Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Patchnotes 12/19/2016

I'll go out of lurking to raise some potential problems with this. TTT is an incredibly chaotic and clusterfucky gamemode. I can't tell you how often that I will go up and id a traitor I just killed to only then be shot by another innocent missunderstanding a situation. That alone means I feel like the fact you can get team killed before getting the orbs will absolutely cause people to get pissed and general discourse and resentment between people.

This also adds a degree of rich get richer than whether or not it is intended godlikes tend to be better than the equivalent normal gun in a firefight. This advantage generally doesn't matter in ttt, because it's an asymmetric gamemode where you start with quick rounds with random and people tend not to take it completely serious. With the added in adverted promoting power gaming where you are know financially encouraged to do crappy things like kosing off weapon / skin / location that often can't be proved and discourages the use of gimmick weapons like the bows which are easily identifiable; While meaning those with stronger weapons have a direct financial as well as a game play advantage now.

I feel like a much fairer thing to do is give those on the winning team randomly an equivalent to the orbs that would have been dropped by any individual player to keep from a weird overly competitive and aggressive meta game from forming.

Sorry If that seems a bit like a rant I just wanted to be devils advacate to the problems that may arise from this.
Find

(12-22-2016, 01:23 AM)Mr.Tarrasque Wrote:  I'll go out of lurking to raise some potential problems with this. TTT is an incredibly chaotic and clusterfucky gamemode. I can't tell you how often that I will go up and id a traitor I just killed to only then be shot by another innocent missunderstanding a situation. That alone means I feel like the fact you can get team killed before getting the orbs will absolutely cause people to get pissed and general discourse and resentment between people.

This also adds a degree of rich get richer than whether or not it is intended godlikes tend to be better than the equivalent normal gun in a firefight. This advantage generally doesn't matter in ttt, because it's an asymmetric gamemode where you start with quick rounds with random and people tend not to take it completely serious. With the added in adverted promoting power gaming where you are know financially encouraged to do crappy things like kosing off weapon / skin / location that often can't be proved and discourages the use of gimmick weapons like the bows which are easily identifiable; While meaning those with stronger weapons have a direct financial as well as a game play advantage now.

I feel like a much fairer thing to do is give those on the winning team randomly an equivalent to the orbs that would have been dropped by any individual player to keep from a weird overly competitive and aggressive meta game from forming.

Sorry If that seems a bit like a rant I just wanted to be devils advacate to the problems that may arise from this.
I have already considered quite a few of those, and have weighed them to not be significant enough to outweigh the pros/fun of this system. Plenty of people without godlikes get more kills as a Traitor than those with godlikes.

It doesn't take a godlike to kill people in TTT(as you've basically stated). There are plenty of traitor items that are much more powerful than any godlike, in which you can simply use to kill people to potentially get drops.

I'll also counter your teamkilling point. I feel this can eventually promote smarter gameplay in general,as there are harsher punishments for being so hasty to kill people (lose karma = no chance at drops), and just a little extra bonus for doing what you're supposed to. The goal is to hopefully help people be less trigger happy as an Innocent. Because, some people who are extremely trigger happy, have a tough time keeping above 1k karma. If they want said bonuses, they must learn to not just kill for everything.

I have already adjusted it though, so that if you die within a certain radius of said drop you will auto-obtain it.

The only way this would offer a reasonably direct financial advantage is if the drops were common. They aren't common enough to give the 'rich' a direct financial advantage worth even noting(not to mention there's plenty of ways to gain loot and get coins for yourself to work your way up..), or be worth meta gaming for, or even taking super super serious. They will happen passively as you play the game the way it's intended.

So far I have seen that this has helped straightened up a few people that had trouble with Karma.

The fact is, if they break rules, they will be punished. Simple as that.

Just to clarify(the more significant pros/cons we've thought up):

Pros
  • Loot orbs feel satisfying, and fun. It's a great surprise to see one pop out and glow on the ground when you kill someone.
  • Makes TTT have better loot possibilities by playing the gamemode correctly.
  • Promotes smarter gameplay as both Innocent AND Traitor. As a traitor you must play smart and be sneakier(like the old days) or you may not make it close enough to your orb if you get one.
    As an Innocent you must be more careful on who you decide to kill and for what. This should help weed out those that instantly kill someone before they can ID a body, since they will lose karma thus making them unable to possibly receive the drop.
  • Uncommon enough to not be worth risking a ban by metagaming to attempt to get, but not too rare as to never be obtained by some people.

Cons
  • Possible metagaming at first, but there's already a rule against this so doing so will result in proper punishments, if not drop bans.
  • Bitterness between players who kill someone before they can grab their orb. Again to help resolve this out I made it obtain said orbs on death if you are within a certain radius of it when you die.

I didn't just add this out of the blue. I thought about it for quite awhile, as well as discussed it with a lot of people(and had Grass do the same thing). I took it all in and saw that it would be a nice addition.
Find

I do feel like even though it's basically just semantics. Power gaming technicaly isn't the same as metagaming as it only uses ingame information just in a bit of a scummy way. Kosing off of weapons or a skin or a location can easily be explained away as just saying you saw them shoot. When in reality you only heard someone with that weapon shoot. This while functionally are completely diffrent and when doing so is incredibly difficult to determinant which occured do to the nature of ttt.

While metagaming would be sharing information you couldn't ever logically know from outside the game making it a bit easier to put a stop to. Stuff like telling a friend who killed you after dying would fall under this. Which I sincerely doubt would happen unlike the first thing I've brought up.
Find

I think that the orbs are way too rare to get out of like 300 kils ive seen 3 orbs
Find