that's been a thing since before the term 'sweaty' was used to describe it. I'm trying to make the game more than 'sitting duck' simulator for innocents, and make traitors have to use more than blink + M1 to get away with stuff.

To be honest being able to kill a detective and get away with it is more about skill/weapons than any rules making it so. Logically speaking the most simple and effective way for traitors to deal with any problem is killing it which aligns with the goal of eliminating all innocents.
You tend to die so fast that identifying a body makes you an easy target and even taking a second to consider the importance of some information on a body is a waste of time since you'd already be dead. In fact the only way I find it acceptable to make myself a target like that is if the traitors AREN'T doing their job and killing everyone at which point it's 2 minutes into one round and everyone already dead is shouting at a mod to warn the remaining T's for delaying.
That's genuinely TTT in 2018/19 exaggerated a bit.

Traitors dont use flare guns, they camp nearby bodies they killed and wait for the message that someone IDed it and kill them.
Flare guns tend to not get used since that's an easy way to give any innocents a big indicator that a traitor very close just lit a body on fire. It doesn't help that it takes 10 seconds for a body to disappear and leaves burn marks on the floor.

I could go on trying to explain each item and what people do or don't use them for but from what I understand it's not about the info on bodies usability or rules and more about a playerbase full of TTT veterans with years of playing and generally knowing the gamemode
Find

Messages In This Thread
New rules discussions(v3?) - Brassx - 01-23-2019, 06:42 AM
RE: New rules discussions(v3?) - Terran - 01-23-2019, 09:39 AM
RE: New rules discussions(v3?) - Unpoke - 01-23-2019, 03:57 PM
RE: New rules discussions(v3?) - Brassx - 01-23-2019, 04:21 PM
RE: New rules discussions(v3?) - Kuro - 01-23-2019, 05:07 PM
RE: New rules discussions(v3?) - Brassx - 01-23-2019, 05:15 PM
RE: New rules discussions(v3?) - Kuro - 01-24-2019, 01:48 AM
RE: New rules discussions(v3?) - Dreadark - 01-24-2019, 02:27 AM
RE: New rules discussions(v3?) - Terran - 01-23-2019, 08:07 PM
RE: New rules discussions(v3?) - Dreadark - 01-24-2019, 12:40 AM