Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

Poll: Should Legendaries be Modified?
Yes they should be.
No they should stay the same.
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Legendaries. The Debate.

Yay buffing my vakarians because people can't aim for the head. ;P
Find

Yeah, i support this.

I dropped THREE legendaries just yesterday...

a Nighthawk, a Nocturnal Mac10, 2 bone spirits, a rare coin drop, then a Hylian Shield.

legendaries have been dropping more than commons, and with that they have lost their feeling of being rare and special.
Find

It's really hard to balance out rarity, value, and effectiveness of a weapon. Look at one of the best guns on the server, a bellum. That is probably one of the best non-godlike weapons but it has a really shitty price. Honestly, even if you boosted the rarity or damage of any weapons its not going to do anything. The problem always comes down to people who donate large sums of money. They unbox 75% of crates and lose no coins when they sell them for really low, so that's what they do. No helping anything unless you regulate donating, maybe all weapons legendary and below from donor crates are trade blocked? That's a really shitty idea but it's whats gonna have to happen.
Find

(12-24-2015, 02:41 PM)Aresuft Wrote:  It's really hard to balance out rarity, value, and effectiveness of a weapon. Look at one of the best guns on the server, a bellum. That is probably one of the best non-godlike weapons but it has a really shitty price. Honestly, even if you boosted the rarity or damage of any weapons its not going to do anything. The problem always comes down to people who donate large sums of money. They unbox 75% of crates and lose no coins when they sell them for really low, so that's what they do. No helping anything unless you regulate donating, maybe all weapons legendary and below from donor crates are trade blocked? That's a really shitty idea but it's whats gonna have to happen.

There's actually only a few who donate 'large sums', so we can't blame the prices on them alone. I believe it's largely because some of the Legendaries(bellum was the very first legendary) are a lot older than most of the other tiers people use now, since there were less tiers back then, the chances of getting one were better.

More often than not a Donator doesn't get Legendaries+ from crates, there's only a few that have had insane luck, really.
Although I do believe a large chunk of all Legendaries have dropped from crates, but not just donator crates.

Balancing them properly(stat wise, and rarity wise(crate rarity wise)), should over time increase their prices so that they are at least more expensive than most rares.

Another possible thing I could do is to make some new Legendaries that you can only get post round(not from crates).
Find

I'd like some weapons only available post round.
Find

I'd like to see Crates that are coin-only, to lower the amount of coins in the marketplace. A few people have suggested this too. Maybe special Legendary tiered weapons could be in them?

Can we have a forerunner fragment exclusive crate as well? That'd be beneficial if we're talking about new crates.

- That Thrakos Noob

I think the current Legendary tiers should be renamed to something and the Legendary should be boosted up 1.
Find

I think that was what Brass was thinking of, Pepper.
Find

Didn't really read the comments
Find