Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

General PSA

I don't like the idea of donating for points or "Coins", but going fully-cosmetic wouldn't mean very much funding from the servers. We've seen players donate thousands to NTG and never "Risen" to the top. Simply being able to donate for various in-game stuff (Nothing like, say, guns or equipment) seems fine to me.

You could enable a lottery wheel similar to the Mystery-crate style opening sequence that lets donators get "Tokens" to use on it. You could donate for said lottery tokens, giving you random stuff. It could be coins, weapons, cosmetics, etc. Or you could have it subscription-based; - A $5 monthly donation would equal perks such as VIP and one free lottery spin a day, $10 for two, etc.

Cosmetics such as hats, trails, miniature "Pets", outfits, models (Though not many) along with glowing effects and stuff would be fine existing.

That's all that I can think of, I'd have to see how the server is set up to make any more decisions on ideas...Boss tokens, TDM tokens, Lottery tokens, Rename tokens, etc could all exist. This way there would be no severe "Imbalance" to points; - Save from Lottery spins, everyone gets the same amount, rather than someone donating and earning five million and ruining the "Economy". There's other interesting stuff, I suppose, but yeah. Skins could be a unique incentive to donate, too.
Find

To be honest I do not believe people will donate for cosmetics simply because it is a cosmetic. As of right now as you stated I see the only way is to donate for coins. Now this will also help me study for psych and this is why coins would actually be the best for you. Gambling is a variable ratio schedule meaning that people are sometimes rewarded after a random amount of attempts (attempting to roll). This is the most addicting type of I guess reinforcement, so people will continue to donate to gamble and roll Smile. Thank you for helping me study.

*Note*- Guaranteed weapons actually probably wouldn't get you as much money as donating for coins would.
Find

That was why I mentioned donating for tokens, one of the types being "Lottery" ones. You still enjoy the gambling, yet you don't break the economy. Nothing is guaranteed.
Find

Yeah I was thinking of having a crate or something donators could donate for, giving them a CHANCE to get something, but not guaranteed. This would mean less donations, but that's ok, as long as we get enough to help support the server. But hey, cosmetics work for CS:GO(although it's not donations), and so does the crate system, although they it's Keys not crates.

I was thinking during the launch, perhaps allow a certain amount of 'special' donation types.

The first # of a set amount will get a "Founder" something, either a rank or something else to show off, and get to name a weapon Tier.

This would of course only be for a limited time during initial launch, and there will be a limited amount like I've stated.

Donating for anything not 100% stable is a perfectly good way. It just boosts your chances; - It doesn't make you rich.

Edit: This was just whiny and begging. Sorry.
Find

Dont be douche
CHECK got it
Find

(11-17-2014, 08:17 PM)Rangerdanger0 Wrote:  Dont be douche
CHECK got it

From all the flame posts you already are starting on here ranger seems you missed that one. You get banned ntg so now you have to come trash on these forums as well? Grow up kid.

(11-18-2014, 01:47 AM)AwesomeMcAwesomePants Wrote:  
(11-17-2014, 08:17 PM)Rangerdanger0 Wrote:  Dont be douche
CHECK got it

From all the flame posts you already are starting on here ranger seems you missed that one. You get banned ntg so now you have to come trash on these forums as well? Grow up kid.

you're the one chasing down my posts and starting stuff
Oh Hey...it's me C:

Find

I talked to Jake about donation ideas before, and as it seems you really want to stay away from anyone being able to say its p2w I think the main focus should be on tournies. Say a monthly tourney with an entrance fee and different prizes/perks for placing in them is a way to keep gameplay mixed up and help fund the servers. Instead of just straight DM tourney styles as well you could use the event base idea having the events donate for entry based and allow a competitive edge to it as well. Like the last event just as an example, Teams could have been on a time trial run for finishing the event so on and so forth. I have pushed tournies at my friends gaming store I helped open (beyondnerd.com) and it pretty much pays his rent each month for the store now.
Find

I'm gonna enjoy rdming terran Smile
Find