Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

More inventory slots

If we could have more than 100 slots, I would like that very much. I have a few ideas to give options to make it sort of a costly experience.
  • Use runes of expansion + a cost of coins (Think crafting or something
  • Upgrade the runes of expansion like restoration
  • Use backpacks plus runes
  • New Godlike rune from Arvid
  • Pay a flat out cost or something
  • Make it a TTT orb drop

I dunno, I just want more slots in the front without needing to go through secondary menus. Any other opinions?

Consumable backpacks would be cool
Find

I legit have like, 600 slots all among the insane amount of bags brass gives out and my inventory and stuff. I don't think I could ever fill it, why would you need more!? I don't even have any of those super 100 or 200 slot bags or whatever.
Seems nuts to me dude, I have a bank 1/3 full of trash I'm too lazy to remove and like, even less items in my inventory. I guess I can understand the "Rifling through bags is annoying" but how much stuff do you keep in your direct inventory that you constantly use? I have like, 4 guns, my pouches/badges/storage slots (which is literally 90% of my inventory), T rounds and a coin stack.

While I understand the struggle and think that more inventory slots wouldn't hurt if we added an inventory/GUI scaling slider, I think at the end of the day most people's inventories look like this:

You have consumables and crafting mats at the top or bottom, a couple of a useful guns, your fishing rod, and a bunch of bags at the top/bottom. More inventory slots wont do much besides allow for more space in the middle, which can honestly be dealt with within reason by visiting Arvid or sprucing it up. Last time I asked Brass about this he was against it anyway, but maybe something's changed. The backpack might have been a workaround on the coding side of things to save space on the servers or to avoid some constants he coded in during the release of the server. I'm not entirely sure, but he seemed to prefer backpacks over having a large un-orderly mess akin to the bank for your inventory. Seeing how it's shaped up, it's not a bad system, anyway.

That being said, I'd blow brass for a larger fishing bag... 26 slots, maybe?

EDIT: However- If you're concerned that you can't sort things effectively, it is possible that Brass might be able to make a sorting algorithm for backpacks- Repurpose some of the code that prevents things from being broken down into catalysts when they drop into your inventory, add those tags to specific containers and it might be possible to have things like cosmetics fall right into a specific bag with the right tags enabled. Not sure how Brass coded all that, but it's an idea that might work if he coded it like I think that he might have.
Find