Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

What is this non-sence..??

(10-31-2015, 07:49 PM)Axe Wrote:  
(10-31-2015, 07:46 PM)Rotshout Wrote:  
(10-31-2015, 07:40 PM)Axe Wrote:  After reading this appeal and looking back at the report. I'm not sure if the right decision was made. A lot of comments on the report were about how he scammed tyrone BUT tyrone lied, so harmful had never scammed him. I know he is a decent sized shark, but to me it seems that he is getting the short end of the stick. Also the way he is responding makes me fairly certain that he is telling the truth (unless he's a good actor). Lastly, the proof showing that harmful lied was not there. He was banned off of what vorsas claimed to have happened. When I first read the report I thought he was guilty, but after reading this and going back to check the report I'm not sure if the decision was right.

Also please stop basing judgements of past accusations if there are NOOOOOO previously valid reports on him.

Axe, Tyrone wasn't the reason Harmfull was banned. Vorsas submitted a report against him where he bought a new legendary for about 400 coins value. Additionally, Harmfull was only trade and drop banned for three months and three weeks respectively. I don't understand why you think it's "too harsh" when it's not even permanent. Scams in themself are worthy of server bans.

I'm well aware he wasn't banned for tyrone, but a good amount of people based their judgements off of that as I had stated. Also show me the proof where he lied to vorsas AND it isn't the best gun, so I can see why someone would think it is less than a bellum. IT HAD NO PRICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He didn't even get a chance to explain himself or to trade vorsas back.

From what I've heard, Terran sold it earlier for ~2.8(?)k (which i think mighta been the real scam here but w/e lolol), and Harmfull may or may not have known about it. He claims people had told him there was yet to be a market for it, and with such information, he just drew out a safe price that was shortly accepted. Yeah, it turns out the price was unfair, but there's no evidence the scammed person went back and asked for a refund.
Because of these reasons, both players should have their items refunded and Harmfull should have a warning. That's it. A ban is too far, because like you said, there's been zero other accurate reports.

- That Thrakos Noob

Y'all should stop arguing.
This is a ban appeal. Not a thread for innocent or guilty.

I strongly believe Harmful had a general idea that the gun would be worth much more than the amount he paid for it. He took advantage of a weapon being new, for profit, which isn't a 'huge' deal if it wasn't such a big difference in the amount the weapon apparently was going for.

He's not a dumb individual. Like he said, he loves the trading aspect of the server, so my guess is that he knows quite a bit about the in-game economy, and of course, he wanted to make big profit off the new weapon.

That being said, I also think Vorsas is also a bit at fault for trading it without looking into it more.
I didn't base the punishment off that report alone, I had a lengthy chat with Jake1o who in fact told me about multiple (private)reports on harmful(BEFORE tyrones report), his behavior in game, etc. Not to mention, even one of our own staff stated on the report that he was ripped off by harmful.

We need to set an example that we do not want our players to rip each other off. Yes, there's no 'set price' for items really, they can go for what ever the two people in the trade are happy with.. But exploiting a new players ignorance is not acceptable, and definitely not something we want happening often.

EDIT:
Also, if some of our staff are ripping people off please do report it. It's unacceptable.

I baught the gun before or with no knowledge of Terran's sellings. Furthermore, the time and ''category'' of my ban shouldn't matter. The fact that (in my opinion) was wrongfuly banned does. But again/again, thx for sharing both your thoughts on this topic guys.

(10-31-2015, 08:29 PM)Brassx Wrote:  I strongly believe Harmful had a general idea that the gun would be worth much more than the amount he paid for it. He took advantage of a weapon being new, for profit, which isn't a 'huge' deal if it wasn't such a big difference in the amount the weapon apparently was going for.

He's not a dumb individual. Like he said, he loves the trading aspect of the server, so my guess is that he knows quite a bit about the in-game economy, and of course, he wanted to make big profit off the new weapon.

That being said, I also think Vorsas is also a bit at fault for trading it without looking into it more.
I didn't base the punishment off that report alone, I had a lengthy chat with Jake1o who in fact told me about multiple (private)reports on harmful(BEFORE tyrones report), his behavior in game, etc. Not to mention, even one of our own staff stated on the report that he was ripped off by harmful when he was new..

We need to set an example that we do not want our players to rip each other off. Yes, there's no 'set price' for items really, they can go for what ever the two people in the trade are happy with.. But exploiting a new players ignorance is not acceptable, and definitely not something we want happening often.

EDIT:
Also, if some of our staff are ripping people off please do report it. It's unacceptable.

I agree that I would try to make profit in an occasion like this one, but not in this way. Since I more often than not, keep ''cool'' guns to myself ie)Ascultone, Vakarian rifle etc... But no proof of this can really be proven so I cant justify more then this. Also, I do understand your perspective in the matter.

Maybe reduce it significantly at least? I think 3 months is extremely harsh for a first time hardly-even-sure publicly reported offense.

- That Thrakos Noob

It's not 3 months?
It's 3 week drop ban, and a 2 month trade ban.

Oh, I meant 2 months towards the trade ban, lol. My bad.

- That Thrakos Noob
Find

I guess you can say he was harmful to the community B)

(10-31-2015, 10:41 PM)xxhackxx Wrote:  I guess you can say he was harmful to the community B)

(10-31-2015, 10:46 PM)Baggins Wrote:  
(10-31-2015, 10:41 PM)xxhackxx Wrote:  I guess you can say he was harmful to the community B)
scary gif

Has the internet really made you all this desensitized? That gif looks pretty real to me and when I saw it I felt extremely uneasy. I'm removing it because I kind of think it's real.

Alright thanks Baggins that ones noticeably fake so it's much better.