Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

fist of the djinn

(05-04-2018, 02:21 AM)Brassx Wrote:  Fists fit just fine within the primordial class at first. As I stated, exotics are for items that A. Can't be obtained by normal means, and/or B, don't really 'fit' in existing 'rarity' classes(in terms of how good they are really).

Fists 100% fit within primordial with their usability, and level of "uniqueness". They were made back when primordial was still super new. Keep in mind, primordials can have their share of unique weapon types, they aren't unique enough to be godlike, nor good enough to be considered better than primordial. These conditions are really up to me though, not you guys.

Honestly though, They are obtained from a 'glorified' crate that's pure RNG to get. It would make more sense with how things are now that they are updated to a different rarity, but I don't really see the need. I don't think there's anything wrong with having a few primordial items that are rare and worth a lot more than normal ones.

It makes more sense to make the DJinn Crystal exotic than the fists though, as it's 100% not obtained through normal means. Maybe once I buff it.

This is the next stage of powercreep where there's too much criteria and everything being released will be considered "exotic" /s    
(I really hope not)

Looking back at the things that were exotic, it was the badge tier for the longest time since those fit nowhere and that could have been the end of that
There was the Elk (or moose?) accessory which didn't have a 1/2 to kill your attacker so its fine
When the combined bow was released it made sense because where else would two bows of the highest rarity go when combined with each other
Then there was the meme weapons from april fools (did this come before or after the combined bow?)

The fact that criteria is just now being established to the community probably means that somewhere along the lines there was an error and adding onto this would probably cause more trouble in the future
If the crystal from the djinn was added as an exotic then how about the snowball from santa? The throwable egg from Gregg?
How about most holiday items since they were obtained in a unique way?
You could even draw comparisons to every other boss fights like why isn't the deathbringer a unique if the djinn crystal is, both came from a boss fight and both are heavily reliant on RNG?

IMO the exotic rarity should just remain exclusive to weird/wacky things that don't have much in common with anything else. That way the entire tier of exotics could be a giant bunch of exceptions to everything else on the server and not bound by any rules that the normal tier list has.
Find

(05-04-2018, 06:41 AM)Kuro Wrote:  
(05-04-2018, 02:21 AM)Brassx Wrote:  Fists fit just fine within the primordial class at first. As I stated, exotics are for items that A. Can't be obtained by normal means, and/or B, don't really 'fit' in existing 'rarity' classes(in terms of how good they are really).

Fists 100% fit within primordial with their usability, and level of "uniqueness". They were made back when primordial was still super new. Keep in mind, primordials can have their share of unique weapon types, they aren't unique enough to be godlike, nor good enough to be considered better than primordial. These conditions are really up to me though, not you guys.

Honestly though, They are obtained from a 'glorified' crate that's pure RNG to get. It would make more sense with how things are now that they are updated to a different rarity, but I don't really see the need. I don't think there's anything wrong with having a few primordial items that are rare and worth a lot more than normal ones.

It makes more sense to make the DJinn Crystal exotic than the fists though, as it's 100% not obtained through normal means. Maybe once I buff it.

This is the next stage of powercreep where there's too much criteria and everything being released will be considered "exotic" /s    
(I really hope not)

Looking back at the things that were exotic, it was the badge tier for the longest time since those fit nowhere and that could have been the end of that
There was the Elk (or moose?) accessory which didn't have a 1/2 to kill your attacker so its fine
When the combined bow was released it made sense because where else would two bows of the highest rarity go when combined with each other
Then there was the meme weapons from april fools (did this come before or after the combined bow?)

The fact that criteria is just now being established to the community probably means that somewhere along the lines there was an error and adding onto this would probably cause more trouble in the future
If the crystal from the djinn was added as an exotic then how about the snowball from santa? The throwable egg from Gregg?
How about most holiday items since they were obtained in a unique way?
You could even draw comparisons to every other boss fights like why isn't the deathbringer a unique if the djinn crystal is, both came from a boss fight and both are heavily reliant on RNG?

IMO the exotic rarity should just remain exclusive to weird/wacky things that don't have much in common with anything else. That way the entire tier of exotics could be a giant bunch of exceptions to everything else on the server and not bound by any rules that the normal tier list has.
You can draw comparisons to events, but it doesn't really make sense, because those are much more accessible than a Djinn fight, and accessible to most players. A djinn fight you not only have to get your hands on a djinn, but also get the seal, then get another djinn, then actually go through the task of defeating him. Of course you could trade it off to someone to do it for you, but it's not quite fair to compare that to running an event with a party. It fits fine at Godlike, but could also easily be an exotic.

The criteria is not only now being established, though. I've stated it numerous times over the years. The rarity class has existed since the start of the server, at the time there was nothing to add to it. Badges weren't added to it till much later.

What you said is mostly what it is though. It's not bound by rules of a normal class. Anything I want can go there. It doesn't have a rarity threshold, it doesn't matter how rare something might be. As I stated before, it's sort of the 'misc' class. Adding a new rarity class everytime we reach the outer bounds of a different rarity class is not something I like doing, but will do if it's 100% needed (if exotic becomes too saturated for example).

The new clue uniques went there, simply because there's no other place for them to be in their current state at the moment. They don't exactly fit in with prior weapons added to Exotic, but.. Where else would they go?

We don't have "Godlike" tiers, and I don't really plan on having "Godlike" tiers. So the only other options would be to change them back Primordials (which I thought they were fine at anyways, but people were making a big deal out of it), or make an entirely new Rarity Class for them, In-between Prim and Godlike (which I really don't like the idea of, at all. To me, too many rarity classes is a bad thing).
Find

make new tiers
more rarity classes doesn't hurt anyone
nobody uses anything below unlikely anyways, so all we have is unlikely, rare, legendary, primordial, godlike and ???

add more tiers, remove old ones nobody uses/nobody drops
Find

(05-04-2018, 10:53 AM)Terran Wrote:  make new tiers
more rarity classes doesn't hurt anyone
nobody uses anything below unlikely anyways, so all we have is unlikely, rare, legendary, primordial, godlike and ???

add more tiers, remove old ones nobody uses/nobody drops

Its not that simple, believe me ive been trying for it as well. I wanted there to be a unique rarity for quest items, but we just decided to make them exotic instead.

When you add a new rarity, it has to be added to the market(forums and ingame), it has to uploaded to every server, then the icons on the forums have to be updated, which can take forever since its literally a screenshot of the gun with a colored background.
Find

tbh that sounds like a you problem