Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Infested Kunais

(Im not asking for a buff, and i've already (mostly) talked to Aresuft about these matters. Just wanted to bring them to a forum post to get them some more attention, since the bugs still seem relevant)

Basically, current glitches i'm encountering with the Kunais --

(Not sure if this counts as a glitch, but) 1- The Kunais can not do any damage to the Worm Queen or to Morgoth/rats/deathclaws. The Kunais just phase right through them.
2- Sometimes kunais bounce off targets (i've only seen this happen with the mouse1 attack), which can cause problems when using the target lock mode. Since the kunai bounces off the target, it wont target lock, which can cause some issues.
3- "hitboxes". I'm saying this because there's a few issues that arise from this. Number one being, you cant headshot anyone at point blank. I've tried aiming above their head so the kunai just chips their head alone, and it's never worked so far. Second hitbox issue is that sometimes, headshots just dont register as headshots, but as body/arm shots. I've sat next to an afk in a room, just us 2, and thrown 3 kunais (all mouse2), and had them strike the targets head, with none of them counting as headshots.
4- After hitting a successful tracker shot on someone, the first of the 3 following mouse2 shots will drop into the ground. Not sure why.
4a- (This is labeled 4a because it has to do with ^^.) If all 3 tracker shots follow the target, and they dont have body armor, the last tracker shot will spam back and forth mid-air, and follow the tracked player in spectate mode, allowing them to do damage to whoever they wish at the original attacker's karma expense.

I'm assuming some of these glitches arise from the patch to stop spamming kunais in a wall at infinite speeds, since before that patch i didnt have much of an issue.
When a dragon round begins.

Find

When they bounce off, do you get any hitmarkers or anything? I'm trying to recreate that issue but I am having no luck what-so-ever.

It's also intentional that they do not affect NPC's yet. Point blank headshots are fixed and will be pushed with the next patch.
Find

Okay, everything seems to be working fine brassx. However, i did notice one thing.
The left-click with the kunai can 1-shot anyone w/o armor at ANY distance (which is kinda op). Maybe, make it so the left-click kunai headshot does ~80 point blank, and bring back the 3-shot target lock kunai attack? (Or, make it 2-shot, so it doesnt kill dets on body shots?)

Find

(08-22-2016, 09:34 PM)Fancy Typhlosion Wrote:  Okay, everything seems to be working fine brassx. However, i did notice one thing.
The left-click with the kunai can 1-shot anyone w/o armor at ANY distance (which is kinda op). Maybe, make it so the left-click kunai headshot does ~80 point blank, and bring back the 3-shot target lock kunai attack? (Or, make it 2-shot, so it doesnt kill dets on body shots?)

Can confirm OP
Find

Update:
After 3 rounds and numerous testing in the lobby, i couldnt get target lock to activate once.

Find

Works for me buckaroo
Find

Same, target lock works for me too.
Find

Fanc tiph needs to git gud confirmed?

Maybe it's specifically Fancys Kunai that are broken. Try using Peppers or someone else's and see if it works for you.
Umpty Dumpty
Find

I must be broken.
I have no homework today and band cut early, so i have more time to test Big Grin

Update:
after a full map rotation, i have yet to get the target lock to work. (Note that the right-click attack wont even send kunais to the fallen target-lock kunai, when they used to before.)
Feks has gotten it to work about 60% of the time, some kunais for him still bounce off.

Edit:I have figured out that the problem is that target-lock only works on a MOVING target. (Please not that if a target is standing still, the right-click kunai wont even travel to the target-lock kunai like it used to)

The damage falloff is also still not working, with left-clicks one-shot-headshotting at any range, and doing 40 bodyshot damage.
And (not sure if this is a bug since in patchnotes you said you "The right click's firerate has been reduced when a target is locked", but..) the kunai's right-click attack shoots at normal speed once a target is target locked

Find