Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

the leveling up of t/d items

I was inspired to make this thread by this thought, I want to try and give ideas as to how a leveling up system would work on certain detective and traitor items.

How would it look?

So maybe to upgrade equipment you can open up a new gui, listing all of the traitor and detective items. You can select a equipment that can be leveled up.
Maybe when a item has a few levels it shows like "+X" or some sort, and when it is maxed, there is a gold border around it?

How would I level it up

What I think is that each equipment is leveled up differently, by how you use it. For a basic outline of what it could be, for the knife you need to get kills, simple as that, maybe with the plasmanet, you just have to hit players. You can also get creative with it, like maybe backstab kills, or kill a player by pushing them off the ledge with the newton. it's ultimately up to you to think how to level a equipment up.

What stats/perks do I get?

Personally, I'm not a fan of enhancing weapons, it seems kinda boring to level up 2% of a weapon's damage. Of course, having a whole systems of elaborate perks would take a long time to make.
Maybe 5 levels per equipment? I cant think of the best way to level up a equipment, because each one would have to be very unique.

These are just my thoughts, please share some also.
Find

I'm just going to steal your format, dontmindme.

How would it look?

I think you hit the nail on the head Black Parade.

How would I level up?

I would expect for the first couple levels to be basic stuff you're meant to do. I would like to see some cool and interesting ways to get to the later levels. Like in League of Legends, where you have to get an S- and an S to get the highest tiers. But I would like it to be a somewhat common thing to do, not like jumping to your death knife throw kill. I don't want to see/do anything that is out of character of the roll.

Traitor
Burning X bodies with the one Fire Bomb.
Getting X kills within X seconds after Blinking.
Stay Disguised for X time. (*cough* alex, kuro *cough*)
With the Remote Mine, get a kill after it has been set for X of time.

Detective
After using the Traitor Tester Gun on an innocent, have that innocent live the round.
With Moon Boots, negate XXX fall damage.
Have no pings from the Radar.

What stats/perks do I get?

The perks shouldn't impact the game in my opinion. I think they should just be little perks that will add up while playing the game normally.

Bag and Tag- If you win the round as Traitor, get 1/2/3% more gold.

Special Training- If you win with the round with detective, you get .5/1/1.5% on the enhanceable gun you used.

These are just examples of how small I think they should be.
Find

(06-26-2018, 08:41 AM)Beebee1303 Wrote:  I'm just going to steal your format, dontmindme.

How would it look?

I think you hit the nail on the head Black Parade.
I’m not that bright.....anyways

Quote:What stats/perks do I get?

The perks shouldn't impact the game in my opinion. I think they should just be little perks that will add up while playing the game normally.

Bag and Tag- If you win the round as Traitor, get 1/2/3% more gold.

Special Training- If you win with the round with detective, you get .5/1/1.5% on the enhanceable gun you used.

These are just examples of how small I think they should be.

Maybe these perks can be something entirely different, maybe you get xp for doing traitorous/detective things. You level up and you can select a certain perk, and as you level up you can keep increasing it.

I still think some equipment should get various perks and such upon leveling it up.
Find

Jihad perk 10
causes everyone blown up to have their heads blown off with the Grunt Party effect from halo 3
Umpty Dumpty
Find

Why does TTT have to become as far from TTT as possible?

Great way to kill a server. I can get that innovation is necessary, but maybe its better to let the decade-old game-mode die maybe.

(06-26-2018, 02:22 PM)Terran Wrote:  Why does TTT have to become as far from TTT as possible?

Great way to kill a server. I can get that innovation is necessary, but maybe its better to let the decade-old game-mode die maybe.

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????​??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

- That Thrakos Noob
Find

(06-26-2018, 02:22 PM)Terran Wrote:  Why does TTT have to become as far from TTT as possible?

I don't understand why we HAVE to be like other TTT servers. We already have our own unique gimmicks in FRG so why not more?
Find

WHA- YOU HONESTLY THINK THAT WOULD KILL A SERVER???

?????????¿?¿¿¿???¿¿????¿????¿
Find

no, i think the death is slow but sure, and trying to keep it alive via means like this is akin to patching up a bleeding would with bandaids instead of switching to something better medically.

The only reason people would want "T/D" items to be "Better" is because the game mode is too unbalanced due to the inventory system.
Find

Giving more of a reason for people to try more while being detective instead of fucking around (which 85% or more do) is not be coming farther away from TRY. Frg already stands out as an inventory server with minigames, a lobby server with lots of shit to do and soon to be realms yet frg is still here.

TTT is not dead nor will it die in a while at all, it's too popular and simple to play and enjoy, there's a reason why there is 500+ servers and it's built into garrys mod.
Find