Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average

Buffing Coins in Keys

I say that coin drops in keys above Tier 2 need buffed extremely. I've rolled a tier one and gotten a payout of 300+ from small stacks, and over a thousand on large stacks. Conversely, I've rolled Tier 4s and gotten 107 coins from a small stack. When I got a Tier 6 key from Bloodwynd, I got 3k from a small stack, which was alright, but it feels like that would be a good maximum for Tier 5, and have the Tier 6 be at 10k+ for small stack. Maybe just adjusting the payout so that the higher tiers are at least halfway decent (not asking for insta-profit, just don't want to get 3k from a tier that could cost upwards of 40k to make, considering where you get your Primordials from.) and the lower tiers can be left untouched.

The lowest I have ever received in a t5 key was about 275. The lowest I've seen a t6 key go is about 6.6k. I personally don't think the current system should be changed seeing as how likely it is to roll a weapon of the same tier, or even lower from t2-t5 keys, it's more likely that getting coins will always be the better outcome, example being me rolling a legendary weapon from a t5 key. I would be able to sell the weapon for about 200, when the coins would have given me more bang for my buck. Coindrops from keys already net more that 1 individual weapon of that tier. This is just my opinion though.
Find

(07-19-2017, 04:49 PM)amac Wrote:  The lowest I have ever received in a t5 key was about 275. The lowest I've seen a t6 key go is about 6.6k. I personally don't think the current system should be changed seeing as how likely it is to roll a weapon of the same tier, or even lower from t2-t5 keys, it's more likely that getting coins will always be the better outcome, example being me rolling a legendary weapon from a t5 key. I would be able to sell the weapon for about 200, when the coins would have given me more bang for my buck. Coindrops from keys already net more that 1 individual weapon of that tier. This is just my opinion though.

I feel like coin drops are vastly rarer from keys than they use to be. I don't know if it was ever actually changed or just a placebo effect. Coins don't really actually do much outside of crates, and it takes A LOT of crates for someone to get something from them on average.

Like I kinda wish most crates didn't take literal millions put into them for a godlike to come from them. Lets take the onuris from bone crates 1 in 10,000 chance ish. 500 for each crate. That alone is 5,000,000 coins in a crate on average for every onuris to drop. Which is staggering considering how few most people get coins from more casual play. Sure it may be meant as a rarer godlike for whatever reason, but that's like an effectively impossible amount of money for most people to put in for the time they play daily. Tj has like 340k+ already, but he's played 200 hours in the past 2 weeks. And if he spent all that on bone crates he would have like a 1 in 14 chance on average to get it, which isn't very hopeful for the amount of effort put in. This doesn't include getting coins back from the crate, but this is only a very rough estimate.

Also I would like to see godlikes and primordials be more common and some people may or may not agree with that. It really depends on that fact if people want more coins or not from their keys.

I mean, to be fair, I did only spend 20k on Bone Crates and got my Onuris, but I see your point. I don't think they should be more common in chance, but hopefully a buff to keys would help stimulate further rolling of crates, and that would have an impact.
Find

(07-19-2017, 10:06 PM)Pigeon Lord Wrote:  I mean, to be fair, I did only spend 20k on Bone Crates and got my Onuris, but I see your point. I don't think they should be more common in chance, but hopefully a buff to keys would help stimulate further rolling of crates, and that would have an impact.

I mean that's like saying I only payed $20 and won the lottery doesn't mean it's sound investing advice.
Find

The Onuris is more common in the bone crates you get from survive, vs the ones you can buy with coins/rubies.

Some godlikes are more rare than others, and the same thing with primordials. It helps some items have actual value (not just coin-value), due to their rarity. Look at the Railgun, one of the most common godlikes. It's worth basically nothing now, and people tend to complain when they get one.

Lower the rarity of ALL godlikes, and they have a chance to become like that. They are suddenly not as desirable, and doesn't feel as special if you do get one. Sure, it may be limiting some content to the more lucky, but everyone has an equal chance per crate to obtain one. You never know with RNG.

That being said, I have nothing wrong with introducing NEW more common godlikes. As stated previously, I don't mind the idea of a new crate, with a guaranteed untradeable godlike after you open x amount of crates. (tradeble you'd have to actually roll one, and not get the guaranteed?).

As for buffing the coins in keys, possibly, but I'd like to see some more data on the average return vs investment(I'd have to look into that). Also have to consider it would also be buffing other things that drop keys, which could have some negative effects on the economy.

We already have tons of FREE ways to gain coins, especially compared to the older days (when people actually complained a lot less about drops). Do we really need to increase the input flow of coins more?

I spent 8k making a T6 key and got 4k back on both of the T6 keys Sad
SG Fucking Overlord
Find

tier vii, viii, ix, and x keys when?
Tier VII (3 godlikes or 15 primordials)
Tier VIII (5 godlikes)
Tier IX (7 godlikes)
Tier X (10 godlikes)
maybe or nah?
Bouncy Rounds

Kuro and I made the sick railgun key and got 6.6k
Find

Brass if you made a 100% godlike crate, you would have to do some sort of epic witchery to make it so its not only giving out railguns lmao.

Maybe put all the godlikes in the same loot rarity at same chance outta it, so railgun is more common than kunai but not astronimically.
"Closest thing I have had to alcohol is chocolate milk... Don't quote me on that!"
"Please somebody use this as a signature to remember this day."-Catbug
Find