Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

A few random ideas / improvements

Just putting all my "Too small for an entire thread" ideas here. Here, I'll list ideas, along with my reasoning for them. Feedback would be welcome.

Melancholic G11 special trait
If I remember correctly, G11 was supposed to get a unique trait/something beyond just jumpscare. It requires a fairly large chunk of effort to craft with no real incentive beyond it being a G11.
After this long, I doubt it's even in the works anymore.
Idea: Remove/Replace Jumpscare with a new suffix, "Horror". Horror works like the Dragoon suffix (as in it contains multiple effects that all stem from a single chance). Horror contains the following traits that can proc: Jumpscare, Fright (Pumpkin), Despair, and Spook.

Cerberus Haunt
Haunt, as a trait, is much better than it used to be. However, it still is very situational and a good number of maps simply don't have dark areas to give it use. A small addition to Haunt would do it greater justice in the dark, where it's supposed to be supreme.
Idea: Haunt burdens the target from using their flashlight for its duration, causing it to flicker when on. A relatively minor bonus, but you'd be surprised how often players rely on flashlights even in decently well-lit areas.

Detective DNA Scanner Hotkey
The DNA Scanner is both invaluable and annoying to use. Using it requires you to switch to it (leaving you vulnerable, especially around a freshly killed player) which can take precious time considering that unless you have quickswitch on, you have to scroll all the way down to switch to it.
Idea: Add a hotkey for switching to DNA Scanner. I know there exists ways via console binds to do this to some effect, but an easily set-up system would be nicer.

Immunity Passive-Activation
The Immunity effect is good on paper, but in actual practice, you very rarely know when and where firefights will take place (especially as an Innocent), and as of now, it forces the user to semi-randomly activate it for it's duration in the hopes that it will actually matter when you are possibly attacked. The fact that it takes two seconds to activate, and that your held item will render you unable to defend yourself means that by the time fighting has erupted, it's either already over or you died. Add to this, the cooldown is so long that you'll basically only have one use per round.
Idea: Change the manual activation to a passively-triggered effect where if the player is currently holding an Immunized item the effect activates on its own. Additionally, the effect will activate if switched to while suffering any of the applicable ailments.

More to come.
Umpty Dumpty
Find