Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Changes to traits

So in my recent findings I've learned quite a few things about certain traits and lobby. I discovered that in most lobby events most traits don't work these events include bloodwynd, castle, kraken, lyrus, and abyssal terror and worm queen being the only event where traits and suffixes work.

Now my problem is that there are certain weapons that have a obvious advantage over others and rng factor. Certain weapons that are heavily rng based such as valiant and tormented, these guns are amazing well rounded weapons, but they don't have any traits that can really be affected. Valiant has all of its trait part of the masterwork nodes so all the mentioned things above doesnt affect this tier. Tormented is really good in the fact that you can socket other catas and gain there traits is a major plus, but what doesnt make sense to me is fact that with tormented is certain catas make the gun absurdly stronger (yes this is about phrots oblivion) and it becomes a beast for pve, but once again certain traits on most weapons dont work.

I want to suggest to have a certain traits enabled such as double shoot and add ammo, i think honestly that by doing there will be more competition to events. Along with that i understand that this means certain weapons will powercreep.

My last question is also is there a certain reason these traits are turned off because i remember certain items in dilap during xmas time like joy would lag ttt badly but do traits like double shoot also break it? All feedback is appreciated

To add to that chronos should never work in events thats actually busted

They weren't turned off, they simply never worked for them. There was a time where NO traits worked on any event or vs any boss ever. Traits were made for pvp, not pve originally. FRG didn't always have PvE content after all. A huge chunk of our traits and suffixes were made before I had a standardized AI base.

It was only with Dilapidation that I did a huge overhaul and made *most* traits work in PvE. Masterworks were a big stepping stone for some traits being marked as "pve" only traits which would function vs AI and enemies as well, and started paving the way for more things to work vs them.

So yeah, the main reason behind all of this is AI/Enemies do not have the same core functions as players do, so running trait code vs them never would function properly until I made the proper wrappers/checks for them.
Find

I know that your busy with other events and Halloween stuff but do you think there will ever be a chance that other traits like double shoot and add ammo will work in lobby whatsoever?
Find