Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

this economy is fucked

this ban the unbanned bandit banana bandana dude has opened over 10,000 Hellfire crates...

so around 2.7 million coins.
not only that, but, like, over 16000 bone crates (which comes out to around 6.4 million coins, except for, you know, the fact they gave an infinite loop of coins and accessories back and people exploited it to open them forever without reporting it), over 3000 CC2's (840,000?) and a shitload more of other crates added up

and you're telling me people STILL have coins? What the fuck? How did it get this bad mateys? I haven't had 2.7 million coins in my ENTIRE TIME ON FRG, and I was literally the most active player for years! Crates used to be a coin sink, something that was cool to dump into because you wanted a fun gun to play with. Jesus christ. This is ridiculous.

I can go on and in one day get over 10,000 coins. That's nuts. This is fucked. This is ONE GUY, too.

2,700,000 in just hellfire crates. That's dumb. That is dumb.
Broken economy. Wipe the slate. PURGE EVERYTHING

I do agree the economy is kinda weird in my eyes. I truly have no idea how so many people have so many coins and shit. I saved for months to get 100k and am at 50k after opening crates but yet people have opened thousands and thousands of crates and still don't appear to be any less rich but then again I can't see the stats like Brass can so maybe i'm just making assumptions. Could be from when bone crates were broken. Or could just be that that's how capitalism works and the smart people rise to the top. Liked the last 2 crates though. It has been a boom for the server.
Find

The economy is broken and has been for a long time. Your way of getting your point across needs some work though.
Find

You’re all apart of FRG beta, inventory wipes coming the first of next month with the Easter update Smile hurray for FRGs opening

- That Thrakos Noob

Ban is the outlier of the community. No one else has amount of crates opened like him.

Perhaps you want to know how he was able to do this? Ban has his own luck with obtaining godlikes and such. He sold rare ones he had and got a few hundreds of thousands of coins from doing so. Do you know how much money Ban has donated? Yeah, I don't know because it at least has to be somewhere possibly in the thousands. Those donator spins are no joke and can introduce lots of coins that were obtained from those crates if you purely wanted to get coins from donating. I can't personally see myself ever spending rubies on crates due to the better crates being about a dollar to open, but that doesn't mean anyone else doesn't have that desire.

Not only that, but you realize that he has his own group of friends helping him obtain those crates?

Yeah, the economy is sort of out of wack, but it doesn't matter at the moment because everyone is spending their coins on Cresent Case 2, Hellfire crates and soon to be Easter eggs. It will eventually get back to everyone storing, but at the moment it's going well. More common godlikes (and some uncommon ones) and now primordials are going down because no one has a safe amount of coins.

Now when he opened bone crates, this is when Item crates and Bone crates were excellent due to the crate perks. Kuro did tell Brass that he might want to look into how well this was going to work with these two crates (or at least this is what Kuro told me). Ban used this and spent whatever coins he had on these crates and eventually used them all. Pretty sure any coins he had before Hellfires were spent on Cresent Case 2 so it's more obvious that it was most likely rubies from donating that got him this far.
Find

Oy, mate, I've donated over a thousand dollars in my time and I don't have anything like that. That's a reasonable assumption, but we're still talking 3 million + coins. That shit didn't exist for the first few years of FRG. I mean, it took me a year and a half to save up 100,000 coins after the FRG open beta ended. Now, 100,000 coins can be earned in a week. There's a HUGE difference.

I don't really feel like the economy has changed too much since mid 2016 personally, if anything it's just that godlikes seem to be exponentially easier to get than before. I remember only a couple godlikes dropping a month, and now its like that daily. I'm not sure if that has much to do with how screwed the economy is, but at this point the only things of value are the extremely powerful weapons such as godlikes.

godlikes aint even special anymore bc everyone seems to have one whether its a "cheap" one like a railgun, or something else

Not sure how it could be fixed, but there's definitely something that needs to be done to help the economy...
Find

There's already an update planned to help straighten out the economy, but like what TJ said, Ban is an outlier. He's sold a lot of stuff just to open all those crates and members of his little group also contribute a lot and help him open.

refer to: http://forerunnergaming.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=6174
Find

I've been um blowing some money lately and its incredibly unlikely that he's donating to keep up the amount of crates he's rolling, I'm just saying.
Find

(03-25-2018, 09:30 PM)Terran Wrote:  Oy, mate, I've donated over a thousand dollars in my time and I don't have anything like that. That's a reasonable assumption, but we're still talking 3 million + coins. That shit didn't exist for the first few years of FRG. I mean, it took me a year and a half to save up 100,000 coins after the FRG open beta ended. Now, 100,000 coins can be earned in a week. There's a HUGE difference.

Sure, everyone knows you donated lots. But...

Want to know why you don't have as much even though you donated as much as ban? Rubies uses have expanded. D. Crates used to be like 500 each. What a joke as they're now basically 100 each and even cheaper with VIP deals. There's also helpful runes like runes of looting (arguable for most events though) and shared fortune.

At that time, FRG didn't have lucky maps, short cooldown on events, challenge scrolls, dailies, more godlikes, good gift packages, VIP and regular hourly rewards, crate perks. Yeah coins are going to be earned in big bunches, but is that a bad thing? By the time you earn more money, godlikes are going to cost more money. It's just like real life. Not only that, but new crates are still coming out. Usually coins are just wasted on opening crates anyway.

The only thing that tips me off that it's donation crates is that Ban doesn't particularly play TTT lots anymore. He mostly does events too.