Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Idea for old monthlies

Not sure if there is a plan for them after the new system is added, but I think they should be made into a Monthly crate, that rolls between all the 12 monthlies and gives a random one, similar to the flashback crate.

With how much people enjoy the items and how many get decon'd for crafting, I think it is not a good idea to have them completely taken out of the drop pool.

The crate would be rarer than a normal monthly, and giving a random one would make it so that the more sought after monthlies can stay valuable.

Im sure most people will disagree with this because eventually it MIGHT devalue their current monthlies, maybe when added give all the current monthlies out a special name or something to show they dropped through the original system, similar to the exotic versions of flashback guns

man look what happened with flashback
hell naw
i'd be okay if they were kept in the same rotation with much lower chances, but im not even sure on that one.
after playing again for a few weeks, ive noticed something

with the way that monthlies were added, and how good most of them have been, they are basically one of the few items that are even worth a damn anymore.
Conq isnt worth shit
most crate godlikes arent worth shit
scroll uniques mostly arent worth shit, save for maybe deimos but thats getting there.

the only items that are even valueable anymore are monthlies and SUPER RARE event items like survive/grims page and ophi. it sucks.

i know this isnt even the point of the thread anymore but tbh i feel like the monthlies have put everyones expectations for items way too high and that combined with the way they were implemented just did not work well.
the idea for monthlies was awesome but it fucked a lot of shit up imo

I don't think any item should be "permanently valuable" and "unobtainable".
New players join the server. New players who never had a chance.
Zombieninja makes a ton of strong points and I agree with it, they should always be available.
Its just stupid, elitist and server-killing to have "MUH SPECIAL UNIQUE ITEM I GOT AND THESE PLAYERS NEVER WILL!"
Some of the monthly items are really unique and fun and cool to have.
Limiting anything permanently is just BAD DESIGN.

Alex I dont see the problem you're talking about with flashback crates, bringing old godlikes back that the current owners either wouldnt sell / 2 million for a moderate gun isn't an issue. It would suck for brass to have worked hard on the monthlies just to have them tossed away into the unobtainable pile. I would take monthlies being worth "only 300k" compared to "2 mil but good luck finding someone who will sell lul"

rare things should remain rare

(05-02-2020, 01:40 AM)ZombieNinja975 Wrote:  Alex I dont see the problem you're talking about with flashback crates, bringing old godlikes back that the current owners either wouldnt sell / 2 million for a moderate gun isn't an issue. It would suck for brass to have worked hard on the monthlies just to have them tossed away into the unobtainable pile. I would take monthlies being worth "only 300k" compared to "2 mil but good luck finding someone who will sell lul"
We old guard seem to be more interested in the general fun of the server, and the fact that cool things should be obtainable, but there's a sort of obsession with the inventory newer-ish players seem to have. Like, I get it, we play for the inventory, but there's also the community, Brass himself (no homo) and the fact that TTT is fun.
I STILL want a gambler's fallacy, I wanted one day one because it seemed (and IS) so cool to me. I could see new players just getting disgruntled at that sort of "Elitism" bullshit that people demand. "Rare should be rare"...Yeah! That's still rare! Its just not unobtainable!
I think Brass understands this sort of mindset, but anyways I like your idea and would love to see it implemented.

so many monthlies got decon'd i think a rare monthly crate would be a great idea

I have a feeling Brass will already have a plan for what he's going to do, but they should definitely still be obtainable even if extremely rare and only for a month. It'll keep adding a few more into the system so that players have a better chance to buy one if they can't drop one themselves. I seriously don't see the problem people have with this it's not like the price of monthlies will suddenly plummet to rock bottom.
Find

+1 I want snowman and arbiter pet

Why is no one talking about the old pets that u cant get. Like dragon.... also WHY DOESNT DRAGON TRAIT WORK ON RIFT DRAGON.
(tbh I haven't tested if it does work I just assume it doesnt.)

(05-02-2020, 01:57 AM)シールプラチナム Wrote:  rare things should remain rare

Just because something is not permanently limited doesn't mean it cannot remain rare.

On their release, flashback crates were much rarer then they are now.
1 dropping every couple of months compared to multiple a month right now.

I think Brass should add a system to return old monthlies but actively adjust the drop rate as our community and player base expands.