Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Invincible person causing me to kys on my Hunter round

Well, at that point there were no staff on that could slay the invincible man. Also the guy was literally refusing to kill himself, it was sorta a rock and a hardplace.

You were glitched and two people asked you to kill yourself, BETTER MAKE A COMPLAINT ON THEM!

What exactly are you trying to accomplish?

(11-25-2016, 06:06 PM)tobooasxz Wrote:  You were glitched and two people asked you to kill yourself, BETTER MAKE A COMPLAINT ON THEM!

He's making a complaint about the bug. Atothemax had this same issue with Splashy being invincible, but Splashy slayed. From what I see, barely any hunters win, so I'd be pretty pissed if I killed 15 players and couldn't kill 1 because of a bug. Don't be a dick, dude.
Find

I'd be right feckin' peevish salty if that happened to me. Inno shoulda just left, not like he would have normally gotten anything since the Hunter was deigned to win.
Find

(11-25-2016, 07:28 PM)Mary Wrote:  
(11-25-2016, 06:06 PM)tobooasxz Wrote:  You were glitched and two people asked you to kill yourself, BETTER MAKE A COMPLAINT ON THEM!

He's making a complaint about the bug. Atothemax had this same issue with Splashy being invincible, but Splashy slayed. From what I see, barely any hunters win, so I'd be pretty pissed if I killed 15 players and couldn't kill 1 because of a bug. Don't be a dick, dude.

Then why is this not in bug reports?

He posted chat logs of niceshot and ato telling him to kill himself, which makes it looks like he's trying to get them in trouble for telling him not to delay.
Find

Complaining about the bug? Yeah, maybe he should have posted it in bug reports, but no need to be an asshole about it.
Find

A couple of clues to help you out, BrassX.

One: The person effected is ALWAYS the last one alive. All players before the last one living will die as normal.

Two: When I got the bug, it gave me a one-line hook error that seemed to be pointing to the FRG hitreg fix. I'm unsure if that's what it really was, but I posted the error itself in shoutbox back when the hunter round was first implemented, about a day after the update. You might be able to find it if you keep shoutbox logs (I'm sure you do.)
The hook had something to do with getAngle, or something like that.

Three: Even the hunter gun doesn't deal damage to the player. I tested that extensively the first time it occurred. HOWEVER, hitmarkers DO register, which means that the bug is a disconnect between damage being dealt, not the game confirming that a hit was made.
Find

(11-26-2016, 09:06 AM)Nivendo Wrote:  A couple of clues to help you out, BrassX.

One: The person effected is ALWAYS the last one alive. All players before the last one living will die as normal.

Two: When I got the bug, it gave me a one-line hook error that seemed to be pointing to the FRG hitreg fix. I'm unsure if that's what it really was, but I posted the error itself in shoutbox back when the hunter round was first implemented, about a day after the update. You might be able to find it if you keep shoutbox logs (I'm sure you do.)
The hook had something to do with getAngle, or something like that.

Three: Even the hunter gun doesn't deal damage to the player. I tested that extensively the first time it occurred. HOWEVER, hitmarkers DO register, which means that the bug is a disconnect between damage being dealt, not the game confirming that a hit was made.

I believe they are always the last alive because of that fact alone. I don't think they become invincible at the last second, they were always invincible that round, hence why they are always the last alive (with full hp).

That error you sent awhile back was unrelated to hitreg, and I fixed it that same day. It was related to the clientsided light that's attached to the shoot position of the hunter (only the hunter can see this light, it allows them to see in the dark).

Hitmarkers being registered, but no damage points to it being a newer hook than the hitmarkers. If the hitmarker hook is ran first (only registers if damage is > 0), it will register hitmarkers. Which means a hook added AFTER the hitmarkers is scaling the damage to 0 for some strange reason.

Hunter round logic has a few rules for scaling damage to 0, one of them being friendly fire. If both players are hunters, or are NOT hunters, damage is negated. Fall damage for the hunter is also negated.

However, if the last alive and the hunter both have the same variables set for this(100% networked), they would both behave the same way(and both would not be able to damage each other). It seems to be something else, somewhere else causing it. I was 100% unable to replicate this in all of my testings, I've tried just about everything. There has to be some connection between the users that this affects. The trick is me being here to find it.
Find

I'm unsure that the last person being alive is a result of them being invulnerable the whole round. The three times that I've gotten hunter, the glitch has occurred twice. Both times, Ato was left alive until the end of the round, but up until attempting to kill him, I was unaware that he was invuln. It may be a stupid coincidence, but I don't think that he was invuln until he was the last person alive.
Find

(11-26-2016, 05:02 PM)Nivendo Wrote:  I'm unsure that the last person being alive is a result of them being invulnerable the whole round. The three times that I've gotten hunter, the glitch has occurred twice. Both times, Ato was left alive until the end of the round, but up until attempting to kill him, I was unaware that he was invuln. It may be a stupid coincidence, but I don't think that he was invuln until he was the last person alive.

I didnt mean to rate your post salty LOL

But i think Brass is saying that they are the last person alive BECAUSE they were invincible.
Find