Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Christmas Present II

Honestly, many people really hate the fact that the same person can get a limited godlike more than once. I think we should come up with some kind of compromise for the next crate or update the current crate. People will get super salty and not be able to get any of the cool godlikes.

Compromises

1. Keep it the way it is, but lengthen the time of the event?

2. Change it so the person can only get one of the limited godlikes and keep it the way it is.

3. Make the previous godlikes not have a limited amount and let everyone have a chance to get it.

4. Make it so that the person that gets another of the same godlike doesn't take away from the counter

Any thoughts?
Bouncy Rounds

Honestly, I think 4 would be the best option for this. If someone is lucky enough to get another one they shouldnt take one off the counter.

Actually scratch that.

I think a better solution would be after all of an item is dropped, it should be readded back in at double the rarity.

Personally I think it's fine how it is (can't really comment on shortening the time of the event bc I don't know how long it'll be.)
I think however that all the "comeback" godlikes should be significantly more rare.

The mentality right now for the crate is "Oh, 5 X-Capes are going to drop from this crate." I don't think it should be so common as to be thought of like that. I think it should be "Up to 5 can be dropped," more of a "You can get the new godlikes and have a CHANCE to drop one of the old ones."

The max is supposed to be a safeguard for those who got it the first time around and kept it as a collectors item. It's not supposed to be a required amount to be met, it's crazy that one's even close to (or has been) met already.

The fact that TJ got 2 Snow Globes really just boils down to him having insanely good RNG, maybe he's the chosen one or somethin', I'unno but I doubt it'll happen again.

- That Thrakos Noob

(12-16-2017, 04:43 AM)Unpoke Wrote:  The max is supposed to be a safeguard for those who got it the first time around and kept it as a collectors item. It's not supposed to be a required amount to be met, it's crazy that one's even close to (or has been) met already.

Well why don't we just incorporate the one thing Brass said about making the godlikes that were earned during the event Exotic, and making those people feel more special about there weapon. I feel like if we added this we could possibly make it the way I thought would be cool which is have no limit on the amount of old godlikes in the crate.
Bouncy Rounds
Find

(12-16-2017, 04:43 AM)Unpoke Wrote:  Personally I think it's fine how it is (can't really comment on shortening the time of the event bc I don't know how long it'll be.)
I think however that all the "comeback" godlikes should be significantly more rare.

The mentality right now for the crate is "Oh, 5 X-Capes are going to drop from this crate." I don't think it should be so common as to be thought of like that. I think it should be "Up to 5 can be dropped," more of a "You can get the new godlikes and have a CHANCE to drop one of the old ones."

The max is supposed to be a safeguard for those who got it the first time around and kept it as a collectors item. It's not supposed to be a required amount to be met, it's crazy that one's even close to (or has been) met already.

The fact that TJ got 2 Snow Globes really just boils down to him having insanely good RNG, maybe he's the chosen one or somethin', I'unno but I doubt it'll happen again.

Of course you're fine with this, because you're heavily biased in this matter. You're being Ajit Pai right now, because you directly benefit from your idea. The community should give the ideas and not someone that wants it to be rare.
Find

If we're playing that way, as the owner of majority of Snow Globes, I don't mind more people having it. This opinion about this thread could be different depending on if that Djinn flashback crate comes and includes or doesn't include the Snow Globe.

CHANCE. That sounds like the server, I opened 1500 crates of enhancement 3s, but only opened 570 presents. There was always the chance that no one got any of the godlikes. You can't know how rare anything is unless its told to us. Both the snowflakes and snow globes didn't display the drop chance. Perhaps instead of getting rid of it completely, it can be moved to the rarer chance you wanted, or moved into Santa's drop list that includes a rarer chance.
Find

100% agree with everything said by Unpoke. Godlikes are godlike because they're extremely rare, and wanted by everyone. Godlikes wouldn't be the same if everyone had them. No one seems to understand that. The Last Prayer and Oracle and literally anything else you've ever wanted are only valuable and coveted because they're limited and powerful. No one wants to trade them unless you have something of equal or greater value in their eyes, which for a lot of people, is literally nothing. The fact that TJ has 3 snow globes is kind of funny, and really should never have statistically happened, but it did. We don't need to make any counter-measures, because this should not occur ever again unless (I'm sure this is the case) someone opens a large amount of crates and has a large amount of luck like TJ.

EDIT: As a quick edit, I'd like to point your eyes to the fact that I own not a single godlike aside from a Tartarus. This isn't a comment from an owner of any of these godlikes, this is a comment from someone who understands basic economics and human nature. Those rating me with "Salty" and "Dumb" should seriously consider whether or not they'd like to have a godlike that is owned by 69 other people, 6 of which have a copy with doubleshoot and look at feet with bleed. Would you be satisfied with your regular copy? Probably not. Think about it.

(12-16-2017, 05:15 AM)Nivendo Wrote:  100% agree with everything said by Unpoke. Godlikes are godlike because they're extremely rare, and wanted by everyone. Godlikes wouldn't be the same if everyone had them. No one seems to understand that.

We don't care about the rarity, we are talking about the limit of the amount of godlikes you can get. The fact that TJ got the 2 snowglobes is lucky, but now that we can only get 1 is dumb tbh.
Bouncy Rounds

(12-16-2017, 05:17 AM)halaman Wrote:  We don't care about the rarity, we are talking about the limit of the amount of godlikes you can get. The fact that TJ got the 2 snowglobes is lucky, but now that we can only get 1 is dumb tbh.

Then what remains of the two that TJ obtained? They don't disappear. They're sold. The only reason you're complaining now is that you can no longer obtain it through sheer luck. If it were still obtainable and within sight, you'd have no qualms. This all comes back to a matter of personal entitlement. Again, those two didn't disappear. You can still obtain them. Even moreso that TJ got duplicates instead of another player claiming them. I agree with the limitations to the godlikes being brought back. There's no need for everyone in the server to have any given godlike or celestial.
Find

(12-16-2017, 05:15 AM)Nivendo Wrote:  Those rating me with "Salty" and "Dumb" should seriously consider whether or not they'd like to have a godlike that is owned by 69 other people, 6 of which have a copy with doubleshoot and look at feet with bleed. Would you be satisfied with your regular copy? Probably not. Think about it.

I mean, I own one of the only 3 Esoteric's and I 100% support it coming back so others can also enjoy it. Godlikes are meant to be fun items that you can strive to get. Not something that you hoard in your inventory so you can feel like a special snowflake. They're meant to be used, not held like some kind of badge.