Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

What would you like to see on TTT?

I feel like one of the reasons for the deflated player count is the lobby, but I don't know what can be done about that.
Find

Enter lobby for x amount of time using points/time gathered from ZS
Find

After thinking a bit I've come up with some stuff.

Throw some random elements into TTT, like Tj suggested. For the love of God, I've TTT for 7 fucking years and at this point I auto pilot a lot of the games. Throw a wrench in my plans, make it weird. Here are some stuff I would love to be implemented.

The day and night cycle: Yea that thing, I loved the hell out of that. It was so awesome seeing all the familiar maps in new light. Don't bring the rain cause that was annoying and a frame loss, but the night cycle! Ffs can we have that back? Like a 1 in 14 chance for a round to be a certain time of day. It was such a great addition, I'm sad that it is gone and no one seems to want that back.

Reverse maps: On a different server, they had this and it was so cool. Just reversing it gave it such a twist, while being able to navigate it. It was a fun twist and would add variety to any map.

**What is suggest above could only happen when a level threshold has been met. As to not discourage newer folks or confuse them when they join. This is an idea.**

Reduce number of minigames: It has worn us down. I feel once per 20 mins should be the cd honestly. Folks do come on and when multiple minigames happen they do say, "I came here to play TTT."

Bonus end round loot: Instead of buffing end round loot, why not convert that into bonus loot for the other game mode? You play 2 hours on TTT, you can get bonus loot for 6 rounds in ZS. It could also tell folks, "Hey, you got 10 rounds of bonus loot on TTT. !ttt to join and redeem." That could encourage ZS folks to come look at our TTT.

More roles: I'm actually going to suggest about 3-6 roles soon. I just need to think through with the rules and how it could be implemented.
Find

Quote:The day and night cycle: Yea that thing, I loved the hell out of that. It was so awesome seeing all the familiar maps in new light. Don't bring the rain cause that was annoying and a frame loss, but the night cycle! Ffs can we have that back? Like a 1 in 14 chance for a round to be a certain time of day. It was such a great addition, I'm sad that it is gone and no one seems to want that back.

I removed that because fog wouldnt draw correctly over the skybox and annoyed the shit out of me. its an internal gmod bug and couldnt be fixed.
Find

perhaps a beans prop suffix would reinvigorate the community.

now, i completely understand what's going on in your head right now. "dude, why the prop suffix suggestion? it's not funny, and really, it'll never get added. so shut the fuck up."
well, guess what? i don't agree with those thoughts. know why? because my idea is a little more inventive than your average prop suffix suggestion.

the beans prop suffix will not shoot a simple bean, but instead, it will shoot various types of beans. either a kidney, black, pinto, etc. basically, each bean will inflict a different effect. each kidney bean will remove one kidney - once two are removed, the player is poisoned and vision is impaired until they die. the pinto will give the inflicted a sombrero, somewhat obscuring vision because it's a really big sombrero. now, for the black bean, i have a somewhat controversial idea. perhaps the black bean should make the player model of the one affected black for the rest of the round? i think it would be really creative and unracist.

thanks for hearing me out, and leave any additional comments in a future response in this thread!

Faster TTK
Im a weeb since I play Osu! aparrently, Enchantable's fault

waifu in bottle
jiggly bigly watermelon player models

poopy charples brother
Find

(01-30-2019, 08:58 PM)Dreadark Wrote:  I feel like one of the reasons for the deflated player count is the lobby, but I don't know what can be done about that.

Definitely is. But I don't really know if that's such a bad thing. The lobby and our events is truly what makes us different from other communities/servers. It takes away from TTT, but as I've stated before, the sad truth is our 'formula' for a TTT server is now over saturated, and it's the least unique part of FRG.

I think a good step is making TTT more unique, not just from Inventory, drops, or items, but in other ways. Classes were a good step in the right direction, but thinking of new classes(I don't like the idea of classes requiring godlikes or other items), is pretty tricky.

The idea I had on discord is more for the Inventory, which was after I made the following system for ZS:

Quote:upon opening remantler, it requests a 'trait path' from the server(different per item), server generates it, higher rarity item = more paths/and or branches (instead of linear upgrades ,could have multiple branches you can go to)
the later in the path the trait, the better its effects will be for traits that have stats anyways.

Quote:What if you could dismantle all weapons excluding godlikes, for 'scrap'. And ALL weapons have a 'skill tree' generated for them(as in across all of our servers). Wouldn't be any existing traits, but a whole new pool of things you can unlock for your weapon. You would use scrap to unlock nodes of the 'skill' tree, just like ZS and the MP4 above. Wouldn't be anything like pure extra damage,  but stuff you can just use to fine tune your weapon or have interesting abilities/utility added to them. Perhaps the total amount of progression slots will be lower if your item rolls with a bunch of traits too, or there could be a RNG chance for the final node to be something super cool/unique.

I think that idea would give more of a use to all items, not just for keys.
Find

(01-31-2019, 06:20 AM)Brassx Wrote:  
(01-30-2019, 08:58 PM)Dreadark Wrote:  I feel like one of the reasons for the deflated player count is the lobby, but I don't know what can be done about that.

Definitely is. But I don't really know if that's such a bad thing. The lobby and our events is truly what makes us different from other communities/servers. It takes away from TTT, but as I've stated before, the sad truth is our 'formula' for a TTT server is now over saturated, and it's the least unique part of FRG.

You're probably right. I enjoy the lobby a lot too. It's just that getting players to join TTT or ZS through the server browser is basically the only way to attract new players, and that would be by having current players on the server and new players noticing it in the browser. I think FRG has a pretty loyal and strong player base but by having the player count of the servers constantly fluctuating throughout the day because of players joining the lobby definitely means we're missing out.

I agree that making TTT more unique will help though and the "remantler" idea also seems cool. ZS also has lots of potential.

(I also think the portable key maker will help a lot)
Find

I find that TTT is much more enjoyable with a goal to reach for. Raising the level limit and reworking the level up rewards to make people want to get as high level as possible could keep people playing with more incentive to level up.

I find that rewards like the scrolls and cog quest are more exciting to work toward because of the mystery about what you will get, with no hints about what will be inside. Adding more challenges / goals for people to play toward would have people enjoy working toward the higher reward for a higher challenge.  

This could be brought with weekly (possibly monthly too) challenges that reap higher rewards for more kills / collectibles put into them.

Something like a weekly goal of 100 headshot kills, a collect quest of 300 mystery chest fragments (Found around maps like cogs) for a monthly. These mystery chests that could give loot anywhere in a range similar to easy through professional reward chests, but keeping no limits on weapons used so people could work toward them along with their cog quest and scrolls.

These chests would have a 5% chance to roll loot similar to an professional, 10% expert, 15% hard, 25% medium, 45% easy. Having the same chest's loot have chances to be anywhere in this range would make it much more exciting to earn this mysery chest through challenges only progress-able through TTT.