Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Massive Suggestions

Heart 
TTT becomes a decaying and slow gamemode after 1.4k hours, and even when new content is added, it all seems to melt into the games meta, changing little if nothing.
Here are some of my ideas to change TTT for the better

First off, nearly 80% of the server uses a deagle, and for good reason. 1-shot headshots are a powerful thing, and the risk tends to under-weigh the reward. The only other alternatives are the pistol or glock, which compensate for lack of 1-shot by reliable range, consistent damage, and larger clip. Here's my attempt at shifting the power in the secondary slot
Pocket Rifle
New Secondary
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=371363978
A handy secondary rifle, 1 bullet in the clip, slow reload, but nearly pinpoint accuracy (About 10% more than a default rifle) and slightly higher damage. And to top it all off, the firing sound is fairly quiet and unnoticeable compared to a rifle and deagle.

Here are some new traitor and detective weapons, which of the ones below, I tried to only pick ones that seemed unique, bringing something new to the table
Holy Hand Grenade
New Traitor Equipment
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=807428039
The first (of my knowledge) T-Shop item to cost 2 credits, and it is limited to 1 purchase per round, this holy boomer is the only grenade to not damage traitor buddies

Second Chance
New Detective Equipment
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=672173225
When a Detective purchases this item, after their death, they have a chance to resurrect, even if they're the last ones killed. This chance increases depending on how many traitors the Detective personally eliminated prior to their death. Now this may seem a little much at first, but in my eyes, it reinforces the fact that Detectives are meant to be the main enemy of Traitors, not the first one offed at the start of the round. With all the new gadgets Traitors have been given, Detective Body Armor just doesn't cut it anymore.

Spring Mine
New Traitor Equipment
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=922285407&searchtext=ttt
A fun new item that launches anyone foolish enough to step on this item. Upon purchase, Traitors can place this item down on any ground surface. When a Detective or Innocent step on it, they are launched into the air in a random direction. The height they're launched to isn't enough to kill them from fall damage, but that's only if they aren't shot off of an edge.

Munition Shipment
New Traitor and Detective Equipment
(No already-made workshop items for this, but seems easy enough to make)
Simple item that similar to a Health station, can be thrown down for people to acquire ammo. Has a total of 300 Ammo stored, and doesn't replenish.

Now onto some much needed weapon changes

M1 Garand
Level of Concern: Practically Extinct
Let's be blunt, it's bad. The Garand suffers from low reload speed, awful firerate even on a Heroic, and sad headshot damage for a scopeless rifle. In order for this weapon to be viable in a non-meme situation, it needs a rework unlike any other. Listen before you burn me at the stake, the current M1 is essentially a Primary deagle with slower firerate but more range. A deagle 1-shots, fires very fast, and is a secondary. The M1 doesn't 1-shot, fires very slow, and is a primary. See what I'm getting at? I'm not just going to advocate better stats, but I want this weapon to serve a purpose.
Instead of just increasing firerate and damage, this weapon should follow a unique type of ranged damage dealing, rewarding very long distance firing. What my idea boils down to is to essentially give it reverse damage falloff. When I say reverse, it doesn't mean it does less damage the closer you are, just the opposite. Longer distance = higher damage.

M1911
Level of Concern: To the point I forgot it even existed
Hands down, the WORST WEAPON in TTT, no questions asked. 100% would not mind if we fixed this thing by just removing it and replacing all existing ones with a random other secondary. It just has no place among the other choices. There are 0 upsides to using this weapon over anything else, Deagle beats it not surprisingly, Pistol does it's job but actually works, Glock can spray very well, and the Tec-9 is an SMG Glock. And to put the nail in the coffin, it just looks out of place and the model is disgusting.

Other weapons that just need a slightly higher base damage to be effective:
Uzi, Honeybadger, Vector

That's the end for now, so please leave comments and feedback. Thank you all very much for reading!!  Angel
Umpty Dumpty
Find

why are the first few suggestions right aligned, it hurts my eyes

all these new t/d weapon besides the spring trap seem really unbalanced or unneeded. We already have C4, Firebombs, Remote Mines, etc, we don't need more explosive items, and allowing the det to respawn is incredible overpowered and can cause a lot of meta gaming, so that one is off the table as well.
Find

(06-16-2018, 02:10 PM)tobiasxz Wrote:  why are the first few suggestions right aligned, it hurts my eyes

all these new t/d weapon besides the spring trap seem really unbalanced or unneeded. We already have C4, Firebombs, Remote Mines, etc, we don't need more explosive items, and allowing the det to respawn is incredible overpowered and can cause a lot of meta gaming, so that one is off the table as well.

The Detective is meant to be powerful, and if you read, it says it's not guaranteed. As for the fear of meta-gaming, simply disable challange/quest/misc gain from killing a resurrected Detective.
Umpty Dumpty
Find

I should remind you that before I nerfed them, M1911's were used a lot. They shot super quick and became a problem.

M1911's are supposed to be somewhere in the middle between a glock and a normal pistol.
Find

(06-16-2018, 02:24 PM)Bezerker Wrote:  
(06-16-2018, 02:10 PM)tobiasxz Wrote:  why are the first few suggestions right aligned, it hurts my eyes

The Detective is meant to be powerful, and if you read, it says it's not guaranteed. As for the fear of meta-gaming, simply disable challange/quest/misc gain from killing a resurrected Detective.

That's not the type of meta gaming im talking about.

For 5 seconds, you can look around in spectator and see someone:

a) in a t room
b) killing someone
c) having a t weapon out

and such...

not to mention someone gets their entire round ruined because they decided to go for the detective that happened to proc an RNG shop item.
Find

(06-16-2018, 02:39 PM)Brassx Wrote:  I should remind you that before I nerfed them, M1911's were used a lot. They shot super quick and became a problem.

M1911's are supposed to be somewhere in the middle between a glock and a normal pistol.

I remember, but nowadays the only time they're even used is to complete challenge scrolls, and with their current state, that takes a while

(06-16-2018, 02:44 PM)tobiasxz Wrote:  
(06-16-2018, 02:24 PM)Bezerker Wrote:  

That's not the type of meta gaming im talking about.

For 5 seconds, you can look around in spectator and see someone:

a) in a t room
b) killing someone
c) having a t weapon out

and such...

not to mention someone gets their entire round ruined because they decided to go for the detective that happened to proc an RNG shop item.

That's not how it works, you are stuck spectating your own corpse, so you can't ghost. Also, you can stop the Detective from reviving just by moving his corpse off a ledge or in a convenient area to finish him off if he gets up
Umpty Dumpty
Find

(06-16-2018, 02:44 PM)Bezerker Wrote:  That's not how it works, you are stuck spectating your own corpse, so you can't ghost. Also, you can stop the Detective from reviving just by moving his corpse off a ledge or in a convenient area to finish him off if he gets up

Im looking at the code right now, it gives you the option to either respawn on your body OR respawn on any map spawn. That's incredible overpowered and unfair.

I also don't see anything here that prevents you from going into free spectator mode
Find

(06-16-2018, 02:44 PM)Bezerker Wrote:  
(06-16-2018, 02:39 PM)Brassx Wrote:  I should remind you that before I nerfed them, M1911's were used a lot. They shot super quick and became a problem.

I remember, but nowadays the only time they're even used is to complete challenge scrolls, and with their current state, that takes a while

Yes. So why go through all of the effort to replace its base weapon AND model with a brand new one when I can just buff it..?
Find

(06-16-2018, 02:51 PM)tobiasxz Wrote:  
(06-16-2018, 02:44 PM)Bezerker Wrote:  That's not how it works, you are stuck spectating your own corpse, so you can't ghost. Also, you can stop the Detective from reviving just by moving his corpse off a ledge or in a convenient area to finish him off if he gets up

Im looking at the code right now, it gives you the option to either respawn on your body OR respawn on any map spawn. That's incredible overpowered and unfair.

I also don't see anything here that prevents you from going into free spectator mode

Then just disable the map spawn, and if it isn't in it, add the locked spectator cam

(06-16-2018, 03:14 PM)Brassx Wrote:  
(06-16-2018, 02:44 PM)Bezerker Wrote:  

Yes. So why go through all of the effort to replace its base weapon AND model with a brand new one when I can just buff it..?

I wasn't sure how TO buff it, as it's firerate was the main reason it was changed in the first place. If anything could be changed, probably the reload speed would help it the most
Umpty Dumpty
Find

Regarding Detectives and their tools, isn't 1 credit a bit to little to start with? It often feels that your possibilities as a Det is stunted by the fact that you're only able to buy one thing at start.
Find