Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

How to handle Hackers

How to handle Hackers
Hackers can be an annoying issue on the server, but before you go screaming "OMG HACKER!", please read this to see what you can do to help us get rid of the hacker, and KEEP them out!

Do NOT call them out for it. Report it immediately to a higher up(mod+) as they have tools I've provided to properly determine if someone is hacking, and to help protect the server in the future from the hacks that person was using.

How to determine if someone is hacking:

Look for suspicious behavior, if you're mod+ use SCP/CHK to look for suspicious things.

If you find something suspicious in CHK(red hook, but be sure to read the script name too), click the "dump file" button to have the file save to the server. I will check the file out and determine if it's malicious. In which I will add protection against that script if it is indeed a hack.

Note(Disclaimer): this function will only show/dump files that are actually being executed on FRG. We have no interest in 'stealing' anyone's code. We reserve the right to view any external scripts being ran on the player's client while connected to our server, none of these will be sold, released, or anything of the like. If found malicious, the only use will be to add to our Anti-hack system to detect the script.

Please be sure to screenshot anything you see in these menus before acting on it, to keep as evidence.
Find

Pretty reasonable. Surprised that they're getting past the automatic bans. Good for mods, and for everyone else to know what to do, too.
Find

Thanks for this guide, will help less experienced players when dealing with hackers.
Find

who tf hacks
Find

(04-06-2015, 01:07 AM)Enchantable Wrote:  who tf hacks

probably the same people who abuse glitches to dupe =)

(04-06-2015, 12:48 AM)Terran Wrote:  Pretty reasonable. Surprised that they're getting past the automatic bans. Good for mods, and for everyone else to know what to do, too.

There's always new hacks coming out, so I have to keep an eye on released hacks to add them to the anti-hack system. This is also why it's crucial to not let a hacker know you're aware of them hacking until a mod+ dumps the script. This allows me to add the script to my system, and helps prevent anyone else from using the script on the server.

A lot of hack scripts are private and you have to buy them, so if more people follow this guide before doing anything about the hackers, it will help more in the long run.
Find

Oh, that's pretty smart. I remember huge groups centered around injectors and hacks for a game called Combat Arms, was pretty phishy. The only real issue is that if someone IS hacking, or just really, really good, people tend to scream "oh my god you're hacking you can't be that good!"
Find

(04-06-2015, 12:48 AM)Terran Wrote:  Pretty reasonable. Surprised that they're getting past the automatic bans. Good for mods, and for everyone else to know what to do, too.

VAC sucks and most of the time anti-script sucks too, it's way too easy to hack on gmod nowadays (don't ask plx) valve or gmods dev team really need to look into preventing lua hacks run by a client rather than leaving it to server owners and those who aren't skilled or knowledgeable on the subject tend to get fucked over pretty hard.

Which is why I love this blacklist idea of obtaining a database of hacks being used, it's similar to how antivirus software detect malware is through a database. Do you share this database with other server owners or is it a part of a public plugin that lots of people contribute to?
Find

(04-06-2015, 12:44 AM)Brassx Wrote:  How to handle Hackers
Hackers can be an annoying issue on the server, but before you go screaming "OMG HACKER!", please read this to see what you can do to help us get rid of the hacker, and KEEP them out!

Please do this. There have been many times on NTG (just an example) where people start screaming that a guy is hacking instead of being quiet about it and messaging @ chat. After the hacker realizes a person is telling a staff member he/she will normally try to turn them off to avoid punishment. Also many people have been false accused and scrutinized by players truly claiming hacks on a player, but clearly Terran does have aimbot just saying you can't hit dem 360 swap headshots :p

Note: I said truly
Find

(04-06-2015, 01:21 AM)McNuggie Wrote:  
(04-06-2015, 01:07 AM)Enchantable Wrote:  who tf hacks

probably the same people who abuse glitches to dupe =)
no?
they don't hack, they dupe.
retard
Find