49 66.22%
No thanks
33.78%
25 33.78%
Total 74 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Unban rick 10.0

my opinion on the matter won't really mean much but he had enough chances, when is "the final chance" the actual final chance? sure it is just a server on a game and i like to be old school on shit, but final should mean final.

sure you could just reban him again but then you just make yourself look like fools for having to do it again after unbanning him.

just because you are helpful, doesnt mean you get a free pass to do stupid shit.

i say no because i can and it is my decision.

+1 yes yes yes yes
Find

rick is a cool guy and honestly needs an unban this guy chill asf

Mega +1
Find

(06-25-2021, 05:59 AM)Eclipse Wrote:  sure you could just reban him again but then you just make yourself look like fools for having to do it again after unbanning him.
I couldn't care less about that. If someone waits 2 years and gets rebanned immediately after an unban, I wouldn't say we're the ones who look like fools. Takes 5 seconds to re-ban someone. If someone gets that offended about an unbanned person getting rebanned after doing something dumb, they need to re-evaluate how serious they're taking things in the online community.

(06-25-2021, 05:59 AM)Eclipse Wrote:  just because you are helpful, doesnt mean you get a free pass to do stupid shit.

Of course it doesn't give them a free pass, but it shouldn't be totally disregarded. He was helpful well after he did stupid shit, not during.  What his motives were though I think are pretty clear. So take that however you wish. I was merely providing info.

I think it's pretty clear that some people can never let go of petty grudges. This poll was more of an experiment than anything, personally I believe if rick were unbanned, it would be problematic, however, not exactly for the reasons you think. I think he could and probably would potentially cause issues on his own over time, but I think the immediate issues would be involving a select group of people who would be butthurt about him and do everything they can to bait him into doing something, be passive aggressive at him, etc.  Much like how a certain group allegedly tried to frame him for shit in a minecraft server.

I also think there's also more problematic players that exist right now, in a completely different context though. (Not just toxicity, it goes deeper than that)

To be clear, I voted no on unbanning him as well, super early on. I never really expected this to pass the 20% margin, but I think it highlights some core issues with things like this. Some people act like it's the end of the world, others just bandwagon with what others think, new players don't give two shits (rightfully so), and old players, some that barely play are seemingly still holding some kind of grudge, getting their friends that literally haven't played in years to vote on this, straight up inventing problems that don't exist, or just not really understanding that perma bans have always been fluid and not 'set in stone' when it's not related to major things like hacking ,chargebacks, etc

Perma bans have always been more so "Indefinite" bans for things unrelated to the set in stone extreme offenses.  Ban appeals ultimately would determine what would come of it.  I did say his one ban would be his 'final perma ban with no chance of appeal' years ago. I also said the same thing with McNuggies ban, and what nuggie did was a lot more serious than what rick did, nuggie got unbanned and was supported by most of you after many ban appeals.. Things change, opinions change, and the majority of the active playerbase changes as time goes on.  The way I saw it: If the majority of the player base are people that have never even interacted with him, most of his offenses were relatively minor, years have passed, we've become more lax, and he's not entirely batshit crazy like some other people that try to appeal, does it really matter?

shrug

just re ban him if shit gets bad. from my experience its mostly mods/admins that don't want him back and rightfully so because they deal with all the shit. At the very least if he is unbanned you can point back to his interactions now and post them on his future unban thread.
Find

(06-26-2021, 08:17 AM)PandaCow Wrote:  just re ban him if shit gets bad. from my experience its mostly mods/admins that don't want him back and rightfully so because they deal with all the shit. At the very least if he is unbanned you can point back to his interactions now and post them on his future unban thread.

i always think this take is particularly funny, 'cus each one of his unbans has been with this logic
"if we unban him now and he gets rebanned, we can just use that as proof as why he shouldnt get unbanned again"
that was done several times for him already

- That Thrakos Noob

To be fair, my -1 is coming from the 30 minutes I spent with him in a discord channel so it might not carry much weight, and definitely doesnt considering how many +1's I've seen so far. But from what I've gathered from him is just another mauimods. Same mannerisms, same sentence structure, same vibes with the monotone insults or backhanded compliments. I really didnt enjoy playing on the server with mauimods because of the toxicity that I would hear in voice chat or text chat, his "so truuuee!!!!" or "too truee!!" sarcastic comments... From what I've read in the other posts from older players is that he is just the same if not more toxic that the person mentioned above. I do not enjoy playing with genuinely toxic people, and I believe this unban would lead to that. But then again, a 5 minute later ban would deal with that.
Find

(06-27-2021, 02:22 AM)Unpoke Wrote:  
(06-26-2021, 08:17 AM)PandaCow Wrote:  just re ban him if shit gets bad. from my experience its mostly mods/admins that don't want him back and rightfully so because they deal with all the shit. At the very least if he is unbanned you can point back to his interactions now and post them on his future unban thread.

i always think this take is particularly funny, 'cus each one of his unbans has been with this logic
"if we unban him now and he gets rebanned, we can just use that as proof as why he shouldnt get unbanned again"
that was done several times for him already

Indeed it has. And a fair amount of the people against his ban appeals have been against him for exactly that reason. Don't underestimate the influence it's had on his unban failures. It legitimately does make it harder for him to get unbanned. That being said I think it's a bit of a pointless thing to vouch for. You shouldn't exactly be planning for him to fail again when advocating for him to be given another shot. Just seems silly to me.
Find

-1 a furry now and plays fortnite in 2021 nothing else needs to be said, he hasn't changed at all he is just really good at sucking up to people
Find

-1 I Dont know him personally but just from that background of him being toxic and and causing problems that can stay away we dont need that fr
Find