Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Paint Shop

You may have just stumbled upon a good way to get skins for guns implemented. This would make it so that we don't even need many skins to start with. If the NPC on the lobby only has 3 a week then we would be good for a full month with only 12 skins! =O

(08-28-2016, 08:04 PM)Dreadark Wrote:  no this will make me want to vomit all over my screen -1.
Find

(08-29-2016, 02:29 AM)Jake1o Wrote:  You may have just stumbled upon a good way to get skins for guns implemented. This would make it so that we don't even need many skins to start with. If the NPC on the lobby only has 3 a week then we would be good for a full month with only 12 skins! =O

Heyyyyy yeah. That's exactly what I meant to do!
Umpty Dumpty
Find

(08-29-2016, 02:29 AM)Jake1o Wrote:  You may have just stumbled upon a good way to get skins for guns implemented. This would make it so that we don't even need many skins to start with. If the NPC on the lobby only has 3 a week then we would be good for a full month with only 12 skins! =O

That's actually a pretty decent idea, but then everyone would have every skins eventually(within that month).

So there should be something more to it.

(08-29-2016, 11:05 AM)Brassx Wrote:  

That's actually a pretty decent idea, but then everyone would have every skins eventually(within that month).

Charge them with those fragment thingys like that gun doode but more expensive, just throwing out ideas.
Find

If you're going actually going to add this, please tell me I can turn it off the same as the current cosmetics.
Find

Eh I don't think everyone will want to spend all of their fragments on skins. I think they will pick and chose the ones they like. I only have like 90 something fragments anyway so I would only be babe to get 3 or so depending on the price. However, I do know some people have like 300+ fragments (terran) so if you are worried about it you could do something like have the NPC give a quest line you have to complete as well? Just no scavenging please. xD
Find

What if he'd sell spray paint, then you could inspect the weapon and only have a limited amount of spray paint to spray on your guns.
Ie: Blue spray paint 225, you only have 225 usage time on it which could be ~5 seconds or something. You could spray anything on the gun to give it a unique feel to it.
Find

(08-29-2016, 04:27 PM)Jake1o Wrote:  

Eh I don't think everyone will want to spend all of their fragments on skins. I think they will pick and chose the ones they like. I only have like 90 something fragments anyway so I would only be babe to get 3 or so depending on the price. However, I do know some people have like 300+ fragments (terran) so if you are worried about it you could do something like have the NPC give a quest line you have to complete as well? Just no scavenging please. xD

What about if there were only 3~ of each skin, but each skin had their own quest, and the first 3 people to do the quest get the skin, to prevent people with massive amounts of fragments to snag them?

I just think there should be a seperate skin crate or something that comes in the coinshop every now and then, like how item crate 2s are. Which would obviously have different rarities of skins and would make really cool ones more special and difficult to obtain rather than the first 5 people to snag one from a shop or the first 5 people to do a quest.

Actually here's another idea.

There's 2 NPCs. A "Gambler" NPC and a shop NPC. The Shop NPC will allow you to trade forerunner fragments for a choice between 3 skins which are reset every week, BUT these skins are fairly common and would not be anything amazing. The "Gambler" NPC would allow players to trade forerunner fragments for skin crates which have a chance for rarer skins but are more likely to contain skins that are more common than that in the shop.

There should also be a limit on skin crates each week though so that people with 500+ fragments can't buy a ton and then just discover every skin in a couple days.
Find