Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

this economy is fucked

Inventory Wipe everything.
Bouncy Rounds
Find

(03-25-2018, 10:58 PM)Terran Wrote:  The rise in price still doesn't match the inflation. Also, nobody would pay over 10k for a railgun. I had to do my damndest to sell mine for 8k.

Crates, Keys and Quests should not give coins. Only boss fights and end round drops should give coins. Yes.

Oh yes, boss fights has best loots.
Find

You're comparing coin amounts now to how they used to be way back when. Things have changed, 1k coins is no longer a lot of coins. Is that a bad thing? Not really. We had to adjust because people stopped wanting to do events, stopped wanting to open crates, and instead just held their coins. Simple as that really. Crates are the backbone of everything, without people opening them, there's no reason to go for coins in the end anyways.

I don't think there's a huge problem, though(You're acting like his net expenses is his net worth, it's not the same thing. He would not have 6 million coins at one time). It's perfectly normal for the 'average' coin amount to increase in just about any online game with an economy.  Like stated already before several times, coins became useless for quite sometime, because of lack of things to spend them on that were deemed 'worth it', with coins easier to come by, people are more likely to just spend them, and not hold on to them like their lives depend on them.

Quote:I don't really feel like the economy has changed too much since mid 2016 personally, if anything it's just that godlikes seem to be exponentially easier to get than before. I remember only a couple godlikes dropping a month, and now its like that daily. I'm not sure if that has much to do with how screwed the economy is, but at this point the only things of value are the extremely powerful weapons such as godlikes.

Crates have been redone to use new systems which insures godlikes are a fixed drop chance(old methods had a variable rarity for each godlike basically). The thing is though, people open much more crates in greater quantities now compared to then. People didn't quite open the same amount in the same duration back in 2016, it was just harder to do. (No crate perks, no auto-opening system, more expensive crates, not as many ways to gain crates and/or coins, etc).

Again, it's extremely common for lower-tier'd items to be somewhat worthless in game. Aside from  me setting a 'standard price' on them, there's not much you can do to combat that, thus why we have crystals/keys. They give some minor worth to these , otherwise you'd never see any items sold on the market if they were 'truly worthless'.

It's also not entirely fair that you're basing your judgement off of seemingly one person.

All that being said though, as I've stated in my "Economy Update" outline, all crates are going to have coin amounts re-balanced in that update (meaning fewer coins). That will help slow down the crate 'roll streaks'.

Some statistics:

Quote:Total coins:2,730,988 in 412
Average:6,628.6116504854

This is the average coin amount of players who have played in the last month for an hour or more. It's increased quite a bit, but that's to be expected.

Fun fact, You seem to think he actually spent 2.7m coins. When in reality you didn't factor in coin return. You see, The coin return on hellfires is on average 35-40%, Factor in crate doubling (1/25 chance), Crate buy 5 get 1 free perk, and and 1/12 "crate save". I would guess he has spent only near a mil, With most of these coins from existing items being sold.

Quote:Total coins:2,730,988 in 412
Average:6,628.6116504854

This is the average coin amount of players who have played in the last month for an hour or more. It's increased quite a bit, but that's to be expected.
[/quote]

Bri holding over a third of these aswell, only about 1.7m circulating.

Has Bri played an hour in the last month though?
Find

(03-26-2018, 12:48 AM)Jake1o Wrote:  Has Bri played an hour in the last month though?

If he doesn't play and doesn't spend his money he doesn't really count though. its basically like those coins aren't even in the economy if that's the case.
Find

This is an interesting thread. Was going to make a long reply about what is really happening, but Brass essentially hit the nail on the head with everything that he said. I can attest that I've given literally hundreds of thousands of coins to Ban over the past couple of months. Within our group, we have a system where he gets all the bone crates that drop when we do events, and we occasionally feed him coins to open additional crates. In kind, I receive all of the leviathan and seraph crates, and others receive their respective crates (which give a large amount of legendaries, which I turn into coins, which I usually give to Ban, along with the other players in our group.) Given the coin return on Bone Crates, Misery Crates, the perks, the fact that we have about four people constantly feeding him coins, the selling of the godlikes that he gets to other players for more coins, and his donation amount which is (at the very least) in the hundreds, it's not surprising he's been able to open a fair amount of crates in a short period of time.

Think of him as the progress of five players doing all meaningful events almost every day for months. That's why he's so rich.
Find

Ez Oracle and djinn crystal kappa