Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Lobby Boss Jewels, edited

Brick 
So basically, you'd have a chance to drop these jewels from the lobby bosses, simply put, they'd have a similar chance to pass jewels

Jewel of Worms (Worm Queen):  Chance to fire a corrosion spit that breaks on contact, doing a small amount of damage and corrosion DoT, lower your health, the more that you spit, much like a shotgun burst vs how worm queen does it

Jewel of the Abyss:  Chance to fire an acid spit that damage in a small explosive radius

Jewel of Ice(Castle):  Chance to trap your target in an ice cage until they either break out or deal damage like the ice cage in castle

Jewel of Flame (Castle):  Chance to spawn a fire tornado on your target that will pull in other targets near them like whirlwind proc, but trail behind like ender of dreams laser

Jewel of Blood (Bloodwynd):  Chance to spawn a trapping smaller purple circle at your target's feet, no damage, and if they try to walk off an edge it'll  keep them in the circle on the same elevation

Jewel of the Guardian (Stone Guardian in IoD): Chance to summon a stalactite above your target that damage and stuns

Jewel of the Arachnid (Giant Spider in IoD): Chance to shoot a webbing that slows the target, lower the health, the slower they go, if they stop, then they are stuck

Jewel of the Fallen (Tzadkiel in IoD): Chance to either heal you or fire a ball like a mage that follows your last shot target around the map until it connects

Jewel of the Dead (...zombie boss in Survive, can’t spell it): Chance to summon the wall that the boss summons in a smaller form that stays stationary when above 50 health, and when below it moves, the wall will take a percentage of ammo, and when there is no ammo, deals damage, the wall can be shot and broken

Jewel of the Warrior (Morgoth of Grim’s, I’m not bothering with the mini bosses since the only unique thing they do is done by the railgun): Chance to fire a horizontal flame beam that deals medium damage and fire DoT

Jewel of the Beast (Lyrus): Chance to fire a fire stream along the ground like a lyrus attack that deals damage to those in its path

Jewel of The Desert (Horus in Asylum): Chance on taking damage to receive a prompt to put a sand barrier around you for a brief time that blocks incoming damage

Not bothering with kraken since his stuff is in trident

These are cool +1
Find

Abyssal already has a jewel
Find

fun idea-- some overlap though (jewel of the abyss) and could maybe implement for the ejoin bosses too, as well as maybe some balancing concerns.
Find

More jewels=better imo lol, just wish a couple of these could also be implemented to be craftable.
Find

(03-24-2021, 04:04 PM)DONGERWEED29266602592O3852309764 Wrote:  fun idea-- some overlap though (jewel of the abyss) and could maybe implement for the ejoin bosses too, as well as maybe some balancing concerns.

That’s a good idea, of course, these would be a weaker form of the bosses attacks, like the ice cage would be more easily breakable than glacies’.

As for ejoin bosses, I’ll think of some, but it’s hard to prevent overlap with existing weaponry or undiscovereds

The abyss jewel I’ll probably scrap since y’all brought up some good points with it

Very cool idea and i think jewel diversity opens up a ton of fun interactions and ability to build, just some concerns though.

I think id rather see a single jewel dropped from castle between glacies and ignis thats a little less of a godlike trait, the idea of forcing someone into a cage in ttt sounds like a nightmare and i feel like having to mention the fact the ignis one functions in ways similar to whirlwind/Ender of Dreams kinda sells it poor for me, something like a crystallized/phoenix hybrid called Frostburn would sound a little less extravagant and logical to me.

With the Iod jewels i think id rather see 1 global jewel that is droppable from all the bosses or just one that comes out of Chest/Gilded Chest. IoD already has a pretty good amount of loot incentive among alterings, vindictives, opchungus.

Lyrus jewel sounds like glaedr beam

Overall really cool ideas but some of them sound a little too op and special to be on jewels.