Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

Poll: Is the idea of appartments cool or not?
Yeah
Nah
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Appartments

if this gets added i want dibs on the idea, since i suggested it a year ago kappa, also considering brassx is doing realms rn, it might be like a year since this is added, so i dont think we should get to hyped because this would probably be a huge project to undertake, and would make lobby load time huge, maybe a different server for this as well?
Find

(05-27-2017, 08:43 PM)Angry_Reaper Wrote:  i think i suggested something like this once, like a year ago, got shot down as useless, the only problem i see is people with like 100k coins buying everything and having like hella stuff and then the poor people just trying to be able to afford a single thing, and also where would the apartments be on the lobby? i would like to see an actual apartment building, and while we are at this maybe make some minigames from ttt be a thing u can do on the lobby as well, like infection, get atleast 6 ppl together and move into a room like u do for roller mine survival, this way u dont have to wait for a random round thing, and to make the minigames from ttt that are added to lobby not op maybe remove the drops, or just make the drops be things for the apartments, and to deal with the rich people having everything maybe make the only way to get stuff for ur apartment be through minigames on the lobby, like the infection thing, or add a hunter round minigame on lobby, or obc, or bouncing mayhem, maybe even a dragon round thing, again, make the loot from these be geared towards appartments only, and make there be no godlike couch or anything, just basic couch or tv and bed and stuff, and while we are at it, parties, maybe make a pay to enter kind of thing, like 10 coins to enter and u make money off them, and simulate drunkeness and doing drugs and stuff, to make it fun, and turn the lvl needed for the lobby back to 10, and make all the apartments the same, and price just vary based on position in the building

Well the lobby would have a room you walk in that has concierge that would warp you to your room. as for the rest i mean i think there should be diff tiers of appartments, I think most people agree about the lobby And who cares if the rich buy everything, itd be a coin sink aswell as its just for a cool area to hang out with your friends. Add a tv that can play youtube links and just have some fun.

(05-27-2017, 08:40 PM)Eclipse Wrote:  What is this, gmod tower? This isn't really something we need because this would take longer to make than you think it would. Who would model the furniture?

Yes thats what the idea is based off of. Sure itll take a while to make but i mean its just a fun thing that players would want. Gmod has plenty of furniture models and im sure theres a bunch of free ones on the workshop as well, and if anyone wants custom models they can make them

(05-27-2017, 08:50 PM)TJ1524 Wrote:  I think the only reason this worked so well for Gmod Tower is because there was a lot of waiting involved. It's not like you want to go from TTT when you die to lobby and go back to TTT every time the next round starts.

No actually there was no waiting you couldnt be in the apartments while queuing for a game, you had to stay in the minigame hub, the apartments where its own place in gmod tower
Find

(05-27-2017, 08:54 PM)wind Wrote:  [quote='Angry_Reaper' pid='52843' dateline='1495917792']
i think i suggested something like this once, like a year ago, got shot down as useless, the only problem i see is people with like 100k coins buying everything and having like hella stuff and then the poor people just trying to be able to afford a single thing, and also where would the apartments be on the lobby? i would like to see an actual apartment building, and while we are at this maybe make some minigames from ttt be a thing u can do on the lobby as well, like infection, get atleast 6 ppl together and move into a room like u do for roller mine survival, this way u dont have to wait for a random round thing, and to make the minigames from ttt that are added to lobby not op maybe remove the drops, or just make the drops be things for the apartments, and to deal with the rich people having everything maybe make the only way to get stuff for ur apartment be through minigames on the lobby, like the infection thing, or add a hunter round minigame on lobby, or obc, or bouncing mayhem, maybe even a dragon round thing, again, make the loot from these be geared towards appartments only, and make there be no godlike couch or anything, just basic couch or tv and bed and stuff, and while we are at it, parties, maybe make a pay to enter kind of thing, like 10 coins to enter and u make money off them, and simulate drunkeness and doing drugs and stuff, to make it fun, and turn the lvl needed for the lobby back to 10, and make all the apartments the same, and price just vary based on position in the building

Well the lobby would have a room you walk in that has concierge that would warp you to your room. as for the rest i mean i think there should be diff tiers of appartments, I think most people agree about the lobby And who cares if the rich buy everything, itd be a coin sink aswell as its just for a cool area to hang out with your friends. Add a tv that can play youtube links and just have some fun.

i still think maybe make the only way to actually obtain things would be through participating in minigames added to the lobby, would make things a lot more fun to get, instead of just someone with 100k just buying 50 furniture crates and getting a couch, a 50inch flatscreen tv, a queen sized bed, a 50 gallon fish tank with a shark and what ever that shark fish thing was from half life, and that could be another mini game for lobby, idk if anyone here knows what it was, but on css on a minigame server there was a map, with humans and then people that were the fish shark things, the shark things had knives and had to take down a wooden fort i guess u could say on the water, and the humans had like pistols and maybe a huge or 2, and a harpoon thing mounted to a tower, there was like 10 humans and 5 sharks. and when a human touched water they took damage, and when they died they spawned as a shark on the edge of the map
Find

(05-27-2017, 08:54 PM)wind Wrote:  No actually there was no waiting you couldnt be in the apartments while queuing for a game, you had to stay in the minigame hub, the apartments where its own place in gmod tower

...Yes you could. I don't know what version of Gmod Towers you were playing, but the latest one allowed for it before they shut down.
Find

(05-27-2017, 09:03 PM)TJ1524 Wrote:  
(05-27-2017, 08:54 PM)wind Wrote:  No actually there was no waiting you couldnt be in the apartments while queuing for a game, you had to stay in the minigame hub, the apartments where its own place in gmod tower

...Yes you could. I don't know what version of Gmod Towers you were playing, but the latest one allowed for it before they shut down.

arent the creaters of gmod tower making an actual steam game for it?

edit: there is a steam game for this, tower unite, its early acces and some of the minigames it has are some things that would be fun, like its minigolf or ball race or virus
Find

maybe the latest all the previous versions didnt however i have a lot of hours on gmod tower

(05-27-2017, 09:04 PM)Angry_Reaper Wrote:  

arent the creaters of gmod tower making an actual steam game for it?

edit: there is a steam game for this, tower unite, its early acces and some of the minigames it has are some things that would be fun, like its minigolf or ball race or virus

sorry to be rude, just wondering what this has to do with the suggestion lol
Find

(05-27-2017, 09:15 PM)wind Wrote:  
(05-27-2017, 09:03 PM)TJ1524 Wrote:  ...Yes you could. I don't know what version of Gmod Towers you were playing, but the latest one allowed for it before they shut down.
maybe the latest all the previous versions didnt however i have a lot of hours on gmod tower

I had a lot of time too.
Not only could you join a games queue, but if the game wasn't full, you could join on the time of the game about to start.

I also see that you either have only 13 or played on another account.Wind's account
Find

Sounds like a lot of dev time for something not very game changing.
Find

(05-27-2017, 11:00 PM)TJ1524 Wrote:  
(05-27-2017, 09:15 PM)wind Wrote:  
(05-27-2017, 09:03 PM)TJ1524 Wrote:  ...Yes you could. I don't know what version of Gmod Towers you were playing, but the latest one allowed for it before they shut down.

I had a lot of time too.
Not only could you join a games queue, but if the game wasn't full, you could join on the time of the game about to start.

I also see that you either have only 13 or played on another account.Wind's account

diff account my dude
Find

sounds like a lot of things to download and lag out the lobby
Everybody look left

Everybody look right

Everywhere you look I'm--

Standing in the spotlight
Find