Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Bring back random chance minigames

I honestly don't get why they left in the first place, but I honest to God miss playing an obc round or playing any sort of event round, I guess some people didn't enjoy them, but I felt like they brought uniqueness to FRG. Just playing and having the chance to relax and score some loot after a sweaty traitor round to get some cool unique loot like obc pet or seeing a dragon egg after a dragon round on gm_headlong. Can we please re enable random minigames

Also if you disagree with this, can you post on why, I'm just curious no hate at all.
Im a weeb since I play Osu! aparrently, Enchantable's fault

Most people on FRG are sweats now and just want to do challenge scrolls. I agree with you though, I liked most minigames.
Find

Mini games became hated mostly after Challenge Scrolls came about; people don’t care about chances at loot, they want to guarantee loot by finishing their scroll. I never understood the mentality behind literally afking the moment a mini game starts, and I actually enjoy them.
Umpty Dumpty
Find

Them being removed is not a good step! Sad
Find

obc round - AFK. your inputs hardly matter.

hunter round - AFK. you can't really see the hunter at all, why bother squinting super hard and running around getting loot crates. it's like being innocent with more restrictions.

longsword - ok, but sometimes people purposefully delay. can feel lengthy, especially when the last 2 people sit around for 3+ minutes

player boss - dies immediately because he's afk, or he sweats and kills everyone. what's the point. also you have to run and try to damage him before he gets killed frequently to have any chance for loot because he is often killed too quickly.

bounce balls - ok, but the crouch jump restriction seems excessive and sometimes occurs when you're just trying to jump up platforms on certain maps.

spider queen - massive amount of hp. no useful rewards. seems like a waste of effort.

moonlord - spider queen, basically. except it takes even fucking longer. also half the time the boss is stuck in the skybox, can't attack players, or hides in an obscure location.

infection - sit and wait for zombies to come to you for like 5 minutes, or die and hunt people. somewhat AFK and feels lengthy.

beam sword - fine, but that shit was happening like every map and got a little repetitive.

perhaps i missed a few but honestly most of them did not seem worth playing, which is likely why many people refer to several minigame rounds as "afk" rounds. the loot incentives are eh, the rounds themselves can take forever, some of them your inputs matter little, and some are just buggy. i think if they are to come back some things should definitely be changed first, and some of them should honestly be reworked entirely or just scrapped because they are straight up not fun (at least imo..).

(04-25-2020, 06:17 PM)Enchantable Wrote:  obc round - AFK. your inputs hardly matter.bad take. obc is fun and chill minigame where u dont have to sweat

hunter round - AFK. you can't really see the hunter at all, why bother squinting super hard and running around getting loot crates. it's like being innocent with more restrictions. actually agree with this, sadly I haven't really liked hunter rounds since the fog was added and loot crates. It's seriously no fun running around in fog blindly spraying until someone gets lucky and unloads a few rounds into the hunter's forehead. I actually cannot see the hunter when he is stabbing me in the face.

longsword - ok, but sometimes people purposefully delay. can feel lengthy, especially when the last 2 people sit around for 3+ minutesi dont think longsword is that bad. if anything speed up the rate that the arena closes.

player boss - dies immediately because he's afk, or he sweats and kills everyone. what's the point. also you have to run and try to damage him before he gets killed frequently to have any chance for loot because he is often killed too quickly.i think that for almost every player boss round, the boss is massively underpowered and gets rekt almost immediately by the players.

bounce balls - ok, but the crouch jump restriction seems excessive and sometimes occurs when you're just trying to jump up platforms on certain maps.i think bouncy rounds are very fun, but the crouch jump restriction can ruin your round even if you arent meaning to spam crouch jum.

spider queen - massive amount of hp. no useful rewards. seems like a waste of effort.i think the spider queen could use more hp or be made smaller or somehow easier to control. it feels so slow and clunky that the players can just mow you down before you even have a chance.

moonlord - spider queen, basically. except it takes even fucking longer. also half the time the boss is stuck in the skybox, can't attack players, or hides in an obscure location.i think moonlord is fine except for the few bugs ive seen.

infection - sit and wait for zombies to come to you for like 5 minutes, or die and hunt people. somewhat AFK and feels lengthy.disagree. infection round is fun

beam sword - fine, but that shit was happening like every map and got a little repetitive.

perhaps i missed a few but honestly most of them did not seem worth playing, which is likely why many people refer to several minigame rounds as "afk" rounds. the loot incentives are eh, the rounds themselves can take forever, some of them your inputs matter little, and some are just buggy. i think if they are to come back some things should definitely be changed first, and some of them should honestly be reworked entirely or just scrapped because they are straight up not fun (at least imo..).

added my thoughts in red. unfortunately, for people to like minigames now there has to be a high loot incentive or else its waste of time, which is sad. but i think brass currently has plans to add back minigames with some changes to loot. i personally think it would be interesting if every minigame had its own nifty unique tier or something, like draconic for dragon rounds. If i had to suggest a minigame that needed a rework the most I would be torn between reworking spider queen or reworking hunter rounds.
Find

I like all of the minigames, because they break up the monotony of TTT. They're short, too. The only long ones I'd say are hunter or dragon, and the former is only because people can't play Hunter well usually and the latter because its the beefiest boss around.

If people hate Hunter rounds so much, then redesign them to be like the Hidden game. Have 2-3 hunters, and give the players special equipment. Trip sensors to tell if something went through it, refills to grenades and some temporary vision perks, like thermal. Make it more engaging for all parties. More hunters with less life = less of a grind. Maybe increase Hunters' damage though, a backstab should do 50% damage and a stab anywhere else 33% maybe.
Find

all my inputs are under enchantable's in this post, im not boomer enough to know how to use forum features

obc round - AFK. your inputs hardly matter.

Literally, I can get top 5 pretty reliably by standing still in a corner, i get that some like this minigame but it's not actually rewarding to be playing it and it's more RNG than running around. Some people like to use it as a chill round, which I agree because I literally get up off my desk and move around my house for a while to detox from FRG

hunter round - AFK. you can't really see the hunter at all, why bother squinting super hard and running around getting loot crates. it's like being innocent with more restrictions.

I agree with dread on this one, It's just so hard to see the damn hunter!

longsword - ok, but sometimes people purposefully delay. can feel lengthy, especially when the last 2 people sit around for 3+ minutes

I like these ones personally, I think they're really fun the only issue is getting butt sexed by multiple people isn't fun and it's pretty hard to fight back. Maybe add a spin move which doesn't do a lot of damage but adds knockback on hit and on block? This lets you escape a shit situation where ur getting sexualized by 2 people.

player boss - dies immediately because he's afk, or he sweats and kills everyone. what's the point. also you have to run and try to damage him before he gets killed frequently to have any chance for loot because he is often killed too quickly.

These rounds don't last long enough a majority of the time if the boss is afk for people who spawned far to find the vampire and get damage in. But that's my only complaint, I really like vampire rounds and I really like the bloodsurge.

bounce balls - ok, but the crouch jump restriction seems excessive and sometimes occurs when you're just trying to jump up platforms on certain maps.

Bouncy tier is very rare, and its cool proc is more common from shrine. Just up the chance of bouncy a bit but don't make them almost every round. Niggas will always do shit if it gives them fat loot.

spider queen - massive amount of hp. no useful rewards. seems like a waste of effort.

Same as above.

moonlord - spider queen, basically. except it takes even fucking longer. also half the time the boss is stuck in the skybox, can't attack players, or hides in an obscure location.

100% agree with enchantable, where unique at tho?

infection - sit and wait for zombies to come to you for like 5 minutes, or die and hunt people. somewhat AFK and feels lengthy.

I think infection rounds are pretty fun.

agreed
Find

I love any type of minigame but if they are to be added back into an rng pool please for the love of god increase the loot you can get from it. Doing a 10min bouncing mayhem round just to get 2 cresent cases and a rune of easing makes it actually hurt my head
Find

runes of easing are AMAZING though.
But drop tables could be changed.
More runes of easing please