Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

New Class Ideas

(11-25-2018, 04:06 AM)Fuzzy "Mc-Cones" Mcnomnoms Wrote:  Cool but not very friendly to people who really can't afford stuff like this. I would much rather it be based of the type of gun you have, like assassin being sniper + total loadout having over  25% mobility

The point isnt really to be like "here's more stuff that everyone should have immediate access to"
The real point is for people to be able to see a new side to stuff they commonly use, have an incentive to go get new guns so they can play a new style, and for those with a lot of stuff to not be as bored of their inventories.

People already have 3 base classes they can use with whatever.
I feel very strongly about not allowing everyone to have access to every class, while still allowing for some freedom as it shouldn't be super strict in most cases.

...I dont want to just see a tidal wave of classes that you just have a chance to grab.
Yeah, that's kinda neat. And some more general classes would be cool.
But specialization really gets me going, and from talking to some people (especially those who say they're bored of having massive inventories and all these guns that dont interest them anymore), they love the idea.
When a dragon round begins.

Find

(11-25-2018, 04:31 AM)Fancy Typhlosion Wrote:  
(11-25-2018, 04:06 AM)Fuzzy "Mc-Cones" Mcnomnoms Wrote:  Cool but not very friendly to people who really can't afford stuff like this. I would much rather it be based of the type of gun you have, like assassin being sniper + total loadout having over  25% mobility

The point isnt really to be like "here's more stuff that everyone should have immediate access to"
The real point is for people to be able to see a new side to stuff they commonly use, have an incentive to go get new guns so they can play a new style, and for those with a lot of stuff to not be as bored of their inventories.

People already have 3 base classes they can use with whatever.
I feel very strongly about not allowing everyone to have access to every class, while still allowing for some freedom as it shouldn't be super strict in most cases.

...I dont want to just see a tidal wave of classes that you just have a chance to grab.
Yeah, that's kinda neat. And some more general classes would be cool.
But specialization really gets me going, and from talking to some people (especially those who say they're bored of having massive inventories and all these guns that dont interest them anymore), they love the idea.

Godlikes are already the single greatest variety in gameplay on this server without throwing special classes at them that extend their already great power. Despite a couple being weak the vast majority of them are also straight up stronger versions of guns. I don't like the idea of you also getting massive synergies on top of that. Compounding advantages aren't to be underestimated.

Thing is, those synergies are quite easy to get besides for The Ancient. anyone could easily get a loadout set up for those classes for cheap
Find

All of the classes sound super neat, but it'd still be nice to access them without having to have the special items in some way. I get that totally defeats the purpose, but if it was in some much-more limited way, that'd be cool.

The special class synergies could instead just buff the classes to add new or changed abilities, but the core should be available to everyone. Like, I have two godlikes, not counting the crystal synergizer. I don't like collecting guns I won't use. (I have a "heroic with bleed" collection but that's because I love the gun and the trait and I want one of each gun because that's just useful).

But all of the classes look super cool and thought out and would make the game way more fun.

(11-25-2018, 05:16 PM)Terran Wrote:  All of the classes sound super neat, but it'd still be nice to access them without having to have the special items in some way. I get that totally defeats the purpose, but if it was in some much-more limited way, that'd be cool.

The special class synergies could instead just buff the classes to add new or changed abilities, but the core should be available to everyone. Like, I have two godlikes, not counting the crystal synergizer. I don't like collecting guns I won't use. (I have a "heroic with bleed" collection but that's because I love the gun and the trait and I want one of each gun because that's just useful).

But all of the classes look super cool and thought out and would make the game way more fun.

I typed up this long response on mobile, but its mobile and when i posted it nothing was there.
Soooo, essentially what i said was:

Your point is definitely valid, and I dont mean to disregard that point.
It's just that I believe that the base classes should exist in a separate sort of idea as specialized classes.

Each class has its own trade-off as well, so if you can't afford a lot of the expensive stuff that makes a class as great as it could be to buy, you can still use it and enjoy it.
For example, the Assassin:
You realistically only need a ninjato, rebounding crystal, and orb of acrophobia to be able to get this class perk. And while it might not work the best, you're given the availability of still being able to use whatever primary and secondary you want as trade-off.
The Brute:
If you dont have the 15k to buy a cheap vit crystal, it's just a legbiter, any shotgun, any deagle, and an orb of curing that's 200 coins on the market.

You get the idea.
Some of these are meant to be accessible only with some certain things, but then again that's because... it's not something everyone should have access to.
That's something that I'm sure will lose flair for the classes. If, as I said before, as new classes get added it's just always a chance to become something new, that spark exponentially becomes less bright each time it happens, and eventually it just doesnt work because the items you have dont support the class you got. (even now with just 3 classes this is apparent)

It gives people some control over what class they are, still gives the option to not be a class just by using weapons they like by making the requirements somewhat strict, and makes it a little bit more personal.
I, for one, love the idea of just thinking about innocents/dets calling out that a traitor is an assassin, so you need to look at walls to see if they're invis on one or just hanging out. Or if someone's an Ancient, you know they could have a /lot/ of HP and are a dangerous target.

Like I said before, when classes were first released I was excited, but this gets me going.
(...and again, I'm not saying everything should be a special class. That is not what I want, that would rather defeat the purpose. I just want there to be a mix of base classes and special classes, with a good distinction between the two.)

That's more than fair. People do spend a lot of time to get cool stuff but never have much of a use for them. Like, the nexus repeater/epilogue combo was pretty cool, so the classes idea is neat.
Find

Bump!
Would like to see if anyone has other feedback to give Smile

Find

I actually think these ideas are worth revisiting. your loadout weapons being able to affect your traitor playstyle to such a degree would be very cool

(11-07-2020, 06:06 AM)DONGERWEED29266602592O3852309764 Wrote:  I actually think these ideas are worth revisiting. your loadout weapons being able to affect your traitor playstyle to such a degree would be very cool

I think that weapon combos in general like nexus/epi should be brought back, there's a lot of godlikes that share a similar theme but don't compliment each other in any way. Like elneith + valignatir. Scylla + trident at least can enhance each other's power since you can pop scylla wave and start blasting trident balls behind it and ur kinda doubling down on hallway lockdown.