Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

FRG Economy

Alright, so right now, the economy is absolute trash. It has been for a few months now and it is constantly getting worse. Coins are barely worth anything now. I've seen even low levels like around level 5 with 30k.
It's just becoming stale. You only ever see the same few godlikes drop now, which is one of the main reasons why I supported something like the Flashback crate. The Flashback crate would keep the godlike drops interesting and would also keep the amount of coins circulating down. Honestly, the Flashback crate had tremendous support, other than a few people who wanted to stay special with their godlikes that they own, I'm surprised it hasn't been added. Unless there's something I'm missing, I see no good reason not to add that or at least something similar to it. Even with the occasional coinsinks, people still maintain their money.

A few problems:

1: With trading on FRG, you're only able to trade up so far before you hit basically a dead end, yet there's so many more things to get, but due to how the economy is and how people don't want to sell any non-droppable guns it becomes impossible and you just lose all will to try to trade up. It kills trade morality and a thriving economy.

2: Going to back to what I mentioned earlier, there's basically only the same few godlikes that drop now; Railguns, Tartarus', and Thrakos'. It's gotten to the point that when 90% of people drop one of them, they aren't even excited anymore. I personally get more excited when I drop a good primordial than I do the normal godlikes. In the last 15 pages of the shoutbox, there have been 8 Railguns, 6 Thrakos', 4 Tartarus', 1 Eleos, 1 Rune of Ultimate Reconstruction, and 1 Mask of Bazzalth.

Ideas:

1: Remove Railguns, Tartarus', and Thrakos' for the time being. They're about the only godlikes that ever drop now. Replace them with older godlikes progressively, obviously being more rare than those godlikes. It would be nice to see some diversity in the godlike drops.

2: Implement something along the lines of the Flashback crate, it would be more interesting to actually see some diversity in the godlike drops and it could help keep the coin amounts down. There's even people who own the older godlikes who support the guns coming back. I know there's a few people with those older godlikes who want to stay unique, but there's so many people who want one and like mentioned above, NOBODY wants to trade them.

But yeah, the economy is just really bad right now and it's only getting worse. Something should be done about these things. There's honestly probably even more problems than I've listed that I can't think of right now.

If something were done about this, like I said, add some old godlikes back in one way or another, I feel like it would bring back a lot of old players, with a new spark of interest in the server now that they are able to get those guns.

Nope Hike up all the prices increase drop chances
Minehuis: Pancakes
Rangerdanger0: Waffles
Rangerdanger0: lol rekt

(12-02-2017, 09:11 PM)Minehuis Wrote:  Nope Hike up all the prices increase drop chances

is that even a sentence?
Find

I believe Tobias’ work on the recent crates has helped the economy as a coin sink and as long as he’s willing to continue helping with crates in the future (and potentially more often w/ item crate 3 or crescent crate 2) and the top off with the “extinct” addition, there will be serious improvements.

- That Thrakos Noob
Find

(12-02-2017, 09:28 PM)Unpoke Wrote:  I believe Tobias’ work on the recent crates has helped the economy as a coin sink and as long as he’s willing to continue helping with crates in the future (and potentially more often w/ item crate 3 or crescent crate 2) and the top off with the “extinct” addition, there will be serious improvements.

The only reason it worked is because people want the godlike from a crate that's not going to be here for long. We also know that both previous crate's godlike is retardedly rare and extremely valuable. We all know that the crate is absolutely terrible to buy. People are already refusing to sell their oracles, but it makes sense though. It's only going to get more valuable later.

Not only that, but the crate couldn't be obtained in any other way other than spending coins. If Item Crate 3 and Cresent Crate 2 are going to be able to be obtained naturally, then there's less need to buy them since they'll be common to get.
Find

Before I even read this wall of text,

(12-02-2017, 08:54 PM)Alex Summers Wrote:  Alright, so right now, the economy is absolute trash. It has been for a few months now and it is constantly getting worse.

A few months. LOL

(12-02-2017, 10:01 PM)Jake1o Wrote:  Before I even read this wall of text,

(12-02-2017, 08:54 PM)Alex Summers Wrote:  Alright, so right now, the economy is absolute trash. It has been for a few months now and it is constantly getting worse.

A few months. LOL

A few months, or aka like almost a year lol
Find

Make an alternative to coins that is only obtainable through playing, special events and questing. Think Forerunner Fragments, but trade-able with people.

I.E: If you're over 1,000 Karma, you'd get X every XX minutes. If you're under 1000, you get less, but still some. Give a reason to create new quests/fetch missions/etc.

Then, bring back cool old stuff in new special crates that can only be purchased with this special currency. Boom bada bing, done. Coins will still have a use, but now its simply time that equates how much of this currency you get, rather than luck. Also, going AFK even once/spectator will reset your timer to get your drop. To punish anyone who even DARES to try and idle.

Have, like, bonus weekends where you can get 2x the amount of stuffs for playing.

Name them Shards or something. Prismatic Shards...whatever sounds fancy. They should be more reasonably managed than coins, too; there literally CAN'T be inflation because they're gained at a steady, slow-ish rate.
Find

(12-02-2017, 09:48 PM)TJ1524 Wrote:  
(12-02-2017, 09:28 PM)Unpoke Wrote:  I believe Tobias’ work on the recent crates has helped the economy as a coin sink and as long as he’s willing to continue helping with crates in the future (and potentially more often w/ item crate 3 or crescent crate 2) and the top off with the “extinct” addition, there will be serious improvements.

The only reason it worked is because people want the godlike from a crate that's not going to be here for long. We also know that both previous crate's godlike is retardedly rare and extremely valuable. We all know that the crate is absolutely terrible to buy. People are already refusing to sell their oracles, but it makes sense though. It's only going to get more valuable later.

Not only that, but the crate couldn't be obtained in any other way other than spending coins. If Item Crate 3 and Cresent Crate 2 are going to be able to be obtained naturally, then there's less need to buy them since they'll be common to get.

I agree that limited nature of the crates helped it work, but as long as there’s unique guns out there, there’s gonna be a market for it and people after it/after the best possible version of it.

- That Thrakos Noob
Find

(12-02-2017, 08:54 PM)Alex Summers Wrote:  Alright, so right now, the economy is absolute trash. It has been for a few months now and it is constantly getting worse. Coins are barely worth anything now. I've seen even low levels like around level 5 with 30k.
It's just becoming stale. You only ever see the same few godlikes drop now, which is one of the main reasons why I supported something like the Flashback crate. The Flashback crate would keep the godlike drops interesting and would also keep the amount of coins circulating down. Honestly, the Flashback crate had tremendous support, other than a few people who wanted to stay special with their godlikes that they own, I'm surprised it hasn't been added. Unless there's something I'm missing, I see no good reason not to add that or at least something similar to it. Even with the occasional coinsinks, people still maintain their money.

A few problems:

1: With trading on FRG, you're only able to trade up so far before you hit basically a dead end, yet there's so many more things to get, but due to how the economy is and how people don't want to sell any non-droppable guns it becomes impossible and you just lose all will to try to trade up. It kills trade morality and a thriving economy.

2: Going to back to what I mentioned earlier, there's basically only the same few godlikes that drop now; Railguns, Tartarus', and Thrakos'. It's gotten to the point that when 90% of people drop one of them, they aren't even excited anymore. I personally get more excited when I drop a good primordial than I do the normal godlikes. In the last 15 pages of the shoutbox, there have been 8 Railguns, 6 Thrakos', 4 Tartarus', 1 Eleos, 1 Rune of Ultimate Reconstruction, and 1 Mask of Bazzalth.

Ideas:

1: Remove Railguns, Tartarus', and Thrakos' for the time being. They're about the only godlikes that ever drop now. Replace them with older godlikes progressively, obviously being more rare than those godlikes. It would be nice to see some diversity in the godlike drops.

2: Implement something along the lines of the Flashback crate, it would be more interesting to actually see some diversity in the godlike drops and it could help keep the coin amounts down. There's even people who own the older godlikes who support the guns coming back. I know there's a few people with those older godlikes who want to stay unique, but there's so many people who want one and like mentioned above, NOBODY wants to trade them.

But yeah, the economy is just really bad right now and it's only getting worse. Something should be done about these things. There's honestly probably even more problems than I've listed that I can't think of right now.

If something were done about this, like I said, add some old godlikes back in one way or another, I feel like it would bring back a lot of old players, with a new spark of interest in the server now that they are able to get those guns.
Well,

We do have diversity, It's just people tend to get their godlikes from Keys or Item Crate's that have access to the global pool, majority of crates do not have access to said pool.

There's a reason those godlikes are more common than others - They are on the Global Drop Table, as stated above. Meaning post round, item Crate 1's, Item Crates II's, and Keys. They can be in ALL of those.

Even with the current flashback crate idea, it doesn't guarantee it will fully open up trading for those 'limited time godlikes'(though it does increase the odds for it, especially as more drop). . People want them for their collection, once they get them I don't know if I see them letting go of them unless we also find something ELSE for people to spend coins on.

As stated before, I have a godlike sink in the works that will allow us to keep these 'common godlikes' and give them a use(as well as serve as a coinsink along side it (crafting fee)), hopefully eventually reviving the godlike market.

If you don't remember, I posted here: http://forerunnergaming.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=6064 about it. These will NOT be easy to make, but they will be worth it.

What hurts the economy the most is the amount of coins coming into the system, and having nothing worthwhile to spend it on that removes coins from the game entirely (not trading, coins stay in the system when trading), not just godlikes that come into the system. So the better solution is to find something long-term to help lower that. Flashback crate would serve as a good coinsink for as long as it lasts, normal crates do as well.. But to maintain the 'prestige' of those expired items, they would be limited. So again, it's not the long-term solution we need by itself.

We may even need to remove(or lower the profit margin of) most coins from all crates you buy from the Coinshop, make events cost coins, and possibly some other things.

One more thing to help, similar to what you said, is to also just add in a new batch of global godlikes (brand new, that is), and increase the rarity of the older ones. Along side lowering profit margins for crate coin amounts, this would help a lot I imagine.

So TL;DR;

Godlike and coin sinks are on the way.

Tobias and I have thought of something really cool during my time posting this to bring back older items, and I will likely be doing it.

To help show that players were around when they were originally made, all of the existing older items will have their rarities bumped up to "Exotic", and the 'new' ones will be godlike.

EDIT:

Fuck. In retrospect, I think it would've been good if I made the crate perks cost coins to unlock once you're the right level. Something like 1k x Perk Level.

On my list currently:
  • More things to spend coins on (that remove them from the system entirely)
    • Pay x coins(~10k) to change your name color on the scoreboard (possibly with some blacklisted colors, that only certain people have access to).
    • Pay x coins to unlock a "VIP Shop Timer" that shows when the VIP shop is going to reset.
    • Reset Fragment shops - Community Effort - Deposit X amount of coins into somewhere on the lobby. Once it reaches the threshold it resets the shops. (Has a short cooldown).
      (Also rework of fragment shop to add in more custom traits to weapons found here)
    • New global drop, somewhat like a Djinn. Once obtained, it will require payment of 1 godlike + 50k coins to unlock. Once unlocked you will get ONE random 'expired' godlike from it (To help the 'originals' feel special, they will be bumped up to exotics(even if they are re-obtained now with old crates saved up), while all new ones will remain godlike)

Might be something like Season 1, Season 2, selected randomly. So  expired godlikes from the first year could be added to 'season 1', etc.
    • 3 New global godlikes (added to item crate 1, 2, Keys, post round, etc), and increase the rarity of Thrakos, Railgun, and Tartarus.
    • Possibly make Events cost coins.
    • Possibly lower profit margins for coins, from crates purchased from the coinshop.