Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Possible Fishing Changes & Cosmetic/Rune Changes

Fishing Changes

Upgraded Fishing Bag (~100-200 Slots) - Self explanatory. It's a pain to walk back and forth every 15-25 minutes when you only have limited space in a fishing bag.

Upgraded Kraken Lure - I don't have the exact statistics to back up this claim, but it feels like it's more worthwhile to use a nightcrawler over a kraken lure always. Since the 75% catch rate stacks multiplicatively with the 32% from the soulcatcher and the xx% from VIP lake, you effectively catch fish almost instantly. While kraken lure is raising your chance of catching the kraken with any cast, you're getting more casts by using a nightcrawler. Without having the exact chances to do the calculation, over the course of leveling to 76 I've alternated between kraken lures and nightcrawlers. Nightcrawlers always feel better. You get more keys and more scrolls, and in my experience the discombobulators that I've gotten have mostly (if not all) been from nightcrawler casts. In addition, nightcrawler casts level you faster, which is better for future content overall. If kraken lure is even better statistically, it feels so bad trading your rusty keys and challenge scrolls for it that it doesn't ever feel worthwhile to use it.

Cosmetic Changes - Seems pretty obvious that most people are changing their cosmetics that they get from fishing into runes. I suggest we do one of a few things: 1. Allow dropped cosmetics of a specific rarity specified to be changed into "runic dust" which you can then make into a rune. 2. Drop cosmetics from lake as runic dust. 3. Allow the dismantling of cosmetics into said runic dust. This can be expanded upon by adding the ability to dismantle runes as well, possibly also giving back a certain amount of runic dust. Runic dust could also potentially be used to upgrade runes into greater versions of themselves, expanding upon the crafting system a bit and also adding more opportunities for recipes and the jewel/rune upgrade system that the server seems to be headed towards.

Kraken Pass XP equalization - The fact that kraken's XP is doubled on the weekends somewhat limits the times that people want to do kraken. Could we just set it to be equal across the board like challenge scrolls and cog quest so that people don't feel forced to do it during the weekends? I personally work all weekend so it's often not a good time.

Fish variety & rare catches - Possibly add rare fish only catchable due to specific prompts. "WAR" could have a fish specific to it that you could catch sometimes, as could "WEED", "RARE", "REED", "SEED", "WASD", "READ", "etc. Not really necessary at all because fish are kind of inconsequential to fishing at the moment, which is kind of odd... Fishing scrolls/challenges/dailies could be pretty cool, but I feel like it's too much work for something so minor.

Fishing Caches - At the moment, people fish for one of two reasons if not both: Discombobulators, or Rusty Keys. It could be worthwhile to add "fishing trunks" or "fishing caches" that people could occasionally fish up to find weapons or other useful things like runes or crates similar to a Tier I or II chest or challenge chest, or possibly consumables that give fishing-related traits. Possibly even things that you can add to your fishing rod to improve it.

Fishing Combo - Each successful cast increases your "valuables" rate by a slight amount, increasing the chance to catch discombobulators, scrolls, keys, etc. Failing a cast resets this combo. Could also be a lure that does this.

Consolidated Fishing Lures/Level Rewards - Seems fairly obvious that people only use Earthworms, Nightcrawlers, and Kraken Lures. Could probably get rid of the other ones unless they become important for fishing challenges, but we could definitely use a good mix of new lures/baits, Such as...
Synthesized Eye (Level 35) - Acts as a kraken eye. One use. 7000 Fishbucks.
Magnetic Earthworm (Level 40) - +35% Catch Rate, +50% Rusty Keys. 1000 Fishbucks.
Strange Amalgamation (Level 50) - "It looks like a... Tentacle?" - +100% Kraken Rate. +25% Catch Rate. 1250 FishBucks.
I feel like going much further than this doesn't make sense because it'd lock players out of content. I've been fishing a long time and I'm only 77. Much further than this might be a bit detrimental to some players unlocking content. A skill tree or attributes that you can allocate per level might be cool, though.

MISC
Placing down warbanner can potentially block bullets. Kind of annoying at times if you're not in a position to move during an event boss or something.
Find

Quote:Upgraded Kraken Lure - I don't have the exact statistics to back up this claim, but it feels like it's more worthwhile to use a nightcrawler over a kraken lure always. Since the 75% catch rate stacks multiplicatively with the 32% from the soulcatcher and the xx% from VIP lake, you effectively catch fish almost instantly. While kraken lure is raising your chance of catching the kraken with any cast, you're getting more casts by using a nightcrawler. Without having the exact chances to do the calculation, over the course of leveling to 76 I've alternated between kraken lures and nightcrawlers. Nightcrawlers always feel better. You get more keys and more scrolls, and in my experience the discombobulators that I've gotten have mostly (if not all) been from nightcrawler casts. In addition, nightcrawler casts level you faster, which is better for future content overall. If kraken lure is even better statistically, it feels so bad trading your rusty keys and challenge scrolls for it that it doesn't ever feel worthwhile to use it.

Here's the whole problem with Nightcrawlers: They're too good to not use. You're absolutely correct with just about everything mentioned. The one thing that you forget to mention is that nightcrawler is pure profit basically. I'm at 331K fishbucks all because I didn't catch 2 letters with nightcrawlers. I bought 3 kraken lures one day and didn't get anything from them. It's basically a waste to maybe get one discombob every couple of lures. With nightcrawlers, I'm getting more fishing exp, semi-more pass exp, more fish bucks, and probably just as equal of a chance to a discombob.

Upgraded Fishing Bag is sort of meh, could just use a few more bags as they're not that expensive. The fishing boxes would be neat. Synthetic eye is sort of a yikes as that's basically a really good way to get scrolls. As for the never used lures, they might as well be something you can catch. People will probably still not use them, but at least there's the option.

Also, LET US USE RUNE OF RESTORATION ON LURES and drag lures onto fishing rods please.

My problem with fishing is that there's not much to look forward to. Something additive is exciting, as I like getting cosmetics as it's common and lets me make runes fairly well. I would like to refrain from Rune dust as that sounds like it's going to be a crafting recipe (actually, do this only if it's going to be like key crafting, where it's cheaper). There's also no reason to keep any of the fish we catch. I liked the idea of cooking, but that seems like a waste of effort. Maybe just small crafting recipes that included them to do something would be fine. Something like a barrel of fish (9 small fish, 9 medium fish, or 9 large fish or something to that extent.)

Rusty keys are priced weird in the community for how little they usually reward. I would kind of like to see Djinns somehow introduced into this since they're going the untradable route, maybe along with the cache crate.

Feeding frenzies would also be cool too.

I would love fishing changes like this, adding more crates to it would be more rewarding, and I think fishing could get done more.
Bigger fishing bag, I agree with.
Pretty much any buff to fishing right now might be good.
Find