Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Christmas Present II

(12-16-2017, 05:29 AM)Nivendo Wrote:  Then what remains of the two that TJ obtained? They don't disappear. They're sold.

TJ is a godlike collector. He will most likely only sell his other one for a godlike he doesn't have. Which doesn't really make them sold. They are basically in a mans inventory.
Bouncy Rounds
Find

(12-16-2017, 05:30 AM)tobiasxz Wrote:  I mean, I own one of the only 3 Esoteric's and I 100% support it coming back so others can also enjoy it. Godlikes are meant to be fun items that you can strive to achieve to get. Not something that you hoard in your inventory so you can feel like a special snowflake.

They should be a bit of both, to be honest. Again, nothing is valuable without scarcity. There's a limit somewhere, and the limit is mostly decided by RNG. Bringing a few godlikes back here and there is fine, but the people who own them shouldn't have to board up their homes and turn off trade requests because people are lining up at their door. As for the hoarding, that's only natural. I tend not to give out the gold, precious metals, and bitcoin that I have stored away in my family's safe out to people who walk up to the door asking about it.
Find

(12-16-2017, 05:03 AM)Beebee1303 Wrote:  
(12-16-2017, 04:43 AM)Unpoke Wrote:  Personally I think it's fine how it is (can't really comment on shortening the time of the event bc I don't know how long it'll be.)
I think however that all the "comeback" godlikes should be significantly more rare.

The mentality right now for the crate is "Oh, 5 X-Capes are going to drop from this crate." I don't think it should be so common as to be thought of like that. I think it should be "Up to 5 can be dropped," more of a "You can get the new godlikes and have a CHANCE to drop one of the old ones."

The max is supposed to be a safeguard for those who got it the first time around and kept it as a collectors item. It's not supposed to be a required amount to be met, it's crazy that one's even close to (or has been) met already.

The fact that TJ got 2 Snow Globes really just boils down to him having insanely good RNG, maybe he's the chosen one or somethin', I'unno but I doubt it'll happen again.

Of course you're fine with this, because you're heavily biased in this matter. You're being Ajit Pai right now, because you directly benefit from your idea. The community should give the ideas and not someone that wants it to be rare.

By the same dumb argument, you're bias because all the Snow Globes have already dropped which would be what you imply that I would gain from not having (which isn't changing), and only you would have something to gain by them being able to drop more. Please be at least open minded to the idea people can have other opinions and maybe think more -_-

- That Thrakos Noob
Find

(12-16-2017, 05:30 AM)tobiasxz Wrote:  
(12-16-2017, 05:15 AM)Nivendo Wrote:  Those rating me with "Salty" and "Dumb" should seriously consider whether or not they'd like to have a godlike that is owned by 69 other people, 6 of which have a copy with doubleshoot and look at feet with bleed. Would you be satisfied with your regular copy? Probably not. Think about it.

I mean, I own one of the only 3 Esoteric's and I 100% support it coming back so others can also enjoy it. Godlikes are meant to be fun items that you can strive to get. Not something that you hoard in your inventory so you can feel like a special snowflake. They're meant to be used, not held like some kind of badge.

That's subjective. Also, nowhere did we state you should be able to get every godlike that ever existed at any time. Nowhere did we also state that 'trading up to expired godlikes is the ultimate goal'. The fact is players set that goal for themselves. There will always be new godlikes, so why not wait for those..?

Godlikes are meant to be what people make them to be. If some people want to collect them and not get rid of them, and feel special for having them. So be it(and this coming from the person who actually made them, spending hours on them, just so only a few ever even use. Trust me I understand both sides, but there's nothing wrong with that, there's also nothing wrong with wanting them) Calling them special snowflakes because they want that feeling is dumb. (Why? Because in almost any game with an economy, a lot of people strive to get cool stuff BECAUSE it makes them feel special. Not just the 'best in slot' items)

As for this, I can't really agree with re-introducing them en-mass. Sure it sucks for others that TJ got two of them (I'll fix the 3rd one not being available. That's a bug it was registering x2 per drop), but such is RNG. I'm not sure how I feel about limiting them to 1 per person though. That might be a better compromise.

There's still 5 other godlikes to obtain from this event.

(12-16-2017, 05:30 AM)tobiasxz Wrote:  
(12-16-2017, 05:15 AM)Nivendo Wrote:  Those rating me with "Salty" and "Dumb" should seriously consider whether or not they'd like to have a godlike that is owned by 69 other people, 6 of which have a copy with doubleshoot and look at feet with bleed. Would you be satisfied with your regular copy? Probably not. Think about it.

I mean, I own one of the only 3 Esoteric's and I 100% support it coming back so others can also enjoy it. Godlikes are meant to be fun items that you can strive to get. Not something that you hoard in your inventory so you can feel like a special snowflake. They're meant to be used, not held like some kind of badge.

I wish it were that way but it's not. People see them as nice to have because they are unique and rare. And it makes them feel unique and rare. Anyone can just go and pick up someones gun off the ground and use it for the round but people would rather own it for themselves. If godlikes become too common people no longer really like them anymore because they dont feel "special" enough. This happened with the ascultone a long time ago and more recently it's happened with thrakos and tartarus. The only godlikes people really strive for are the ones that can't drop anymore.
Find

Also I should mention just how insane it is for TJ to get TWO snowglobes. They are nearly twice as rare as the Eveningstar.

(12-16-2017, 07:25 AM)Brassx Wrote:  Also I should mention just how insane it is for TJ to get TWO snowglobes. They are nearly twice as rare as the Eveningstar.

I wanna see the numbers! Smile
Find

(12-16-2017, 07:30 AM)Alex Summers Wrote:  
(12-16-2017, 07:25 AM)Brassx Wrote:  Also I should mention just how insane it is for TJ to get TWO snowglobes. They are nearly twice as rare as the Eveningstar.

I wanna see the numbers! Smile

1 in 6,500 for the Eveningstar.

1 in 10,024 for the Snowglobe.

(12-16-2017, 06:59 AM)Brassx Wrote:  That's subjective. Also, nowhere did we state you should be able to get every godlike that ever existed at any time. Nowhere did we also state that 'trading up to expired godlikes is the ultimate goal'. The fact is players set that goal for themselves. There will always be new godlikes, so why not wait for those..?

Godlikes are meant to be what people make them to be. If some people want to collect them and not get rid of them, and feel special for having them. So be it(and this coming from the person who actually made them, spending hours on them, just so only a few ever even use. Trust me I understand both sides, but there's nothing wrong with that, there's also nothing wrong with wanting them) Calling them special snowflakes because they want that feeling is dumb. (Why? Because in almost any game with an economy, a lot of people strive to get cool stuff BECAUSE it makes them feel special. Not just the 'best in slot' items)

As for this, I can't really agree with re-introducing them en-mass. Sure it sucks for others that TJ got two of them (I'll fix the 3rd one not being available. That's a bug it was registering x2 per drop), but such is RNG. I'm not sure how I feel about limiting them to 1 per person though. That might be a better compromise.

There's still 5 other godlikes to obtain from this event.

Quote:That's subjective. Also, nowhere did we state you should be able to get every godlike that ever existed at any time.

I never said they should be able to be gotten at any time though, unless you interpret my first post that way to double the rarity. Maybe in a different thread, but certainly not since the snow globe was reintroduced. I really like the way the snow globe came back actually and have no complaints about that, but nobody could have predicted that two would drop to the same exact person before they were even out for coins.

Quote:Nowhere did we also state that 'trading up to expired godlikes is the ultimate goal'.

What other goal is there on FRG though? Its heavily implied that Godlikes are "end game" items, so by that logic they should be the ultimate goal. Yeah, its not written anywhere, but again its pretty heavily implied. No game really has it written in stone that "X is an end game item", that's really decided by a majority of the player population.

Quote:Godlikes are meant to be what people make them to be. If some people want to collect them and not get rid of them, and feel special for having them. So be it(and this coming from the person who actually made them, spending hours on them, just so only a few ever even use. Trust me I understand both sides, but there's nothing wrong with that, there's also nothing wrong with wanting them) Calling them special snowflakes because they want that feeling is dumb.

Calling them special snowflakes was a bad way of wording it, though to be fair I never really said there's anything wrong with that either, and I do it myself actually. But the problem arises when it cuts off other people from getting them just so someone can keep feeling special(which is why I brought up that people with originals should have them be exotic, so they can at least somewhat maintain that feeling while allowing others to have them.) Look at all the people with Last Prayers, they don't sell them to keep feeling "special"(or it at least seems that way), but due to that they're basically an extinct weapon. One comes on maybe once a month if you're lucky. Should it really go to that extreme just so people can continue to feel good about themselves?

(12-16-2017, 12:54 PM)tobiasxz Wrote:  What other goal is there on FRG though? Its heavily implied that Godlikes are "end game" items, so by that logic they should be the ultimate goal. Yeah, its not written anywhere, but again its pretty heavily implied.
Godlikes are some of the rarest/most unique items, so they are the most sought after, but we don't technically have 'end game content' in the traditional sense. We aren't a RPG (yet Wink ). The goals are set purely by players, which you're right, the players do determine that.

I'm just not fully convinced people want these older expired ones because they actually LIKE them(I've read/heard their complaints when they were new, so I stand by this). I'm more on the side that they want them simply because of how rare and 'prestigious' they have become. Which begs the question, do we need a new type of item(always obtainable) even more rare than godlike as an ultimate goal?

Quote:No game really has it written in stone that "X is an end game item", that's really decided by a majority of the player population.

Eh. That's not entirely true. Some games clearly label content as end-game activities and loot to chase from said end-game activities..(Destiny, Runescape, WoW, etc) We aren't quite like that. We don't have level requirements or anything really to be truly considered 'end game' (in the traditional sense). What we do have is 'collect all items to reach a point where the only things you want are the godlikes you can't obtain'. So in a way that is 'kind of' end-gameish. But there's not much stopping new players from obtaining 'endgame items'.

Quote:Calling them special snowflakes was a bad way of wording it, though to be fair I never really said there's anything wrong with that either, and I do it myself actually.

When you basically insult people for using them how they want to, then attempt to declare your opinion as the one true way - saying "they ARE meant for this, NOT this", THAT is saying it's wrong. Not directly, but it's clear. It was simply not well put, but I understand your point nonetheless.

You, and others feel like these items need to be utilized and used, and be active in the economy.

I agree with that, which is one of the reasons I brought back a bunch of these godlikes from previous xmas events. None of them were really in the system anymore,  and literally only 1 snowglobe dropped.

While I do agree, we have to tread carefully on how this issue is handled. Last thing we want is another "candy cane deagle". We also don't want to kill some of the incentives for participating in seasonal events (which sometimes people only do for the chance at items that are only available during it).

That being said I 100% believe SOME expired items should not make a return anytime soon(Those being mostly the recent ones, that have had quite a few drop), I also fully understand the perspective of some of the people who own said items, and how talk of them returning feels scary. ESPECIALLY if they paid a ton for them knowing they would get this sought after. I felt the same way with my Howl on CS:GO. Knowing if valve ever re-introduced them, their prices would be completely destroyed.
Find