Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

the leveling up of t/d items

The entire inventory is progression. This would only extend progression into the base TTT gamemode also. Not as big as issue as terran makes it out to be, Don't be afraid of change young sperglord.
"Closest thing I have had to alcohol is chocolate milk... Don't quote me on that!"
"Please somebody use this as a signature to remember this day."-Catbug
Find

I actually wanted to recommend something new for Traitors/ Detectives, but this could be what we need.
The T's/ Det's need something past just their own inventory to be able to win. Like for traitors, as Brassx has said they need an advantage to kill a lot of players, and currently thats being done through all our strict rules on KOSes.

I really, really like this idea. Y'all talk about not upgrading the weapons themselves but why wouldnt we? Doesnt have to be anything insane, but enough so that those weapons can do more for the traitor.

For example, i ALWAYS use a flare gun with my rifles. So much so people see a burned body and put susp on me. But wth that, the flare gun has issues such as innacuracy, slow firerate, etc. So if by using the flare gun so much it got perks like "has 5 bullets instead of 4", "Has more accuracy", and ultimately "burned bodies have a 33% chance to not char the ground/ bodies burn faster", that would be really neat IMO.

So just tie this to other t items, like allowing a max leveled knife to 1-shot someone NOT justt from backstab/ throw, I personally would have a lot more fun with my T and Det rounds.
When a dragon round begins.

Terran Wrote:Why does TTT have to become as far from TTT as possible?

Great way to kill a server. I can get that innovation is necessary, but maybe its better to let the decade-old game-mode die maybe.

That applies to games, not really custom servers based around game modes. In games, messing around with the classic base game-loop/game style is typically not a super good thing to do, especially for hardcore fans. But, when there's 1000's of other servers, you have to make yours unique if you want to gain players and keep them around. We have competing servers, and must do new things if we want to keep up, even a little bit. Doesn't matter if we had all of this stuff before a lot of them.

(06-26-2018, 04:17 PM)Terran Wrote:  no, i think the death is slow but sure, and trying to keep it alive via means like this is akin to patching up a bleeding would with bandaids instead of switching to something better medically.

The only reason people would want "T/D" items to be "Better" is because the game mode is too unbalanced due to the inventory system.

Well it is a bit unbalanced, but a lot of our players are skilled, seasoned TTT players. That also makes it hard for people not as skilled to do anything. There's plenty of servers that have better T/D items(1 hit Knife, OP Jihad, shall I go on?) without an Inv system. Every other inv server I know of has absurdly OP weapons compared to us, and people enjoy using some of them OP weapons. Simply because it makes them feel like they are better. It appeals to a more casual base, which is both good and bad.

The main reason I brought it up, is because progression, and goals to work for are GOOD. I can't always just do updates to the Inventory System or related to it to Innovate. That's our main feature, yes, but TTT gets extremely stale, no matter what changes you make to the Inventory. Game changing TTT changes are needed every now and again, in some form or another.

At this point I've been with FRG LONGER than I was with NTG. NTG never needed TTT Innovation more than it had, because most of the things I did there were already Innovations, but I did A LOT of cool stuff there, those things are now on ~4 different servers, and are no longer unique concepts on TTT. (Minigames, boss fights, trading, drops, crates, etc)

Worst case(as with any update), I simply remove the addition or change it due to people not liking what it does.
Find

I feel like the main reason we don't have anything brokenly bullshit is due to you fixing it with community input (i.e the harpoon...which I totally still think is OP). If you think it'll be good for the server, by all means, but I feel like its the sort of "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" change. Who knows? Maybe it could be better. Or not. TTT never got stale for me, but I'm probably en exception; I have around 4,000 of my hours in Gmod on just TTT alone. When its put this vaguely, though, all I can think of is the future WILL be "one-hit knives, OP jihad". I'd be all down for more variety in T/D items (Especially on the Det side), but if it flumps up the gameplay...People don't use T weapons aside from the obvious choices too often. Even the AWP gets ignored nowadays. I could totally see buffs to guns like the Silenced Pistol.

I suppose you could think of a perk-tree for Traitor, Detective and Innocent. The idea wouldn't be just linear "It is better", but subtle changes. I.E:
(of course, you'd pick one or the other)

Silenced Pistol leaves no DNA/Applies a toxin that drains MaxHP
Knife will temporarily make you invisible upon a kill/You can leap with a knife out for momentum.
Bear traps apply a tracking signal to the target, highlighting them through walls/Permanently slow the player by a specific amount.
Turtle Grenades have doubled Turtles, and Turtles have no hitboxes, but they can't leave their spawn area/Every time a turtle damages someone, it heals you for that damage.
Remote bombs have as chance to switch to a nearby target after exploding, basically "Spreading"/Area of effect is quadrupled, but instead of damage, applies a stun/confuse effect.
Teleporters teleports you instantly, but only has a few charges/A dropped teleporter used by a non-Traitor will result in them taking heavy damage.
Melon Launcher has a small splash AOE effect/Spawns a few turtles upon landing.
AWP one-hit kills anywhere, even limbs/AWP is entirely silenced.
Firebombs give you 1 credit upon a rightful kill/Firebombs explode upon contact (Impact grenade).
Energy Sword is now a one-hit kill, but you cannot switch weapons/Energy sword will leave you slightly cloaked while holding it out.
Barnacles can apply random DoT suffixes to those they hit/Barnacles lift and, subsequently, damage targets twice as fast.
Grapple Hook has unlimited uses and increased movement speed(*)/Grapple hook can pull yourself towards people, eliminating fall damage while you do so. (Reverse scorpion spear?)
Scorpion Spear will "auto-aim" onto targets slightly/Will fire and reel 2x as fast.
Body Armor provides double the protection, but you can no longer aim down sights/Body armor can leave you at 1HP after taking a lethal head-shot (once).
Radar updates three times as fast/Radar has a more limited range, but provides "heat" signatures of players behind walls.
UMP Prototype causes targets crosshairs to mosey around the screen slightly/Clouds vision of the player damaged.
Big energy shield thing whatever it was called becomes toggleable with a charge meter/Is invincible with half the duration, but the Detective can go in and out.

Those sorts of things are kinda similar, but from what I read in this thread, and what I garnered, the idea is "Knife is 15% more damage!". Of course, that's ENTIRELY my own selfish theorizing, but, I feel the point stands. The problem is, of course, its still just "Making things better". I'm sure others would have way better ideas than my hastily-thought up stuff, but if you give something a buff, it should also play weaker in an area, unless its not really a significant change.

*this should be done anyways tbh, everybody uses blink over the grapple hook anyways.

edit: please help i can't stop typing out shitty ideas
Find

Quote:The main reason I brought it up, is because progression

Progression is probably my favorite, it allows the player to work towards something for the reward. good examples is the crate PROGRESSION (it's in the name...), and achievements.
I made a thread a while ago about a "event book", like in csgo's operations. It requires you to complete missions and such to get a higher tier op. coin, and other bonuses, thats another type of progression I like as well, Call of Duty Multiplayer is another example

(06-26-2018, 09:51 PM)Terran Wrote:  I suppose you could think of a perk-tree for Traitor, Detective and Innocent. The idea wouldn't be just linear "It is better", but subtle changes. I.E:

Perk tree would actually be very nice.
Find

My idea would be something like an upgrade for current items. You get an option in the credit shop if you own the item, say a radar for example. There's the Radar and next to it would be a blacked out "Radar+" or "Radar2" that you can buy as an upgrade that would cost another credit. It would update your radar substantially faster than just one credit.

You could do this for many items like the comm jammer going to an EMP which would block use of all misc items or grapple hooks not running out of grapples.

These upgrades could even be locked to certain levels or achievements before being able to purchase them.

I think this idea could allow people to specialize in more intricate ways than the standard way.(buy somebody armor, a radar, and shoot everyone)
Find

Fire Extinguisher to remove fire bombs Smile
Bouncy Rounds
Find

Or how about an entirely new idea. Suddenly lobby denizens find a pedestal suddenly shows up, pressing E on it shows 2 differently coloured series of sockets. (D/T)
Gems which alter items based on what gem was placed into it. (not all would work)

(Example of usages of each gem/names of gem)

Corruption
Traitor Station: Does heal 20hp, after that it blows up, looks and behaves like a real hp station.
Health Station: No longer gives health, but it gives "armor" which stacks to a preset limit above life(second hp bar)
Flare Gun: Bodies can be lit on fire for an ignite debuff for anyone who touches the body.

Lethality:
C4: Range gets smaller but damage is increased.
Tranq pistol: grants contagion to the victim once asleep
Remote Mine: Becomes a Proximity mine.

Artificial:
OBC: Able to summon a less powerful but guideable laser.
Radar: Cant see people up close on the radar, but you get real time tracking for players far from you.
Cloaking: Ability to echo your body and place a false version of you. (you are unable to cloak but you hold the item as if you were cloaked.)

Aegis:
Body Armor: Allows 1 lethal headshot to occur leaving you at 1hp.
shield: The user wraps a barrier around their person, Unable to shoot outside of it, unable to be shot. But still able to move.
Visualizer: becomes attached to the detectives body.
"Closest thing I have had to alcohol is chocolate milk... Don't quote me on that!"
"Please somebody use this as a signature to remember this day."-Catbug
Find