Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Infested Kunais

Yes, as fancy said, the kunais sometimes don't target lock and other times they bounce off the target not even allowing a target lock.
Find

I'm going to post this both as a bump and to make a clear statement of everything i've noticed since the latest patchnotes.
Please not that since I'm not sure if everything happening is a bug or intentional, please dont get triggered if i call something that was intentional a bug.

1) After the latest patch, the kunais are very one-sided, as in they are only useful for the MOUSE1 attack. Now that the MOUSE1 attack can 1-shot headshot at any distance, the MOUSE2 button is almost useless since a. the kunai from that attack is very slow and has a trail, and b. the target lock is useless since mouse1 can just kill a target anyways.

2) I dont believe the kunai's MOUSE1 attack was supposed to headshot at any distance. In other words, i dont believe that the falloff damage is applying correctly.

3) The target-lock is only working on a target that is moving. If they are standing still, the kunai will just bounce off and NEVER activate target-lock.

My own thoughts on how to make the Kunais better) I have 2 ideas. Either make them how they were pre-nerf (They were completely balanced, ask Aresuft. You needed the skill to kill up-close (MOUSE2), the left-click wasnt too strong (enough to kill a wounded enemy), the target-lock had a purpose (it would make it easier to kill targets when not in a crowd, and if you target-locked someone from a distance they could just hide behined a wall or put a box up, or even use a Hylian Shield), and it was over-all really fun to use. Or, 2, make it mostly like how it was before, but if you feel the target-lock's tripleshot was overpowered, just lower the speed at which they throw, so that the target has a little more time to react (not that they didnt before).

these are just my thoughts, opinions and ideas. if you have anything to say, please do. all feedback is welcome.
When a dragon round begins.

Find

(08-26-2016, 10:20 PM)Fancy Typhlosion Wrote:  I'm going to post this both as a bump and to make a clear statement of everything i've noticed since the latest patchnotes.
Please not that since I'm not sure if everything happening is a bug or intentional, please dont get triggered if i call something that was intentional a bug.

1) After the latest patch, the kunais are very one-sided, as in they are only useful for the MOUSE1 attack. Now that the MOUSE1 attack can 1-shot headshot at any distance, the MOUSE2 button is almost useless since a. the kunai from that attack is very slow and has a trail, and b. the target lock is useless since mouse1 can just kill a target anyways.

2) I dont believe the kunai's MOUSE1 attack was supposed to headshot at any distance. In other words, i dont believe that the falloff damage is applying correctly.

3) The target-lock is only working on a target that is moving. If they are standing still, the kunai will just bounce off and NEVER activate target-lock.

My own thoughts on how to make the Kunais better) I have 2 ideas. Either make them how they were pre-nerf (They were completely balanced, ask Aresuft. You needed the skill to kill up-close (MOUSE2), the left-click wasnt too strong (enough to kill a wounded enemy), the target-lock had a purpose (it would make it easier to kill targets when not in a crowd, and if you target-locked someone from a distance they could just hide behined a wall or put a box up, or even use a Hylian Shield), and it was over-all really fun to use. Or, 2, make it mostly like how it was before, but if you feel the target-lock's tripleshot was overpowered, just lower the speed at which they throw, so that the target has a little more time to react (not that they didnt before).

these are just my thoughts, opinions and ideas. if you have anything to say, please do. all feedback is welcome.

Did you test these things on the lobby or TTT? The lobby may not have the up to date unannounced changes.

The left click no longer 1 shot headshots, the triple shot still works, it just has a more reasonable firerate, giving a little more time in-between the three shots.

I also have been unable to replicate the target not locking unless moving, which is extremely strange. Here's a video demonstrating:

After some further testing, I noticed the tickrate of the server played a big factor is some things with the Kunai. It seems upping the tickrate a bit helps stop these weird issues (and kunai clipping through people).

The tickrate of the servers have been increased.

Thanks brassx, it seems the kunais are working splendid. However, i will be making one suggestion, I dont mind how you take it.

The Kunai's "triple shot" is faster than the standard MOUSE2, and the MOUSE2 is useful now. However, if you're an innocent killing a T, a T killing a det, or even a t killing an inno, it takes such a long time to kill them by using the target lock.
My thought would be maybe make it so that the first 2 kunais of the triple shot shoot faster (as fast as they did pre-patch), and make the third one shoot as fast as it is now. That way if you're a T, you can still pick off innocents in areas, yes as an Innocent you need to get a target-lock headshot to kill a T quickly.
When a dragon round begins.

Find