Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

this economy is fucked

(03-25-2018, 09:33 PM)McNuggie Wrote:  I don't really feel like the economy has changed too much since mid 2016 personally, if anything it's just that godlikes seem to be exponentially easier to get than before. I remember only a couple godlikes dropping a month, and now its like that daily. I'm not sure if that has much to do with how screwed the economy is, but at this point the only things of value are the extremely powerful weapons such as godlikes.

godlikes aint even special anymore bc everyone seems to have one whether its a "cheap" one like a railgun, or something else

Not sure how it could be fixed, but there's definitely something that needs to be done to help the economy...

It's because more crates are being rolled, so better chance for godlikes (well not really better chance just eventually the number of godlikes per like 9k crates rolled should equal 1).
Find

(03-25-2018, 09:48 PM)Anthony Wrote:  
(03-25-2018, 09:33 PM)McNuggie Wrote:  I don't really feel like the economy has changed too much since mid 2016 personally, if anything it's just that godlikes seem to be exponentially easier to get than before. I remember only a couple godlikes dropping a month, and now its like that daily. I'm not sure if that has much to do with how screwed the economy is, but at this point the only things of value are the extremely powerful weapons such as godlikes.

godlikes aint even special anymore bc everyone seems to have one whether its a "cheap" one like a railgun, or something else

Not sure how it could be fixed, but there's definitely something that needs to be done to help the economy...

It's because more crates are being rolled, so better chance for godlikes (well not really better chance just eventually the number of godlikes per like 9k crates rolled should equal 1).

Also has to do with more events, keys, challenge scrolls, daily challenges, etc, theres just a lot more ways of getting items now compared to before so godlikes are dropping at a much higher rate from what I've seen

People would open thousands of crates before, but there would still be nowhere near as many godlikes dropping and flooding the economy. You used to be able to track how many of a certain godlike there were because so little dropped that they were actually rare. Only reason so many crates are being opened now compared to years back, is because as Terran said, its so easy to get coins compared to before. 10k in a day is VERY possible for someone who plays a lot due to the continuous possibilies to get coins granted by the numerous events, quests, giveaways, and things of that sort. Just like that, you have a godlike within one day of playing if you want.

It definitely does have to do with the continuous crate opening, but I still feel like the major issue with the economy is the deflation of gun values. Nothing below godlike (aside from a few special primordials) has ANY relative value, and anything WITH value seems to be continuously going down in price as more and more drop.
Find

(03-25-2018, 09:47 PM)TJ1524 Wrote:  
(03-25-2018, 09:30 PM)Terran Wrote:  Oy, mate, I've donated over a thousand dollars in my time and I don't have anything like that. That's a reasonable assumption, but we're still talking 3 million + coins. That shit didn't exist for the first few years of FRG. I mean, it took me a year and a half to save up 100,000 coins after the FRG open beta ended. Now, 100,000 coins can be earned in a week. There's a HUGE difference.

By the time you earn more money, godlikes are going to cost more money.

Except for the fact that godlikes aren't costing more money. Because they are being plunged into existence by the handful daily

(save godlikes that can no longer be dropped)

Edit: Not to mention that primordials are also falling into the void of being worthless along with legendaries and below, considering they are going for around 2-3k now for a basic one compared to 5-6k of a few months back.
Find

(03-25-2018, 09:55 PM)Dreadark Wrote:  Except for the fact that godlikes aren't costing more money. Because they are being plunged into existence by the handful daily

(save godlikes that can no longer be dropped)

Edit: Not to mention that primordials are also falling into the void of being worthless along with legendaries and below, considering they are going for around 2-3k now for a basic one compared to 5-6k of a few months back.

Railguns used to be at most 8k, now they can be sold for 15k. Bows used to be able to be bought for 60k and possibly less, Now people are selling them for over 90k. Are you saying that it didn't rise in price?
Although tart and railgun are staying at where they've been for a long time, that doesn't stop the new godlikes from being over 100k for a long while, like the Megalodon. Granted, some people are selling their items for less at the moment because they want to keep opening hellfires or cresent 2s.

Yeah, shame primordials are going down. But actually, legendaries and below are actually getting bought for more than their lowest amount sometimes due to challenge scrolls and dailies. The 5-6k came from people having coins to accommodate for prims (and galactics being better than heroics). Prices of prims went down because Tier VI is still regarded as bad for some because the risk isn't worth it for most. However, I see people roll Tier VI keys sometimes and are usually disappointed when they get an arcane.
Find

ur fucked m8
Find

The rise in price still doesn't match the inflation. Also, nobody would pay over 10k for a railgun. I had to do my damndest to sell mine for 8k.

Crates, Keys and Quests should not give coins. Only boss fights and end round drops should give coins. Yes.
Find

Coin value might be low, but you also have to realize...
in 2.7mill coins of hellfire crates, look at everything he's gotten.

To me, coins just have a different look now. They're not worthless or anything, because we still only have 1 hellfire and 1 undiscovered in that crate, but if coins want to be built more into the market then something should be done.

But other than that, I feel like people are just overreacting to the situation.
When a dragon round begins.

Find

Not to mention that I do events 2-3 times a day lul.
Find

I will fix the economy with my good deal coin sinker on market

And you see I am the sin of greed after all.
Find