Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Kcat refusing to enforce rules

No, in the case of the Kos'd player being innocent, usually the one who called the KoS is then KoS'd for false kos.
"Closest thing I have had to alcohol is chocolate milk... Don't quote me on that!"
"Please somebody use this as a signature to remember this day."-Catbug
Find

(05-13-2017, 04:31 AM)Bathory Wrote:  No, in the case of the Kos'd player being innocent, usually the one who called the KoS is then KoS'd for false kos.

Exactly, so just because a person kills an innocent, doesn't mean you can kill them, therefore it should be a slay.
Find

Listen, the verdict here is pretty much nothing's going to happen to anyone since it was just a slay. Staff here try our best to handle punishments fairly to everyone, and if it was something that was probably just a misunderstanding or someone thought they were doing the right thing, it makes it a more enjoyable experience for everyone to just let things go and skip slaying, because what's the point really in a situation like this?

You're not going to agree to every decision we make but that's just how life works, and as someone with a thousand hours on this server I assure you you'll be on the other side of this situation lots and you won't get slain either for it. Just take a load off and try to enjoy the game for what it is instead of dedicating your life to revenge on someone who killed you because of a technicality.

I hope your name isn't representative on how you feel about this situation - nobody's trying to gang up on anyone or 'circle jerk', like I said, it's best to just take the game with a grain of salt and not take everything so personally. We're doin' what we think is most fair and fun for everyone, I promise.

With that being said, since it's a report against a moderator, I can't close or finalize the decision, but this report is too small to make anything of it anyway, and nothing's going to happen considering the responses to it. Kcat does well in responding to reports usually, and IF this seems unfair to you (which it doesn't to anyone else), it probably won't happen too often.

- That Thrakos Noob

There's two aspects to this and that's rulewise what's legal/just and gamewise what is legal/just

[Traitorous Action]Fancy(Innocent) carries unIDed body, refuses to ID
Gamewise he can be killed as he is being traitorous
Rulewise he can be reported and slain for karma baiting

Fancy gives permission to kill him which you can implicitly do as he is being traitorous

[Traitorous Action] mintyfresh(innocent) kills Fancy(innocent)
Gamewise you can be killed as you did something traitorous
Rulewise you cannot be reported as you did the right thing

moments later

[Traitorous Action] Ziggy(innocent) kills mintyfresh(innocent)
Gamewise he can be killed for doing something traitorous
Rulewise he cannot be reported as he killed you for doing something traitorous

Logically this could repeat ad infinitum

In this case Kcat did the right thing and Fancy is the one who should have been in trouble for causing an RDM train
Find

Well said Unpoke. Closed.
Find