Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Void's Embrace

Void's Embrace

Godlike Secondary (This could be adapted into any secondary weapon base, but I'm leaning towards a Deagle or a Pistol. Because I'm not sure what base weapon this should be, I won't give it any stats)

Headshot kills with this weapon cause the victim's body to spawn a "Void Tether", anyone in the area gets trapped in the tether which prevents them from leaving the area surrounding the dead body of the original victim for X amount of seconds.

Headshot kills on any person who is already tethered, causes them to explode and damage everyone in the area and everyone who is tethered for X amount of damage.

Pressing right click within X amount of seconds and without damaging anyone who is tethered allows you to consume the tether. Consuming a tether allows you to place it somewhere else (I.e, a wall or a doorway), where it will lie dormant and invisible (but make a sound or something). If someone walks past the tether, it will tether them and chain to anyone else near the target.
Find

That actually seems really cool. I kinda want to see more ideas that are inspired from pass jewels like this now after seeing this; I think that this would be pretty nice to add to FRG, or at least test.

+1 very nice
Find

Sounds like almost a purely Traitor item made for rampages. Would the ability have any non-RDM use as an innocent?
Does sound cool, but it just feels like a "Spray and pray get 8 kills die alt tab" weapon, and we have a lot of those...
Find

(07-12-2020, 06:15 PM)Terran Wrote:  Sounds like almost a purely Traitor item made for rampages. Would the ability have any non-RDM use as an innocent?
Does sound cool, but it just feels like a "Spray and pray get 8 kills die alt tab" weapon, and we have a lot of those...

How does the ability to dynamicaly make traps sound like spray and pray to you?
Find

Seems like a pretty good gun overall, seems a bit t oriented but so are a lot of guns so I think this could be a very cool and interesting gun to have on the server, its a different ability which I think would be nice to see

+1 Very Pog
Find

I agree with Terran it seems very tailored exclusively for traitor play but it could be cool.

Non-Deagle base is necessary some kind of 20/65-70 bodyshot/headshot pistol for damage numbers would be most appropriate for a gun like that

I'd also argue the explosion does a flat 40-60 damage spread among entities, so for example

2 people- 1st dies, 2nd takes no explosion damage due to lack of tether

3 people- 1st dies, 2nd dies, 3rd takes 40-60 damage from tether explosion

4 people- 1st dies, 2nd dies, 3rd and 4th take 20-30 damage each from tether explosion

5 people- 1st dies, 2nd dies, 3rd 4th and 5th each take 13-20 damage each from tether explosion

so on and so forth

Also unless there is some kind of anti-RDM mechanic to prevent innos from taking tether damage maybe you could have it as an activated proc that lasts 30-60 seconds with a CD to mirror the 30-60 seconds period so you theoretically have 100% uptime minus the activation period.
Find