Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

How to handle Hackers

(04-06-2015, 01:51 AM)RadioActiveCow Wrote:  
(04-06-2015, 12:48 AM)Terran Wrote:  Pretty reasonable. Surprised that they're getting past the automatic bans. Good for mods, and for everyone else to know what to do, too.

VAC sucks and most of the time anti-script sucks too, it's way too easy to hack on gmod nowadays (don't ask plx) valve or gmods dev team really need to look into preventing lua hacks run by a client rather than leaving it to server owners and those who aren't skilled or knowledgeable on the subject tend to get fucked over pretty hard.

Which is why I love this blacklist idea of obtaining a database of hacks being used, it's similar to how antivirus software detect malware is through a database. Do you share this database with other server owners or is it a part of a public plugin that lots of people contribute to?

It's a database I compiled myself, I basically keep an eye on all of the major hack forums for releases and get my hands on them to add them to my system. I also have a few private hacks in the blacklist due to my CHK system, although I only recently made it so mods+ can dump the scripts to the server, instead of it just being me.
Find

Sorry for handling it badly. I had no clue what chk did, or what I was to do in that situation.

But thanks for the info and I'll handle it right in the future for sure.
Find

(04-06-2015, 02:28 AM)Brassx Wrote:  It's a database I compiled myself, I basically keep an eye on all of the major hack forums for releases and get my hands on them to enhance my gaming abilities