Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Kuro - Kill Denying by Retrying

(08-19-2016, 06:49 PM)Kuro Wrote:  I've heard about quest blocking, that was months ago for some people who were killing themselves to prevent people from getting kills for their quests. Since then I think there was a block put in place to prevent people from suiciding?

I haven't heard of any rule against leaving in the middle of gunfights, in fact I've heard a few people (other mods in fact) jokingly say the best counter to the candy cane deagle is having a lobby bind. I'm pretty sure that would be considered leaving during gunfights.

I've seen other people do this and I've never seen any type of statement about it. I'd agree it's pretty scummy and sorry if I've done something terribly bad.

I've only really done it lately when my anxiety has been pretty terrible, I get pretty stressed out for seemingly no reason and when I leave I feel like it helps me sort of "reset" myself and helps me stay longer than usual.

I have it bound as it's pretty helpful when I retry during the event when I want to get to the starting room really fast.

I have caught myself about to do it sometimes out of bad habit, but that's not really an excuse for it.
I'll remove my disconnect bind if it's against the rules or if there's some kind of statement about this.

Just remove it now even if it's not against the rules. I mean, you admitted in this post it is scummy so then why do it at all?
Find

tobias you do it to so no reason to report on it
Minehuis: Pancakes
Rangerdanger0: Waffles
Rangerdanger0: lol rekt

I do it whenever I get frozen by a candy cane because that is legit bullshit and they don't deserve that kill. To listen to them watching me and scream "REKT. LOL." is unbearable. An I scum? maybe. I can fully understand why Kuro would do it though. I have pretty bad anxiety and even small random things set me off. He doesn't deserve any kind of punishment. He should maybe just try not to use it.

I don't think this required a report though. You could have just talked to him about it or talked to an admin about it. There was obviously no malicious intent.
Find

(08-19-2016, 08:40 PM)Dreadark Wrote:  I do it whenever I get frozen by a candy cane because that is legit bullshit and they don't deserve that kill. To listen to them watching me and scream "REKT. LOL." is unbearable. An I scum? maybe. I can fully understand why Kuro would do it though. I have pretty bad anxiety and even small random things set me off.  He doesn't deserve any kind of punishment. He should maybe just try not to use it.

I don't think this required a report though. You could have just talked to him about it or talked to an admin about it. There was obviously no malicious intent.

Sadly though, Ive told Kuro time and time again to stop doing this. I don't want punishment for him ,but it is bullshit to do this. I don't care if you have anxiety or some other excuse to do it because it's just a game and you're denying someone something that you shouldn't be. Also, I've told Brass before about this and he's told Kuro (once maybe) to stop using it and Kuro has said he'd remove it before, but still uses it. Just my two cents.
Find

I say right now that those binds need to be taken away. If you get frozen or are being killed suck it up and deal with it. Don't ruin others playing because you don't want to die.

(08-19-2016, 08:51 PM)Chosen Wrote:  
(08-19-2016, 08:40 PM)Dreadark Wrote:  I do it whenever I get frozen by a candy cane because that is legit bullshit and they don't deserve that kill. To listen to them watching me and scream "REKT. LOL." is unbearable. An I scum? maybe. I can fully understand why Kuro would do it though. I have pretty bad anxiety and even small random things set me off.  He doesn't deserve any kind of punishment. He should maybe just try not to use it.

Sadly though, Ive told Kuro time and time again to stop doing this. I don't want punishment for him ,but it is bullshit to do this. I don't care if you have anxiety or some other excuse to do it because it's just a game and you're denying someone something that you shouldn't be. Also, I've told Brass before about this and he's told Kuro (once maybe) to stop using it and Kuro has said he'd remove it before, but still uses it. Just my two cents.

I never said it was an excuse. I said I understand why he did it and there's no reason to be harsh on him. He just needs to find another way to relieve his anxiety.
Find

I feel like that should be added to the rules, why else would the removal of suicide binds during firefights be a thing?

Or maybe brass can change it that if you suicide or leave after taking a certain amount of damage it'll still count as your kill for exp/karma/quests?

Also, anxiety isn't even a half way decent excuse, you're just being a scumbag and trying to use a real illness to justify you being a POS.
Tneconni

Leaving because you're frozen from a ccd is even more bullshitty, I'd suppot that being punishable in th future. Quit being crybabies and accept it's part of the game.

- That Thrakos Noob

(08-19-2016, 09:31 PM)Unpoke Wrote:  Leaving because you're frozen from a ccd is even more bullshitty, I'd suppot that being punishable in th future. Quit being crybabies and accept it's part of the game.

^This.

There is a reason you aren't able to kill yourself after:

1) Getting Frozen
2) Getting shot/taking damage

Retrying is basically the same thing as killing yourself and denying kills.
Find

(08-19-2016, 09:31 PM)Unpoke Wrote:  Leaving because you're frozen from a ccd is even more bullshitty, I'd suppot that being punishable in th future. Quit being crybabies and accept it's part of the game.

>quit being crybabies
>crying about losing 5 exp.

js fam. if you call us crybabies you cant say that you guys arent. mark me toxic go ahead but its true.