Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[change] giveaway system

although im nearly certain some thread has been made about this before, i really dont care to look for it.

anyways the main issue i have is the fact that prims worth like -5k are able to be put in there and take hours (probably days lol idk) to be dropped. it's really kind of pointless.

can we make it so either A) the likelihood of a prim being successfully rolled is reduced faster or starts at a lower number or B) make it so suffixless, traitless prims (also maybe removing fishingrods in general because who the hell wants that) cannot be added into the giveaway?

also inb4 "omg jeffrey its free stuff why do you even care what the frck bro?"

no you stupid idiot. firstly, the likelihood of an item in the giveaway to be rolled in the first place is like 1 in 1000 and the likelihood that it is rolled to YOU is probably 1 in 20, total chance being around 1 in 20k for you to actually get shit on any given round - if we assume 12 rounds take place in an hour, then you have a 6% chance of getting an item worth 3k for every hour you play through this system. 16 hours of gameplay for a 3k item? HAHAHA what fucking blasphemy!

secondly, this issue spans to more than just a rich player's bitching - if the items in the giveaway were actually enticing, perhaps new players would see it and be like "woah dude i have a chance at THAT THING? let's keep playing.."

this concludes my idea please support it and send it to your friends

My meatballers are 100k plus u dumbo

sounds great in theory but in practice, theres no real way to determine a set value for prims and even if we excluded more things the giveaway would get empty pretty fast

- That Thrakos Noob
Find

well the stuff in the giveaway is put in there by players, theres no way to make it always "good" stuff in there. Not many people are willing to just throw their cool godlikes or godlikes in general in there.
Find

(12-22-2018, 03:22 AM)Alex Summers Wrote:  well the stuff in the giveaway is put in there by players, theres no way to make it always "good" stuff in there. Not many people are willing to just throw their cool godlikes or godlikes in general in there.

I don't think the giveaway has to constantly be stacked to the brim. I'd rather 2-3 godlikes in the giveaway and nothing else than 15 meatballers and nothing else. I think some more prims should just be disabled from being put in the giveaway honestly. I think more people would donate their godlikes into the giveaway if it wasn't constantly crammed by absolute garbage. It would kinda make it more special that ur doing something for the community. At least to me anyways. Plus let's be honest, is a 35k godlike really worth holding onto for half the players anyways.

+1 enchantable should make suggestions more often
Find

i donater accelrated rod because jerome my name for tier
you will get it and u will like it
Find

(12-22-2018, 04:48 AM)Dreadark Wrote:  
(12-22-2018, 03:22 AM)Alex Summers Wrote:  well the stuff in the giveaway is put in there by players, theres no way to make it always "good" stuff in there. Not many people are willing to just throw their cool godlikes or godlikes in general in there.

I don't think the giveaway has to constantly be stacked to the brim. I'd rather 2-3 godlikes in the giveaway and nothing else than 15 meatballers and nothing else. I think some more prims should just be disabled from being put in the giveaway honestly. I think more people would donate their godlikes into the giveaway if it wasn't constantly crammed by absolute garbage. It would kinda make it more special that ur doing something for the community. At least to me anyways. Plus let's be honest, is a 35k godlike really worth holding onto for half the players anyways.

making more prims not able to be put in the giveaway wouldnt make people more willing to put godlikes in the giveaway. unless its a fairly rich person, the majority of people would rather keep their godlike than give it away to a random person. and even rich people arent always wanting to do that either.
if you exclude more prims, its just gonna cause the giveaway to be empty half the time instead of a free item rolling as you passively play ttt.

now one thing i would suggest is a monthly/bi-weekly random godlike added to the giveaway, automatically pushed to the front of the queue. this would keep the giveaway interesting for people without having to rely on people being super generous.
Find

This could be easily solved if meatballer was a legendary tier

I actually really like what Alex said.
Just please dont let godlikes be discoverable through giveaways like the blackdeath. IMO that’s just a bit silly, but what do i know.
When a dragon round begins.

Find

(12-22-2018, 05:27 AM)Alex Summers Wrote:  
(12-22-2018, 04:48 AM)Dreadark Wrote:  
(12-22-2018, 03:22 AM)Alex Summers Wrote:  well the stuff in the giveaway is put in there by players, theres no way to make it always "good" stuff in there. Not many people are willing to just throw their cool godlikes or godlikes in general in there.

making more prims not able to be put in the giveaway wouldnt make people more willing to put godlikes in the giveaway. unless its a fairly rich person, the majority of people would rather keep their godlike than give it away to a random person. and even rich people arent always wanting to do that either.
if you exclude more prims, its just gonna cause the giveaway to be empty half the time instead of a free item rolling as you passively play ttt.

now one thing i would suggest is a monthly/bi-weekly random godlike added to the giveaway, automatically pushed to the front of the queue. this would keep the giveaway interesting for people without having to rely on people being super generous.

Eh. I don't like the idea of scheduled artificially added godlikes into the system.
And don't you get rep for donating godlikes? I just think that right now the idea is to cram as many shitty prims into the giveaway as a meme (somewhat) and I don't think that's how the giveaway system should be used.
Find