Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Kuro - Kill Denying by Retrying

Steam Name of Offending Player(s): Kuro

Steam ID of Offending Player(s): STEAM_0:1:53521300

What Happened?: During a fire fight, he was about to die, then he said "Bye!", then retry'd not allowing me to get the kill on him.

Witnesses: Bradley, Pepper, Jake1o

Evidence:

Here are the logs showing I didn't kill him, and him leaving in the middle of the fight.

Him coming back a few seconds later:

Find

I do this if I get frozen by a candy cane deagle, because if you're frozen, you're 100% fucked.
Find

(08-19-2016, 06:12 PM)Terran Wrote:  I do this if I get frozen by a candy cane deagle, because if you're frozen, you're 100% fucked.

He wasn't frozen though, so that has literally nothing to do with this.
Find

i didn't see this as a rule in the server rules, so what exactly are you complaining for? (not trying to be rude)

I believe its quest blocking/XP "blocking", which is sort of an unspoken rule. (Purposefully ruining people's quests/etc seems bad, leaving to deny kills can cause that?)
Find

Terran you shouldn't leave if you get frozen. It's basically the same thing Kuro did. It ruins player's quests and is extremely annoying when they get nothing because you left and ruined it for them

(08-19-2016, 06:28 PM)Mary Wrote:  i didn't see this as a rule in the server rules, so what exactly are you complaining for? (not trying to be rude)

It is a rule, it's just not listed on the MOTD correctly.

Why do you think you're unable to kill yourself for a few seconds after you take damage?
Find

Oh I know I shouldn't, I mentioned I do because that's the right thing to do. If Kuro is going to get in trouble for this, then I should get in trouble for that. Hence why I mentioned it.

Also stop using CCD's and I'll stop leaving when frozen gaylords.
Find

(08-19-2016, 06:38 PM)tobiasxz Wrote:  
(08-19-2016, 06:28 PM)Mary Wrote:  i didn't see this as a rule in the server rules, so what exactly are you complaining for? (not trying to be rude)

It is a rule, it's just not listed on the MOTD correctly.

Why do you think you're unable to kill yourself for a few seconds after you take damage?

yea like tobi said i think there is are some rules that should be added to the motd like this one
FUN ^ 10 x int ^ 40 = ir2
Find

I've heard about quest blocking, that was months ago for some people who were killing themselves to prevent people from getting kills for their quests. Since then I think there was a block put in place to prevent people from suiciding?

I haven't heard of any rule against leaving in the middle of gunfights, in fact I've heard a few people (other mods in fact) jokingly say the best counter to the candy cane deagle is having a lobby bind. I'm pretty sure that would be considered leaving during gunfights.

I've seen other people do this and I've never seen any type of statement about it. I'd agree it's pretty scummy and sorry if I've done something terribly bad.

I've only really done it lately when my anxiety has been pretty terrible, I get pretty stressed out for seemingly no reason and when I leave I feel like it helps me sort of "reset" myself and helps me stay longer than usual.

I have it bound as it's pretty helpful when I retry during the event when I want to get to the starting room really fast.

I have caught myself about to do it sometimes out of bad habit, but that's not really an excuse for it.
I'll remove my disconnect bind if it's against the rules or if there's some kind of statement about this.
Find