Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Proposed Vitalty Crystal/Djinn Crystal reworks

Vitality crystals, instead of just boosting max health which feels counterpart to the whole point of how crystals were made, should have a different effect. Djinn crystals are just a pure DPS boost with an added, extremely powerful effect. Proposal:

Vitality Crystals will passively "regen" health to the wearer when out of combat (haven't damaged someone/been damaged for, say, 10 seconds) to 60-80 health (depending on the crystal). Regen rates could vary, not sure what'd be a good choice.

Djinn Crystals would have a chance upon taking damage to "counter" with a djinn ball. It'd move much faster than the current ones, and would do the same damage, but would not provide heals. This would be more balanced as it'd be a more defensive effect rather than what it currently is (A flat DPS boost.)

Alternate Proposal:

Vitality and Djinn crystals would NOT be able to be used in a Crystal Synergizer. People would have to choose between the combo effect of two "Weaker" crystals, or the benefit of one "powerful" crystal. Possibly this could be excluded for events.

The amount of flak I'll get for this will be ginormous, but I stand by my point. I do not think these crystals are fair in -ANY- way.

Vitality crystals are the single least fun thing for me to deal with on the server as a player coming back. Oh boy every third person I fight takes 30% longer to kill before body armor is even in the equation.

It's the one thing ntg had that I was glad frg never had until it got added. It's unarguably the single best crystal in all situations outside of the djinn crystal, but that at least has downsides with being so powerful.

I don't really care what particular fix gets done, but as a returning player they are the antithesis of fun as just a crutch item everyone and their mom needs to use now to have a fair playing field.
Find

fuck vitality, just outright remove them plz
Find

I've been making this point since they came out:
I think as TTT gets stronger and its easier to acquire better weapons, the boosted HP is something that will inevitably come so long as the progression of "fun" deliberates to an item being more OP.
However, I do believe that the crystals gave a more than intended effect.

I've always said that they should boost 10-15 HP. Thats enough to substantiate using the crystal, as it gives you an extra hit for event bosses to survive as well as the extra survivability in TTT, without making it so you have a flat out advantage over anyone who doesnt have one.

And as for the Djinn crystal, I personally believe it should have a more unique effect, though given how /many/ there are now, I think the most you could expect from it now is a slight nerf, such as having each ball do 15 damage and healing for 10.
(though I dont even believe it's necessary, the only thing I believe that the djinns at this point sponsor is combo weapons, which I love. And because of that I dont believe they should be changed, but rather it should be used to show how combos/ synergies are great and should be endorsed as new items get added)
When a dragon round begins.

Find

Maybe the weaker the gun you use, the stronger the Djinn crystal is somehow.

christ lol

- That Thrakos Noob

(11-23-2018, 08:53 PM)Unpoke Wrote:  christ lol
Find

-1 it is fine as it is

(11-23-2018, 09:04 PM)MicroBoss Wrote:  -1 it is fine as it is

That's because ur bad at games

Vitality Crystal: It is literally doing it's job. You're sacrificing a crystal slot for survivability. -1 on that

Djinn Crystal: 100% I bought one cause it is so overtune and overpowered. Like the amount of kills that I didn't deserve just from the crystal is absurd. Also the heal, I had plenty of kills that I should have lost cause I have under 20% then jump up to 50%. Personal opinion, it doesn't need the healing. A perma-mage instant damage proc is more than enough for the Djinn crystal. Any nerf is welcomed. +1
Find