Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

Poll: Do you think this would fit into the FRGverse?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

New gamemode

FRG WC3 (warcraft 3) server

Wc3 counterstrike: source was an amazing gamemode I found during my counterstrike days searching the community servers
it was a server based around the basic T vs CT hostage/bomb gameplay where each player on each team had to buy their weapons with money earned from the previous rounds with a twist.

The twist was that each person was able to select a race such as Night Elf, Orc, Santa, Hunter.
Once you selected your race you were able to level it by gaining kills in the gamemode
Leveling did two different things; The first was giving you points to allocate to your skills, the second was contributing to your total level.

Contributing to your total level was how you unlocked more races. For example you started with about 3 basic races (human, orc, nightelf usually) and when you leveled these to add up to say, 50 total level you'd unlock a new set of races. Usually 1-2 more to repeat the process.
Now you could completely ignore these new races and keep leveling your previous races as there was no cap to the level, but the skills had point caps so at an early point you stopped gaining progression for that race, usually leading people to try out different races when the XP needed to level their favourite(?) unlocked race became too much to continue their progression.

Skills

An example of skills from BASIC STARTING CLASSES of WC3 that I remember would be (I am forgetting a lot, but these are generally what I remember about them)

Human
Passive 1: Each point into this skill gave you a percentage of transparency (about 50% max?) making you harder to see at distances, but not impossible
Passive 2: Each point into this skill would give your weapons a chance to freeze (5-20%)
Passive 3: Gain 25-50 hp on spawn
Ult 1: Teleport to where you at looking, 30s cd.

Orc:
passive 1: Your nade becomes empowered, dealing 65-215% more damage in a larger radius
passive 2: You gain a 20-80% chance to respawn, once.
Passive 3: Each point into this skill would give your weapons a chance to crit dealing (1.5x? I believe it was) damage
Ult 1: instantly deal 20-30 damage to the closest enemy to you, chaining to enemies nearby them.

Night elf:
Passive 1: Have a 5-15% chance to snare when shooting someone for .5-1.5 seconds
Passive 2: gives you a 13-28% chance to evade a shot
Passive 3: deal 5-20% more damage
Passive 4: deals 5-20% of the damage you take back to your attacker
Ult 1: snare yourself and the closest enemies in your view for 1.5-3 seconds

Undead scourge:
Passive 1: Recieve 10-25% hp back as damage
Passive 2: Run 10-30% faster
Passive 3: You can jump higher, lower gravity
Ult passive: You explode when you die.

Bring it back with the Ol' Brass shine!

I'd love to see one of the TTT servers (probably TTT2) converted into a CT v T gamemode with warrior, mage, assassin, cleric and future classes remade into this format to reintroduce this classic spin on counterstrike featuring our inventories.

Relevant video from a small youtuber going over the mod in CS:GO

Find